TAT- Toothless Learns to Fly

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Tenatra, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Tenatra

Tenatra Adventurer

Oddometer:

Chain had plenty of slack. Learned that lesson on a track with a GSXR 750. Lol. On a hard transition, chain was preventing full range of movement of swingarm. Chain was properly adjusted with plenty of slack even under compression. Thing was just junk.
  2. Tenatra

Tenatra Adventurer

Oddometer:
    It's been a rough year (now divorced), so I think I'm ready for round 2. This time I think I'll do something way less practical. But I've got some planning to do.

The 400 has been replaced with a 300 2 stroke (Her name is Katie Em). In the process of getting a street legal tag.

Current plans. Fender bag with tube and compressor, levers, etc. Backpack with 1 change of clothes and some watershoes. Hotels all the way. Super slow pace.
    Have a very very compact hammock with a bug net I'll bring to relax in if opportunities present themselves. Driving my truck straight past the flat lands and starting somewhere at the mountains. I'll have to figure out where to leave the truck.

Attached Files:

3. Tenatra

Tenatra Adventurer

Oddometer:
    My biggest issues, ones that deserves their own post.

Premix and spare gas to cover any wrong turns or long stretches. How to carry it? Could buy a bigger tank, but don't really want to on something I'll use once. May just try to plan ahead, take my time, and carry some temporary fuel bottles in my bag for the long stretches.

Jetting. Maybe run a bit rich at sea level to compensate for the higher altitudes to avoid re-jetting the whole trip. Or just set aside time to rejet constantly. Or buy an expensive Lectron carb?

I plan to start a new thread as things draw closer to time.
  4. Freaky Deacon

Freaky Deacon n00b

Oddometer:
    How about a dial a jet for the different altitudes.
  5. Tenatra

Tenatra Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'd never seen or heard of one of these before. This may be the ticket after I read up some more on them. Thanks.
  6. Tenatra

Tenatra Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Not a whole lot of info on them. Lots of mixed reviews. I think I'll pass. Not worth the risk. At least my carb is super easy to pull or get to.