TAT Sept 2017 'Fly and Drive' on 250 Rally

Discussion in 'Americas' started by TreblesAllRound, Jul 25, 2017.

1. TreblesAllRound

TreblesAllRound Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    vegemanNZ likes this.
  2. Yinzer Moto

Yinzer Moto Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    It is a great resource when traveling. While it is mostly for a nice place to spend the night, many people offer their garages for work.

You may find a cheaper and nicer place to stay than the motel.
  3. Kgw

Kgw n00b

Oddometer:
    I have an address in florida, on the TAT now in trinidad colorado changing out rear tire, worn brand new one out on the gravel roads! We were lucky enough to start on the totality of the eclipse, hit the trail the next morning. Only prep I did for my 2013 crf250l is add a USB port and a comfortable seat, it has been flawless so far , airfilter is getting replacement today. We had dry roads ahead of the hurricane and 88 degree days , unseasonably cool , the rain about 2 days behind us. Words on the trail from those that live there are valuable, if a local farmer says go a different route because of the mud take his advice, they live here and have rescued , towed out and assist in hostpital trips , we have heard all the stories. You can reach me slowly at kgwservice@gmail.com and I'll give you a number or what's app to get faster info.
    Using Sams maps , this is worth every penny and if I meet the guy I'll tell him I'm in awe of the work he put into this, he keeps in touch with people on the trail, updates and we have not put a tire in the wrong direction. So far nothing to really test skills other then how to ride in loose gravel at 50mph but if we had rain it would have been messy. Small note keep an eye out for the spider migration as you cross new Mexico. Stop at the TAT stops, they are interesting helpful and part of a growing community.
    I grew up in Newcastle uk lived in new england for 33yrs now. Have a blast and soak it all in , trip of a lifetime.
    TreblesAllRound and vegemanNZ like this.
  4. Tewster2

Tewster2 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    :lurk
  5. TreblesAllRound

TreblesAllRound Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yinzer Moto likes this.