TAT 2020 roll call

Discussion in 'Americas' started by PackinDirt, Dec 22, 2019.

1. MikedNC

MikedNC Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm heading out around the mid of August or so on a XT250 from NC if anyone is looking for company. Plan to camp and grab a hotel when needed.
    TCBronson likes this.
  2. TCBronson

TCBronson Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Very interested in your bike choice and would like to know how you set it up for the TAT. I did half the TAT on a DR650 and would like to go lighter.
    Maybe you could PM me with your set up?
    MikedNC likes this.
  3. MikedNC

MikedNC Adventurer

Oddometer:
    PM sent
  4. VStromNC

VStromNC DNS/DNF

Oddometer:
    Last minute scratch- Soliciting one more rider:

I was part of a 4 rider group planning to start the Western TAT with meetup in Trinidad, CO on 07/28 and planning to ride to Port Orford. Unfortunately one of the rider just backed out due to family illness. 2 KLR 650's, 1 KTM 690R.

We plan to hotel when available and camp when we are too far away from civilization. We will be using both KevinGPS and Sam's tracks.

PM me if any interest.

Thanks.

Jon
  5. Jsherman

Jsherman Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Friend and I leave on Monday from Florida to the back in NC. Finally time to start the journey!
    Two ktm 790 adventure R’s.

Attached Files:

BushPig6 and MikedNC like this.
  6. VStromNC

VStromNC DNS/DNF

Oddometer:
    QUOTE="VStromNC, post: 40409439, member: 63612"]Last minute scratch- Soliciting one more rider:

I was part of a 4 rider group planning to start the Western TAT with meetup in Trinidad, CO on 07/28 and planning to ride to Port Orford. Unfortunately one of the rider just backed out due to family illness. 2 KLR 650's, 1 KTM 690R.

We plan to hotel when available and camp when we are too far away from civilization. We will be using both KevinGPS and Sam's tracks.

PM me if any interest.

Thanks.

Jon[/QUOTE]

Our group is proposing to hit these mountain passes in Colorado but noticed that neither Kevin or Sam's tracks selected these tracks. I am asking other TAT riders if this is possible. What is the difficulty scale? I've done California, Cinnamon and Marshall back in 2018. Any advice or observation will be appreciated.

Mt. Pass Planned Tracks.JPG

Thanks.

Jon
    Glenn247 likes this.
  7. dwighop

dwighop Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Only the eastern 1/2 this year for me and the 2 riding partners. Planning to leave Virginia to somewhere Arkansas in mid-September.
  8. BushPig6

BushPig6 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    8C2B6737-8288-4EDC-ACC9-BC9F13EA9E5A.jpeg Oklahoma bound. Taking TAT off and on. On the road as we speak...
    CavReconSGT likes this.
  9. onestroke

onestroke Adventurer

Oddometer:
    On the TAT right now. Day 11 from Vermont in central TN starting to get desperate for a new set of tires for an XRL and a DR. Any help or advice greatly appreciated. PM me. Looking in the AR area but not too picky
  10. VARider67

VARider67 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Running the TAT solo. Starting south of Memphis on Sept 6th. I'll pick up the trail in Helena AR. I'll be doing both camping and hotels depending on where I am and whats available. I'll be on a 2019 Honda CRF450L and following GPS Kevins tracks but have Sam's as a backup, although they appear to be identical. I plan to be in Lake City Co by the 14th if not sooner. Wouldn't mind riding over the passes with someone.
  11. Jedi2Rider

Jedi2Rider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm very interested in late season conditions over the CO passes, as that will be my probable timing next year. When you do them, could you post the temperatures and general weather conditions? Thanks, and have fun!
  12. VARider67

Oddometer:
    Yes, I plan to keep a daily journal. I'll try to remember the temps. When I was in CO a few years ago it was in the middle of September and conditions were great. In the 70's at lower elevations from what I recall and at the peaks it would be 30's and 40's, but temps went back up fast as you descend. We did hit some snow on one pass, about 4-5" of fresh snow from the night before, but it was only about 1/2 mi of it. it was completely dry on the back side of the pass. Late September might be pushing it from what I have heard.
    Jedi2Rider likes this.
  13. dwighop

dwighop Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Will be curious to get the Hurricane Laura report from Arkansas.
  14. VARider67

Oddometer:
    Same here. has anyone been through Arkansas since Laura passed through?
  15. wnm_82

wnm_82 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    5 of us heading out tomorrow to finish up. Leaving Salt Lake City on Friday the 3rd and heading to Port Orford. 1 450L, 1 KTM 500, 1 DR650, and 2 XR650Ls.
  16. Mack4194

Mack4194 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Starting on sept 10 in Norfolk VA as it was the closest airport to the start of the TAT. Shipped my bike and gear via U-ship to a storage locker I rented. Going solo because my friends all suck lol. I’m sure I’ll hit lots of rain. I’d rather ride in rain than super hot and humid. If it gets too muddy I’ll turn around.

riding a heavily farkled WR250R.

any late starters wanna have a riding buddy I’m cool with that if you’re just a normal dude like myself.
    CavReconSGT and Glenn247 like this.
  17. spdtrpl

spdtrpl Red Coat MagnoliaTx

Oddometer:
    Heading out tomorrow from Texas (farkled wr250r) meet my buddy (farkled klr) from Indiana in Oklahoma then head west towards Port Orford
  18. rrumble

rrumble Adventurer

Oddometer:
    July 29th - August 16th (19 days) we rode from Trinidad, CO to Port Orford, OR round trip on two KLR's. 10 days riding West, day on the coast then 8 days back, all motels except for one night of camping in Bandon, OR. Did a few of the mountain passes in CO (California, Hurricane, and Engineer heading west) Once we got to Port Orford, headed south to see the Redwood Trees in Stout Memorial Grove, just outside Crescent City, CA. Mostly Kevin's - Sam's tracks West and Sam's tracks East through Idaho to American Falls. Headed back to Trinidad mostly on pavement from there through Moab. Feel free to PM me if anyone has questions. It was a fabulous ride!!!!!!
    PackinDirt likes this.
  19. VARider67

Oddometer:
    I’m in Bartlesville OK for the night. It’s raining now and looks like a good chance for rain the next two days between here and Liberal KS. I’ve heard stories of OK slick mud when it rains. Should I be concerned? It’s going to get a little chilly too.
  20. VARider67

Oddometer:
    Also, as far as Arkansas goes, I saw vey little damage from Laura. Only had one blocked road from a downed tree. A five minute backtrack/reroute and I was back on track. No concerns in Arkansas.