Team Hippo Hands on tour in SoCal

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Hippo Hands LLC, Sep 22, 2020.

?

250 mile days, mixed riding 10%dirt roads-90% tarmac, if you had to choose..

1. KTM 1190 Adventure

50.0%
  2. Triumph Scrambler 1200

50.0%
  1. Hippo Hands LLC

Hippo Hands LLC The Original Motorcycle Hand Covers

Oddometer:
    Oregon is on fire... so we headed to Southern California to get out of the smoke....turns out the entire west coast was on fire...we had fun anyways.
    I actually love doing trips on borrowed bikes...especially when it's an amazing machine like this KTM 1190 Adventure. When you spend several days on a bike you truly get to know the bike. To me the 1190 ADV feels like a giant dirt bike, and I loved it.
    SoCal3IMG_6448.jpg
    Lake Cachuma, CA
    SoCal1IMG_8442.jpg
    Solvang, CA. This entire town is Danish themed... literally the entire town...and, yes, I did eat a Danish (the delicious baked goods)
  2. MongoLikeCandy

MongoLikeCandy It Never Gets Easier, You Just Go Faster

Oddometer:
    don't come here (LA) we are on fire, again.

3 weeks ago #ItalianMistressNo1 (wife) and i headed north to oregon fleeing fires as well (Not really because we usually go to Spain and Italy for the month of September October, but due to the administrations covid mismanagement here in the US they're not letting us in their countries at the moment) .... so the fires chased us all thru, up and out of california, into Oregon, Idaho, ect....no getting away this year...but don't worry cuz “it’ll start getting cooler, just watch" (in California)

snapped this beauty from the REI parking lot yesterday afternoon as we were getting some last minute travel items for our daughter who is moving to Croatia for 4 months.....

here's your daily does of CaliFire...enjoy
    20200921_134915.jpg
    Hippo Hands LLC likes this.
  3. MongoLikeCandy

MongoLikeCandy It Never Gets Easier, You Just Go Faster

Oddometer:
    Hippo Hands LLC and ConcreteDr like this.
  4. WADE-O

WADE-O Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'd say go all the way down to the San Diego area and you should be out of the fire smoke for the most part. Some of the best pavement and so good dirt too if you want it. The Desert out near Borrego Springs area is still pretty hot during the day but you could ride out there in the morning and evening it wouldn't be too bad. You guys looking to camp or hotel?
    Hippo Hands LLC likes this.