TAT 2018 Roll Call

Discussion in 'Americas' started by ButchCoolidge, May 18, 2018.

1. VStromNC

VStromNC DNS/DNF

Oddometer:
    My TAT video. I know way too long. I am going to try trimming this weekend. You will find Warloop Road and Colorado Passes. I can't figure out why it doesn't start from the beginning.

Had a great time!

Later,

Jon
    rkdwp likes this.
  2. mikejana

mikejana Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sorry Wally, I missed this post. Sent you a PM.
    I've been on a missions trip in the Ukraine for a month, home to recover for a few days and back to Ukraine for about a week (I hope).
    As soon as I get home and recover we're on the way to the TAT. Unable to pin down a departure date or even direction right now. Shooting for Mid August..........
  3. adv_fl

adv_fl Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi Mike,
    I just got back from doing a reverse TAT starting from LA. Across the desert, Grand Canyon, up to Moab, over the passes in Colorado and finished in Boise City OK. I left the bike in Denver and flew home to Melbourne, plan to go back to retrieve it and finish soon. I've previously done the Eastern section from Cape Hatteras as far as Marvell AR.
    I'd be glad to chat if you'd like anytime, PM me your phone number if you'd like.
    Thanks,
    Wally

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
  4. flboy

flboy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi Wally. I am in Palm Bay, Fl. Planning June 2019 all the way across on my KTM690R. Would like to pick your brain some as time approaches.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
  5. adv_fl

adv_fl Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Sure, sounds good. If you'd like to PM me your number I'd be glad to chat. I'm not an expert but do have some lessons learned from my experiences. Still looking forward to retrieving the bike and finishing the remaining portion in OK and AR in the next couple of months hopefully.
    Wally
  6. TwoWheelSteel

TwoWheelSteel Adventurer

Oddometer:
    ~Aug 26th my dad and I will be riding Lima, MT section 6 of the CD. We will follow the CD to Sargents, CO section 12. From there we will take TAT section 31 to Green River, UT section 34.
    Would love to get some advice as this will be our first dual sport trip.
  7. hackmanship

hackmanship master of none

Oddometer:
    well, today might be the day. Traveling solo, leaving VT for the MABDR down to the TAT. I've got too much stuff on my DR650 but I can always mail stuff home as things shake out. I'm planning on camping on the cheap and hoping to take a few days along the way to explore and/or chill.
    rkdwp and UKJeeper like this.
  8. scout68

scout68 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Following along Hack. Many of us would give anything to be on the trail. Good riding, best regards, and send some updates/pics if you can.
  9. Hakatan

Hakatan quality > quantity

Oddometer:
    Leaving Salida, Colorado on August 16th for central Oregon. Solo on KLX250. Might mix in some BDR or Pony Express segments with the TAT west of Utah. Happy to ride with others for sections if schedules coincide.

Would love to hear any first hand accounts/feedback about Black Dragon Canyon, just west of Green River, UT.
    scout68 likes this.
  10. dcwilcox

dcwilcox Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If any of you guys who've recently ridding the TAT through Utah (Sam's or Kevin's tracks) and have a minute to talk about road conditions and/or potential trouble spots . . . please PM me, Thanks!

dcw
  11. wnm_82

wnm_82 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    If anyone is coming through Oklahoma in the next couple of days, wevew had a ton of rain. Any dirt east of 35 will likely be very muddy.
  12. loudmc

loudmc n00b

Oddometer:
    Headed out from DC area on
  13. loudmc

loudmc n00b

Oddometer:
    Headed out from DC area on 22 August. Plan is to take Skylkne Drive and BRP to Asheville area and then onto the TAT. Riding solo but open to riding with others that are willing to take it slow.
  14. mikejana

Oddometer:
    Getting it all together?
    Hoping to Leave Florida this weekend, SEAT to pick up the TAT to the Oregon Dunes. Me and 2 of my sons on WR250Rs. On the cheap as possible, stealth camping as much as we can.
    One son has a commitment the week of Sept 22, hoping to be beyond the Rockies for a 5-7 day hiatus.
  15. adv_fl

adv_fl Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Good luck guys, it was very nice to meet you, have a great trip! The bikes look awesome and well prepped, hope they keep looking that way. I'll be back in Denver to head east on September 21st, you should be long gone by then.
    Wally
  16. mikejana

Oddometer:
    Into the Rockies, any reports on the passes?
  17. Dakar Moto

Dakar Moto Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    mikejana likes this.
  18. mikejana

Oddometer:
    Thanks, left Florida over 2 weeks ago.
    Have only seen 2 other riders, we met Will and Chris in Mississippi and rode with them one day.
    Haven't seen anyone else.
  19. adv_fl

adv_fl Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Leaving Denver tomorrow, heading east to pickup up the TAT again at Boise City, OK, solo on CRF250L. Getting bike from storage in Denver, thanks Doug, tremendous help! Plan to do TAT 28 through 16 in the next week. Anyone else still on this section of the trail?
    Wally
  20. adv_fl

adv_fl Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Anyone? Heading east across OK from Liberal today, dryish and mighty quiet, seeing no riders.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk
    RoadDukie and mikejana like this.