TAT 2018 - Honda Grom Edition

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by victay, Jun 29, 2018.

1. Night_Wolf

Night_Wolf Leg Humper

Oddometer:
    Her bike was my Grom; when she took rider training last summer, it became hers in all but name only. Since she absconded with mine, I picked up the 2018 in October & now instead of 1 Grom to mod, I have 2 :hide So far her ass seems to handle the stock seat better than mine did & while she wasn't sure about the side cases I added to mine; she does think they look pretty good, especially with the larger top case that I have
  2. Night_Wolf

Night_Wolf Leg Humper

Oddometer:
    Dropped them a message on FB asking about the accessories; missed the center stand on the 1st look too. :tb

Posted on Maxim Honda FB Page
  3. simi.d

simi.d Enthusiastic Noob

Oddometer:
    Also like the center stand. Will stop me doing this :jack

2019-06-13 10_28_40-Transamerica Episode 6 – We came, we saw, we kicked its ass - YouTube.jpg

Just needs some double take mirrors, lose the hard luggage, maxxis m6024s, heated grips, 428 x-ring chain, flush mount indicators and a headlamp cage (front indicators are the fist things we knocked off), gel seat insert and some suspension upgrades... never-ending story :clap but soo much fun.
    klaviator and Night_Wolf like this.
  4. BLucare

BLucare Inmate At Law

Oddometer:
    Finally getting started on the episodes this evening! Great stuff so far, at least up until Damascus, VA :thumb Glad to see you're enjoying our country so much! :beer

EDIT: That elk in Episode 2! How awesome was that?? Even as far north as I am here, we rarely see them. Never, in a million years, would I have thought you'd see one in North Carolina outside of a zoo, or an animal sanctuary of some sort.
    victay and simi.d like this.
  5. victay

victay Enthusiastic Noob

Oddometer:
    Slick Rock Trail is not exactly meant for adventure bikes, but when has that ever stopped us on our Groms?
    Simon loved every minute of it. If we lived in Moab, it's something he would be riding every day.
    I on the other hand was pooing my panties about 80% of the time. It was fun, but for me it was the kind of scary fun that is very close to the edge of "woah, I'm not sure I want to be doing this I wanna go home now". Looking back, I'm so glad we did it, and would definitely do it again.

6. scridercoach

scridercoach Old crusty bast**d

Oddometer:
    Bravo!! I've run out of accolades for you two.
    victay and simi.d like this.
  7. leevil

leevil Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Another Great Episode!!! I just rewatched it. Your graphics (very impressive, btw) show that you rode against the recommended direction of travel, is that the actual direction you took?
  8. drdubb

drdubb OFWG Supporter

Oddometer:
    Amazing...I know that is one trial I'll never ride. Good go you two.
  9. GHO100

GHO100 Goerge

Oddometer:
    excellent stuff for my sunday morning coffee :-)
    simi.d and leevil like this.