1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Tank bag recommendation for Tiger 800

Discussion in 'Triumph Tigers' started by longslowdistance, Feb 23, 2018.

1. DaFoole

DaFoole Well Marbled... Supporter

Oddometer:
    Anyone fitted a Wolfman Rainier to their Tiger? Switching from Tenere' to Tiger and would like to keep the bag but not too sure about fitment. XRx with Rox 1 3/4" (IIRC) risers... Haven't picked up the bike just yet.
  2. bluestar

bluestar sheep shagger

Oddometer:
    Rainier works fine on my Tiger.
    DaFoole likes this.
  3. DaFoole

DaFoole Well Marbled... Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks Bluestar! Good to know. LOVE my Rainier...now on it's 4th, soon to be 5th bike!!
  4. XRman

XRman Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have a SW Motech bag as well. It is a much larger bag that I transferred to the Tiger form a DL650 I previously owned. (Engage XL)

The beauty of this system is that it is a breeze to refill the fuel tank and no paint scratching from bag contact.
    blk-betty likes this.
  5. stevedo

stevedo Been here awhile

Oddometer:

I'm using a Wolfman Rainier on my Tiger 800XC. I like it very much and it's proving to be extremely robust. Not too big that it interferes with me riding the bike. Only slight downside for me is having to stop when it rains to fit the waterproof cover, bit of a faff. Currently in Colombia on a RTW trip, www.tiger800rtw.com

A full list of the kit we're carrying and using is at http://www.tiger800rtw.com/bike-kit/ if it helps anybody :-)

Saludos
    Steve and Janette
    DaFoole likes this.
  6. ride4321

ride4321 Long timer

Oddometer:
    P1080274.JPG I've been using a Joe Rocket Manta XL for around 9 years and have been very happy with it. Had it on my 1050 Tiger and now on my 800XC. No map pocket but I'm too blind to use one anyhow. Raincover is in its own pocket and can be pulled over while riding. I got mine for $50 way back when. It's still in good shape and has covered most of the lower 48.
  7. norcalwelder

norcalwelder Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    While it is expensive, I have been very happy with my Giant Loop fandango. I haven't needed the waterproof liner it came with, the bag seems really well sealed without it. [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
  8. Mr. B

Mr. B Slowpoke

Oddometer:
    I think this is the Wolfman Explorer Lite on my bike. It's not quite ideal because the peak at the rear of the tank portrudes into the tank bag space. It works okay, though, and you can still stuff it full of, well, stuff.
    [​IMG]
  9. RideFreak

RideFreak Torque Junky

Oddometer:
    This is a First Gear magnetic bag I had left over from my ZRX. I've been using it on the Tiger and so far I've not seen any reason to update it. Holds as much as I want to carry on the tank and stays put. I do wish it had a power port but that's easy enough to add.

[​IMG]
  10. ride4321

ride4321 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have the Wolfman Enduro on my DR650 and if my JR would fit I'd much rather use that one. Nothing wrong with the Wolfman but the JR is more functional for less $$. Much better fitting rain cover on the JR also and it's built in. I think we get sucked in by name recognition and overlook good functional gear that works for much less money sometimes. I'm still rocking a $15 dry bag from Walmart that has covered most of the lower 48 with me. Can't see any reason for replacing yet.
  11. flux_capacitor

flux_capacitor I know a shortcut!

Oddometer:
    I had a nice Wolfman Rainier but the damn thing was too big for standing on the pegs on the Tiger 800 so I fitted my trusty Wolfman Enduro and it does great. When I’m on the pegs I don’t want stuff hitting me in the bits but that’s just me! I’m a self-appointed Gear Whore but the Enduro bag is one I’ve never decided to sell off.

F561D5C4-0DA4-499A-93F4-85C687975443.jpeg
    7C705DB4-EDFE-44E1-BD78-F99C0343D2EF.jpeg
  12. Actionable Mango

Actionable Mango Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Of all the bags in this thread, this one appeals to be the most. Can you fill the gas easily without complete removal? For example, maybe popping the two rear connectors, and flipping the bag forward out of the way?

Also, do you happen to have any pictures of it mounted to the Tiger? I don't like some of the fitment pictures on the website where on some bikes it shows the bag protruding rearward into the "nads" area.
  13. Rossland Rider

Rossland Rider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Does anyone have a picture of the Mosko Nomad on an 800xc? It looks like a great bag, just not sure how it will fit.
    Thanks
    bigfoot2222 likes this.
  14. teamster

teamster i just want to do hoodrat shit with my friends

Oddometer:
    Mosko Nomad, mounted on an '18 XCA! Really like it, super well designed.

Attached Files:

15. bscar

bscar Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Here’s another without the top map attachment. Great bag.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  16. CDN_Bacon

CDN_Bacon Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I just bought this bag but I haven't drilled and installed the base plate yet. I can't decide if its going to be big enough. Been mulling over getting the Sport or City bag. How do you find it?
  17. maxattack

maxattack Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I love it for day to day use. I have been thinking of also buying a City to use on larger multi-day tours.
  18. DesmoRyder

DesmoRyder Nighthawk Sport-Tour

Oddometer:
    I know this is an older thread... but I have a '16 800 Tiger XRT with Rox risers, but with the bars rolled back more. I am having trouble finding a tank bag that will clear the bars. Where do you have your tank ring adjusted? I was hoping if the lock ring was in the most forward position (moving the bag to the rear) it might clear my bars. Thanks for any input.
  19. 9w6vx

9w6vx Pergo et Perago

Oddometer:
    I had exactly the same problem when i used pivoting risers and pulled the bars back.

I initially used Givi ST602 (4L) tank bag but it would hit the handlebars at full lock.
    I then used the Givi XS319 (3L) and it clears the handlebars perfectly.

Hope that helps.
    DesmoRyder likes this.
  20. teamduh

teamduh Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have the exact model and my cortech bag uses magnets. I love it. I also have the rox risers and no interference. JPEG_20200920_095614_3254118546262061441.jpg
    DesmoRyder likes this.