Team Magoo Baja Ride - Part Deaux

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by AteamNM, Feb 26, 2015.

1. AteamNM

AteamNM Wonna Be ADVrider

Oddometer:
    Epilogue.

Baja was to me like a blind date. The first trip I had a few things in my mind that I wanted to do. The expectations and excitement was insane. Of course we did them all plus more. The first date was unknown, exotic, wild, extreme, beautiful. Well I was in love. The first date was 24/7 exciting, it was a whirlwind romance and fleeting but so much fun.

The second date after a long absence was different yet more intimate. The romance was there, stronger than ever. But it was also more subtle, more revealing and also more exotic. I had forgotten the smells, the language, the jesters of communication, the taste! But I was reminded of several things; absence does make the heart stronger and the sites of Baja reveal new splendor, new vistas and familiarity of the feel is reminded. I became a demented fan of riding deep sand, relishing speed in the lake beds and the beach riding remained surreal. The salty air and the epic and roaring waves on the pacific side balanced by the mellow and soft Cortez side. I was reminded even in a greater degree of friendship, of sharing these magic moments. Being a part of a team. I relish these moments, I save away the j Peg memory files and dream of the next ride in Mexico. The trip was another Baja romance.

Thank you each and every Team Magoo member. You all are part of the blend, those special ingredients that are a haphazard recipe stirred together for 7 days, the blissful taste of the magic Baja Cocktail.

Viva La Team Magoo and Via Con Dios.

Ateam

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/tF97Wzujjso" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>
    knight likes this.
  2. Ladybug

Ladybug Bug Sister Supporter

Oddometer:
    Spokane Valley, WA (the dry side of the mountains)
    Terrific report. Thanks everyone for sharing your adventure. I'll be looking forward to your next one. :clap
  3. AteamNM

Oddometer:
    Lady Bug, you didn't think I forgot about you? Bruce took a few flower photos just for you.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:norton
  4. advrockrider

advrockrider Long timer

Oddometer:
    The first flower picture looks like the hills on the way into the Bay of L.A.? Thanks for posting I didn't get a pic and was trying to discribe it to my wife. Now I don't have to.
  5. AteamNM

Oddometer:
    Yes, that would have been on Wednesday, your correct. You win a Magoo decal. :deal

Captain Magoo will oblige me thinks.
  6. Ladybug

Ladybug Bug Sister Supporter

Oddometer:
    Spokane Valley, WA (the dry side of the mountains)
    Desert flowers, Awesome!! I bet seeing the hills side covered in purple on the way to Bay of LA was spectacular. It looks like it was in the photo.

Thanks for taking the flower pictures Bruce. ATeamNM thanks for posting them.
  7. ktmnate

ktmnate Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for all the work. You even had Motochick laughing. She was laughing at me because I was reading your ride report with a big grin on my face. I sure do love Baja. She understands that I have issues and she puts up with me anyway.

Nate
  8. NMTrailboss

NMTrailboss Team Dead End

Oddometer:
    Nice finish and interviews Tony!! :thumb
  9. Big Sprocket

Big Sprocket Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Big Sprocket would like to thank the following:

- The inventor of toilet paper.

- The invention of the "Magic Button".

- My Sponsors Sol and Pacifico.

- My nine other teammates who trusted me to guide them to the Cantina after each day.

Great job everyone! No flats, no injuries, lots of laughs!!
  10. mto

mto n00b

Oddometer:
    chopo here
    motorcycles sand and beer (very little beer) work for me and I finally figured out how to make the computer work as well.
    Baja is like a disease that you try to infect your friends with, the more you get the more you want. I had an awesome time with 9 friends and relish the opportunity of riding in Baja. Can't wait till the next trip. Thanks to all for making it happen and here is to all of Team Magoo
  11. Big Sprocket

Big Sprocket Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Here's to you Bruce!!! One of the most talented riders I have ever rode with...and, the most unselfish rider I have ever rode with. Thank you Bruce !!!
  12. NMTrailboss

Oddometer:
    First post quoted for posterity! Totally awesome to see you on ADV and join us in this report Bruce!! :eek1
    We are full now...all ten riders of this team have participated on the report! :thumb

Absolutely the most solid sweep rider I've ever ridden with...so glad you were with us on this trip and hopefully many more!! :clap
  13. tilliejacques

tilliejacques gnarly girl

Oddometer:
    Yay, MTO Chopo's here! :clap

er, I'm glad I could "help" :shog MTO maintain condition by providing so many opportunities for dead lift reps :gdog of my Husky :lol3. MTO, I wouldn't have been able to finish the trip without you. :bow Or, I would've taken even longer every day had I had to pick up my own bike! :knary
  14. NMTrailboss

Oddometer:
    Don't sell yourself short Laurie...you rode outstanding!! :clap
  15. AteamNM

Oddometer:

Well cut off my d____ and call me shorty! This report is now complete. Just like Chopo to be the last one to come riding in. A perfect sweep.

We all love you Bruce - Thank You

:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

^^^^
    9 Magoo Riders
  16. Sledred

Sledred Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Great report everyone!!! Thanks for sharing the pictures, the ride and the fun! And what was that?!? NO FLATS and NO Injuries - it just doesn't get any better...
  17. JettPilot

JettPilot ADV Rider

Oddometer:
    [/QUOTE]

This can ABSOLUTELY be caused by bad gas. Some road side vendors mix Kerosene, then water in the gas to get more volume, so that they have more to sell. The result is detonation and will destroy an engine quick. SinLuz gave REAL BAD advice saying that roadside vendors sell the same thing as PEMEX. There are lots of them, honest ones, dishonest ones, and they don't get many quality inspections. Your just taking your chances when buying from people like that.

Mike
  18. Big Sprocket

Big Sprocket Adventurer

Oddometer:
    This can ABSOLUTELY be caused by bad gas. Some road side vendors mix Kerosene, then water in the gas to get more volume, so that they have more to sell. The result is detonation and will destroy an engine quick. SinLuz gave REAL BAD advice saying that roadside vendors sell the same thing as PEMEX. There are lots of them, honest ones, dishonest ones, and they don't get many quality inspections. Your just taking your chances when buying from people like that.

Mike[/QUOTE]

Unless you have a chase truck or a ten gallon tank, and who would want to ride anything off-road with that much fuel, I guess that you will never see Catavina and several other remote trails and places in Baja. Been riding there since 1999, easily 20,000 miles plus, never had any problems regarding barrel gas. However, my riding partners have suffered from my bad gas. Just sayin'.
  19. SinLuz

SinLuz Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yeah...quality inspections...that's what they need. I'll call the roadside vendor quality inspectors first thing tomorrow and have them do a report on each roadside vendor and have them send a full report to you next time you go to Mexico to go riding. All I know is that I didn't have a problem on my "conventional stock" motor in Baja and never ever had a problem from roadside vendors back when I travelled mainland Mexico by car for years....hell....that was back when they still sold the leaded NOVA.
  20. NMTrailboss

Oddometer:
    Yeah, that was Blakebird's engine, and I won't deny that poor quality fuel could cause problems, but I think this failure involved more than just tampered with roadside gas. I don't have near the miles Sprocket does in Baja, but he is right that unless you have huge fuel range down there, you have no choice but to buy roadside fuel from time to time. It has so far not given me any problems at all. The locals are using that gas as well and I don't think they would be in business for long if they were screwing their neighbors by selling them shit fuel.