Team Kapriony 7.9 FRUSTA BEWARE FOR YOUR BANK ACCOUNT!!!

Discussion in 'Parallel World (790/890)' started by guglemonster, Oct 28, 2019.

1. guglemonster

guglemonster Crivens!!! Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm a bit lost here, are we talking about stuntman Chris? race or rides? will his machine have to do a whole rally counting on a single engine/frame/parts?

again, no offence, Chris could ride a BMW RT 1200 LC and make it jump the K2, I bet he would not have to pay for the destroyed clutch neither ;)

cheers
    lithodave likes this.
  2. ramirin

ramirin Ready to push

Oddometer:
    Does Birch actually race? Or just lead groups of hobbyists in Ktm 'Rallies' .. He has awesome skills on big bikes but I haven't seen any big rally wins on public. I suppose he can't convert his bike into rally-weapon as he and Adam makes us gumbies feel it's about getting the latest bike and we all can do 12 o'clock wheelies over logs on stock bike.
    guglemonster likes this.
  3. chippertheripper

chippertheripper motorcycle junkie Supporter

Oddometer:
    for sure he still races some stuffs.
    guglemonster and bobnoxious67 like this.
  4. bobnoxious67

bobnoxious67 Baby steps...

Oddometer:
    Pretty sure entering and placing respectably in rally’s counts as "racing"...but it probably goes against some narratives, so :dunno
    comradecasey likes this.
  5. guglemonster

Oddometer:
    sorry, I really must have trouble with English

let me recap why all these mods on this bike

The whole concept behind the bike is to make it ready to make a full desert rally, fes fes, hard rocks, dunes, navigation, jumps, survive every mance and winn as many as possible

it was never intended to do locall rallies, small races, enduro std competiotions, off road, or even adv touring ;)

we, well I have just a small part here, Kapriony Team has a lot of experience preparing their own bikes, and in this bike they simply made a ling list of mods

1. clutch, it's not lubricated enough, they alredy changed the jet with good results but no enough (new 890 engine has a totally new oil circuit, head and cluth lubricating system if I recall it right), too much overheating, too much wear, even dust at the end of a hard day at the cross pit, also the adoption of an anti hopping clutch derives from the tendency of the bike to "dig in" while descending dunes, you close the gass and the rear anchores you down making the fron wheel dig deep and you end up doing a front flip...... no good ;) the new clutch allows a less drag at the rear wheel, the more free movement allows the pilot to make the down hill still in command of the bike, plus the new clutch is stronger than the OEM one ;)
    2. suspesion, front geometry was totally reworked, new bushes to "flip" the inclination, new triple clamps (also new inclination) for the totally new forks, not original reworked, they have been transplanted from the Elvira/Zaira 950 Rally bike they have been racing in the past
    3. rear suspension, the shock mounting would be a real mess to change, fortunately the AirTender did make a huge change, now they are leaving on the 26th for Mauritania where they will experiment and check all new evolutions specially developed for off road and such races
    4. rims, with the help of Bartubless, they will experiment a new hub/rim system, the rim will be sealed with a special compound and at the same time they will use mousse so to have the least heating at high speed/hard terrain and the flat-free peace of mind of the muss, tyre will be inflated with the Bartubless system and tyre will be than mounted with the mousse
    5. TB will be mechanical, cable operated, new diameters for improved torque against top power, new CPU with differente custom maps, power reduced by up to 30% to avoid digging and rear tyre stress for longer full traction/integrity
    6. as you will see in the attached video, to help both head and clutch, the heat exchanger (water/oil) will be redisigned, the bike overheats, in Mauritania for example, they broke one piston due to overheating on the 950 (already with improved cooling but with maybe too many km on the clock) and they don't want it to happen again. on the cross pit, once the fans kick in, they stay on untill you switch off the bike, this engine is way too hot for a desert full gass race, the new system will separate oil from water, keeping down water temperature (temp differential can go around 30 or plus deg. ) and allowing oil it's separete cooling circuit, more weight, that is for sure, but sometimes you have to have some compromises
    7. after my last message, we decided to give the twin pump a different allocation, it will sit in a separate tank where the original CAT was sitting, very little petrol indeed, but this will allow a separate petrol managment just from the "console" rather than from the taps at the back of the bike, Paolo feel better this way ;) and he's the bos ;)
    dang, I thought I could attach a video too, will do from youtube

cheers
    TrailTrauma and SoilSampleDave like this.
  6. guglemonster

Oddometer:
    Chriss is a great pilot, as far as I know he "races" the KTM bike in small enduro competitions, I totally agree with you that this is racing, only, this is a long desert rally bike, and should he ever take part of such a competition, he would do it with a 450 RFR(also here I have soooooo much to talk about hahaha) not with a stock 790 ;).

cheers
  7. bobnoxious67

Oddometer:

I disagree, and use Chris Birch and his numerous rally entires and respectable finishes as examples of my opinion (there are other people also)…there are some races/rallies he has entered where he was in a sea of small/light weight race bikes. He did Hellas and KTM Ultimate on stock suspension even...

Just sayin, your comment is incorrect and strictly your own opinion based on a very specialized and narrow focused form of racing.
  8. guglemonster

Oddometer:
    so I rally do speak bad English.....

like I already posted since the beginning........... only Desert here ;) EXTREMELY NARROWED form of riding/race

again, Chriss can ride a Gold Wing in the Taklamakan Desert, we are simple human beings ;)

as for the rest of the technical aspects of the bike, I presume that also it is perfect as it is ;) we have other experience and also feedbacks from normal users, but like they alwasy say, only people shouting a compliat are heard in the silence of the happy crowd ;) just for a laugh ;)

happy week-end ;)
  9. bobnoxious67

Oddometer:
    So then your statement should have said "...in my opinion, if you are racing an extremely long and narrowly focused desert race with a 790, this is the only way to go..." :deal
  10. kzeb

kzeb Been here quite some time

Oddometer:
    :fpalm
    ramirin and SoilSampleDave like this.
  11. Noyah

Noyah poser

Oddometer:
    Chris with full factory backing has raced a few rally’s for sure. Pretty stupid example though.

Not sure why some people showing their true colors in this thread, ignore list growing rapidly.
  12. bobnoxious67

Oddometer:
    So many thin skins :jack

Talking about “...if you really want to race...”, get told that examples of racing are stupid and invalid :photog
  13. bobnoxious67

Oddometer:
    If your ignore list is that large and growing that rapidly, may I suggest a mirror :deal
  14. SoilSampleDave

SoilSampleDave Dr. Zaius was right!

Oddometer:
    Or maybe we could all nitpick a little less and enjoy all the options we have.
    kzeb likes this.
  15. bobnoxious67

Oddometer:
    Hey man, I love all the options...but sometimes the sensationalism is a bit overbearing :puke2

I’m allowed to be underwhelmed with the whole “...the ONLY way to go...” part, aren’t I? Am I making personal attacks or otherwise putting the person or team or company down? No, I’m not.
  16. windblown101

windblown101 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Mods are always interesting to see. I accept the over the top vibe as a personality thing. He's entitled to his opinions. Guglemonster always comes off that way.

My bank account is safe enough at the moment. I have no plans to enter the Dakar. ;)
    kzeb, braaap! and SoilSampleDave like this.
  17. SoilSampleDave

Oddometer:
    The way I look at it is, why not just let them be? We could all comment on literally any post here. Unless they show up at my house with a club and tell me I have to buy into their vision of a 790, why do I have to tell them I don’t like how they roll?
    lithodave and AdvRonski like this.
  18. Salzig

Salzig Long timer

Oddometer:
    Nickname says it all... :D
  19. SoilSampleDave

Oddometer:
    Just going to drop this here.

0D6C2B23-7A71-4F65-99BF-59AF497EAE93.png
  20. Salzig

Salzig Long timer