TAT 2018 Roll Call

Discussion in 'Americas' started by ButchCoolidge, May 18, 2018.

1. ButchCoolidge

ButchCoolidge Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Lets get a TAT roll call started. I started a small list from some of the newer post with solid dates. Either copy and add to this list or post your dates and I'll update the list. Also lets use this thread to post "real time" active trail conditions as you start your rides.

TAT 2018 Roll Call
    Updated 7/10/18
    June (early June). @tlxsess - Flexible but planning to leave from Augusta GA and start the TAT near deals gap around the first of June and go until something comes up or I reach the coast.

June 2 - ??? @Chrisaddition - NYC - Oregon. Pm me if anyone wants to ride for a bit. Im on a 06 KLR 650.

June 4- ???. @bigdog1807 - Planning to catch the TAT near the AR/OK border on June 4 and ride to CO to see family. Message me if you care to share the trail for a couple of days.

June 13- ???. @Madog - Heading out from Maggie Valley NC with a destination of Mid Arkansas. Camping/motels. Polaris RZR 1000

June 20 - ???. @wadethewanderer -Leaving from Sunset Beach, NC on June 20th, to Andrews, NC and then, at the very least, to western Oklahoma . Camping for the most part, an occasional motel about every 3-4 days to remove the stench. Hope to meet some of you wanderers on the TAT

June 18 - July 2. @The Goatsmith - T
    wo of us leaving from Amarillo, TX riding west on Sam's new route as far as we can get by July 2nd, then truck back home. Camping mostly, but we'll try to get a motel every few days.

June 19 - ???. @SOLOKLR Father and son leaving NC area around the 19th of June. 2004 KLR 650, 2004 KLR 250

June 21- @btabor - leaving from Tellico Plains June 21st and hopefully arriving at Telluride 9 days later. DR650

June 23 - 30. @cwcm - Current Plan is to ride from VA to Tellico TN using Sam's TAT track. Right now, four of us on Dual Sports...

June 25 - ???. @scanda - Riding solo. Leaving Tampa June 24 to Jax then to Andrews to start the TAT.

June 28 - ???. @Walkerb Headed out from Lenoir, Nc to Port Orford. Solo with a few guys jumping in for a few sections

June 30 - ???. @VStromNC – Meetup near the Ozark National Forest portion of TAT 06/30 with Micky Mike then onto Trinidad to meetup with @greentouring99 and continue westward to the Colorado passes and Moab. Bikes- DR650, KTM690 & Husky 650 Terra.

June 30 - July 23. @Greener73 - [/USER]
    Solo ride from Tellico to Moab using Sam's TAT tracks. Then using portions of other tracks (UTBDR, IDBDR, GCBAR, Silver State OHV, Utah & Idaho TAT) to get from Moab to the grand canyon before turning north and ultimately end up in Edmonton AB.

July 1 - ???.
    @Teutates74 - Leaving from Tampa, FL going up to NC to the start of the TAT. Using Kevin's route. Solo on a Triumph Tiger 800 XCx.

July 1- July 27 @Katoom5Hundy - Starting in Moab and riding west to the Oregon coast. Looping back to the tour of Idaho and back to Moab. Two Ktm 500's

July 7- ???. @huntstunt leaving Atlanta solo around July 7th to start the TAT. Heading North at the CDT to Yellowstone. Open to traveling with others! On a DRZ400, plan to camp and motels.

July 10 - ???. @Dirt = Life - Flying the bike in to Montreal and do the scenic route down to New York and from then i just stick to Kevins trail until i reach the pacific.

July 12 - ???.
    @L.V. 2 Leaving Tallitoba, Ms to taking Sams northern route to Port Orford. Riding solo back following the old Route in reverse. Making the Loop.
    Husky 701, Tiger 800. Anyone wanna hook up mid August for a reverse run of the old route let me know.

July 14 - Aug 10. @TurnerR - Two riding from Andrews NC - Oregon. Following GPSkevins tracks. Will play around a day or two in Moab. XR650 and DRZ400.

July (mid July). @garthxt - Doing the TPAT and then the TAT, starting roughly mid July. 2 on XT600's.

July 29 - Aug 10. @txmxrider @mxcrider - Leaving from Trindad CO to Port Orford. Using gpsKevin's route and taking the red (difficult) trails when time allows. WR250R Yamahas.

Aug 5 – 18. @ButchCoolidge – Moab to Port Orford. Solo – KTM 690

Aug 11 - ???. @mud-or-dust - Starting in Helena, Arkansas. Solo but interested in a companion. Riding for 2 weeks, however far that gets before turning back. Stealth camping as much can.

Aug 12 - ???. @webbpinner -
    Leaving out of Salida, CO for OR on Aug 12. Two guys from New England who did the first half last year. 13' CRF250L and 89' XT600. Looking for help with bike transport back to anywhere on the east coast early Sept.

Mid August. @mikejana - 3 WR250R's, Me and 2 of my 3 sons. Leaving Florida's space coast Mid August to pick up part of the SEAT/TET to the TAT. Have Sam's and Kevin's tracks. Still thinking about going backwards

August 20 - ???. @rkdwp - NYC to
    [/user]Oregon. Stopping in UT for 2-3 days to ride. Solo on KTM 690. Open to joining for sections.

Aug 31 - ???. @Sifox - leaving NY Aug 31 (my birthday) solo and heading to Oregon. KTM 500 EXC
  2. Walkerb

Walkerb n00b

Oddometer:
    Headed out from Lenoir, Nc to Port Orford. June 28-? Solo with a few guys jumping in for a few sections
    wadethewanderer likes this.
  3. Greener73

Greener73 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    June 30 - July 23. Solo ride from Tellico to Moab using TAT tracks. Then using portions of other tracks (UTBDR, IDBDR, GCBAR, Silver State OHV, Utah & Idaho TAT) to get from Moab to the grand canyon before turning north and ultimately end up in Edmonton AB.

Using only Sam’s TAT tracks.
  4. tlxsess

tlxsess Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    As of right now, I'm planning to leave from augusta GA and start the tat near deals gap around the first of June (I'm flexible and still trying to learn locus lol) and go until something comes up or I reach the coast in Oregon. I'll be on an 07 GSA and camping the whole way (i'm also cheap). Solo, but definitely open to others.
  5. garthxt

garthxt n00b

Oddometer:
    I'll be doing the TPAT and then the TAT, starting roughly mid July.

Doing the TNE and part of the TCAT before.

2x british idiots on Yamaha XT600's. Not in a hurry.
    rkdwp likes this.
  6. rkdwp

rkdwp Axel Anderson

Oddometer:
    Plan to leave NYC August 20 to ride the TAT to Oregon & hoping to stop for 2-3 days around both Lake City, CO & Moab, UT to ride passes/trails/etc.

Riding solo on a 690 Enduro using a mix of Sam's & TAT Tracks maps & camping as much as possible. I'm open to joining for sections if it works out.
  7. bigdog1807

bigdog1807 Miles Craven

Oddometer:
    TAT solo June 4---Planning to catch the TAT near the AR/OK border on June 4 and ride to CO to see family. Message me if you care to share the trail for a couple of days.
  8. Teutates74

Teutates74 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Doing the TAT solo starting July 1st. Leaving from Tampa, Fl going up to NC to the start of the TAT.

Using Kevin's route on a Triumph Tiger 800 XCx.
  9. seckinjo

seckinjo Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Looking for riding partner(s) for TAT Southern California leg to Colorado last week in August
  10. cwcm

cwcm Adventurer

Oddometer:
    June 23-30, East Coast portion of the TAT if we can find more dirt than asphalt.
    Current Plan is to ride from VA to Tellico TN using Sam's TAT track.
    Trying to find out how much this portion of the TAT is pavement.
    Right now, four of us on Dual Sports...
  11. TurnerR

TurnerR Ride motorcycles, have fun

Oddometer:
    Heading to Folley Beach, SC Friday the 13th of July. July 14th - Aug. 10th is our timeframe. We will play around a day or two in Moab, but going coast to coast and flying back August 10th from Medford, OR. Doing our own thing until we hit Andrew's, NC and then following GPSkevins tracks from there. Just me and my Dad, and we can't wait! If you see us, say hi!! I'm riding Xr650L he is on Drz400S.
  12. txmxrider

txmxrider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hello Butch. Please add me to the list when you update again. Thanks!
    July 29-August 10. txmxrider and mxcrider, leaving from Trindad CO to Port Orford. Using gpsKevin's route and taking the red (difficult) trails when time allows. Both of us are on WR250R Yamahas. Looking forward to chatting with other riders along the way.
  13. SOLOKLR

SOLOKLR Back to work

Oddometer:
    Father and son leaving NC area around the 19th of June.
    2004 KLR 650 -dads
    2004 KLR 250 -son's

Lots of camping motels thrown in.
    Ride safe
  14. btabor

btabor Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Ill be leaving from Tellico Plains June 21st and hopefully arriving at Telluride 9 days later. I will meet my girlfriend in Denver July 1st and truck the bike home to Indianapolis.
    DR650
  15. The Goatsmith

The Goatsmith n00b

Oddometer:
    There's two of us leaving from Amarillo, TX on June 18th. We'll be riding west on Sam's new route as far as we can get by July 2nd, then truck the bikes back home. We hope to camp mostly, but we'll try to get a motel every few days.

2009 DR650
    2014 KLR650
  16. Madog

Madog Adventurer

Oddometer:
  17. Madog

Madog Adventurer

Oddometer:
    June 13 - Ready To Go. Way, way over the prep. Heading out from Maggie Valley NC with a destination of Mid Arkansas. Camping, motels and anything that comes along. Oh.....Polaris RZR 1000 with 550 miles is my choice of ride. Sam says it looks good and the rain hasn't caused any closures. It would be great to hook up with a likeminded crew. Haven't logged on in since my first post.. too much negativo. For Me...It's Time.
  18. wadethewanderer

wadethewanderer To infinity and beyond.

Oddometer:
    West of Wilmington, north of Myrtle Beach
    Change of plans (imagine that). I'll be leaving from Sunset Beach, NC on June 20th, to Andrews, NC and then, at the very least, to western
    Oklahoma . Camping for the most part, an occasional motel about every 3-4 days to remove the stench. Hope to meet some of you wanderers on the TAT.
    Walkerb likes this.
  19. Chrisaddition

Chrisaddition n00b

Oddometer:
    Curently riding the TAT. I left NYC June 2nd and rode the trail to Little Switzerland where I detoured to stay with family in Charlotte NC for the weekend. Planing to head out and get back on the trail this afternoon. Hoping to make it to Oregon. Pm me if anyone wants to ride for a bit. Im on a 06 KLR 650.
    Walkerb and wadethewanderer like this.
  20. VStromNC

VStromNC DNS/DNF

Oddometer: