TBR rip

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Mouse, Apr 12, 2018.

1. Mouse

Mouse I'm only smelly

Oddometer:
    sadly, there's report in inmates that tbr passed away recently while out on a ride in Tibet in company with his son.

I'm a tad confused it's actually tbr, inmate identifies him as tbr racing but there's no such inmate, I did not know tbr' real name or nationality but the fellow identified certainly lived in China and was German. I'm going to run with it being tbr though (but will be much delighted for him if I'm wrong)

It doesn't appear to be direct result of a fall or some such. Details are scant but he was found next to his bike which was on its side stand.

I didn't know tbr well as a person but he's been a regular contributor to both here and to racing, he certainly posted some very insightful info particularly on aspects of racing and of China and shared a love for our country. I also assume some of you may have met him in his rides here.

I will miss him.

My condolences to his family and friends.

(I appreciate this is possibly inmate material but figured if I didn't post here many of us may not realise. I therefore ask that at least in the short term this thread not be punted.)
    lentil, nry, wrya1 and 6 others like this.
  2. ferals5

ferals5 Grumpa

Oddometer:
    troy safari carpente and Mouse like this.
  3. poppy

poppy Slow and Steady

Oddometer:
    Wow, sad news indeed. Both Darren(winna) and i had the pleasure of meeting him in Nov last year. Was a really nice fella, with a larger than life personality. RIP Butch, our condolences to his family and many friends.
  4. Big Willy

Big Willy Gen. Italia

Oddometer:
    Very sad and a big shock. RIP

Strength to your wife and son
  5. Cuttlefish

Cuttlefish Riding to disappear.

Oddometer:
    Comes as a shock. Man, TBR had the best sorted bikes and sure looked to be living the dream. Sad to hear of his passing and bummed his son had to find his dad that way.
  6. troy safari carpente

troy safari carpente Team f5oolery

Oddometer:
    It now seems that - unfortunately - our inmate friend Butch's identity is confirmed as being that of TBR (a.k.a. TB-RACING).

Mouse brought this sad news to my attention the other day - TBR/Butch was very active in recent years on the RACING forum boards re- DAKAR and the cross country rally scene... He was also quite interested in E-moto's/e-bikes; had a many articulate/interesting posts on the growing electric motorcycle scene... As well as frequent contributions here on the Oz forum; with great clourfull, interactive posts about his KTM bike passion for EXC 500/450 model's etc. and some fantastic insight's into the offroad riding lifestyle and emerging motorcycle industry that he enjoyed in his adopted home of the People's Republic of China.

Butch had a soft spot for Australia (he had visited/rode here on previous occassions); made obvious by the way he interacted and felt "at home" here in the Ozsylum... and that says as much about this place/you blokes - as it does about Butch himself.

I have never had the pleasure of meeting the gentleman (we have in the past exchanged a number of interesting discussions - both out front in the DAKAR threads and via PM's between ourselves)... but the impression that I had of Butch, very much echo's that which Poppy and Winna encountered... an enigmatic and friendly guy - living life to it's potential and happy to share his interest for it... with other likeminded individuals.

[​IMG]

Sincere condolences to Butch's wife - Wendy and their son Tyler...

[​IMG]

Ride on TBR, thank you for all your contributions on ADVRider over the years. I imagine that it's only a short ride from Tibet to eternity... but I bet the view is awesome...
  7. nevgriff64

nevgriff64 .

Oddometer:
    RIP, Butch. :(
    BygDaddee likes this.
  8. DRjoe

DRjoe Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ah shit, he was one of the goods ones.
    Big Willy and BygDaddee like this.
  9. AUSSIEADV

AUSSIEADV 2wo left foots

Oddometer:
    Such a shock to hear this.

He did contribute plenty to threads of the likes of the 500EXC adventure with his experiences and awesome photos to which I’ll miss and to my 570 High country thread.

Rest In Peace, condolences to family and friends.
    BygDaddee likes this.
  10. Kiwirich

Kiwirich Super Moderator Super Moderator Supporter

Oddometer:
    RIP TBR

Kiwirich
  11. WILL_S

WILL_S OUTLAW POSTIE 001

Oddometer:
    Geez
    Knew of Butch from the old monkey garage forums ,he used to cop a bit but always had nice monkey builds and knew his his stuff .
    RIP
    Mouse likes this.
  12. Pezz_gs

Pezz_gs Cant ride for crap

Oddometer:
    Godspeed Butch

Condolences to his family and friends
  13. prince666

prince666 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Very sad and great loss to all.
    Not many people did have the pleasure of meeting Butch, most likely to the fact "No one" knows what he looked like?

He must have been a very personal type of person because in viewing 1000s of his great detailed pictures did he ever show his face?

My Condolences to his family and friends.

RIP
    AUSSIEADV likes this.
  14. The Bigfella

The Bigfella Big Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Damn. Just caught up with this over on Ride Asia, where he used to also post.

RIP Butch
  15. lentil

lentil King of the Dad Joke and Senior Status Legume Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Rip Butch
  16. bigbrad

bigbrad Long timer

Oddometer:
    Such a shame as was a great contributor to many discussions.

Rip Butch