TAT through Tennessee Kevin or Sam

Discussion in 'Americas' started by Flyingmeatball, Jun 17, 2019.

1. Flyingmeatball

Flyingmeatball Adventurer

Oddometer:
    From what I see Kevin and Sam Have 2 different tracks in eastern Tennessee which should I take? I prefer the one with more dirt. Any input would be great.
  2. ExodusRider

ExodusRider ExodusRider

Oddometer:
    Depends on who you like better, Kevin or Sam? Lol
  3. Flyingmeatball

Oddometer:
    Hard to pass judgment I don't know either. I know there are lots of opinions just trying to get some information
  4. VStromNC

VStromNC DNS/DNF

Oddometer:
    I had both tracks loaded to my Zumo 590. I didn't run into any private land issues with Kevin GPS as others stated although I started from Andrews, NC and not from the beach. In certain areas, I felt Kevin was more accurate as my TAT buddy and I ended up taking an improper turn with Sam's in TN or MS and getting trapped in a fenced cow trails. We were luck to find our way out before dark and when we compared that to Kevin, Kevin was correct as his tracks went straight while Sam's turned off incorrectly.

Either way, until you get to Utah, I don't think you will notice much difference. Here's a comparison of two tracks that I did from Andrews, NC and again from Utah where Sam cuts North and Kevin continues westward.

Andrews, NC is the proper start for TAT since you can hit the good trails including Tellico Plains. The gray tracks are Sam's and Kevin has few different colors for easy, regular and hard.

Sam vs Kevin Rev B.JPG

Sam vs Kevin.JPG
  5. Flyingmeatball

Oddometer:
    I really appreciate your input I kind of thought they were basically the same just some different tracks. We are doing the first three sections backwards of the ma bdr and then picking up the tat in Damascus following it probably halfway through Tennessee and then heading north back to Ohio. We may decide to turn around somewhere near Nashville and then follow the other sections on the way back.