Team Magoo Baja Ride - Part Deaux

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by AteamNM, Feb 26, 2015.

1. AteamNM

AteamNM Wonna Be ADVrider

Oddometer:
    Well Baja would be complete with you along to document while railing your trials bike XR650 Chris.

As BelleRinger Ray says, QTL. Quality Time Left. We have less sand in the hour glass top as in the bottom. Do it my brother.

:deal
  2. Skratchy

Skratchy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    So..... When are tryouts for Team Magoo Baja 2016? Please please please!
  3. NMTrailboss

NMTrailboss Team Dead End

Oddometer:
    :hmmmmm Hmmmmm... tryouts! That would be a good idea! We'll have to work on that! :deal
  4. AteamNM

Oddometer:
  5. grizzzly

grizzzly The Pre-Banned Version

Oddometer:
  6. AteamNM

Oddometer:
    I'm bumping this epic ride report for you Baja fans and dreamers alike. Very likely heading back to the peninsula in @ 1 month with a few friends, the original riders of Team Magoo. Unfortunately, this trip is to repeat the beach visit in San Francisquito to spread ashes again. With a very heavy heart, our noble team captain Chris (Magoo) Corcorcan passed away last year. Chris died in his sleep at home. I am soon to receive some of Magoo's ashes to scatter into the Sea of Cortez, to repeat the ceremony we had in 2013 for his friend David Garrett. I know that Chris will be there with us, and his friend David will be there to meet him in the spirit of Baja, ashes of a great man mixing into the azure blue water. His family has no idea the love Chris had for Baja, his influence, our team banker and Spanish interpreter. Damnit, Chris was a good dude... :beer

I'm blessed that Chris invited me to join Team Magoo. He set the hook and my love affair with this exotic land of Mexico is now a part of me. RIP Magoo, you are missed and we all thank you for your brotherhood.

If we manage to make another trip next month, you can bet your moto boots there will be another ride report. :deal

"I'm just glad to be here, proud to be a part of the team and willing to contribute in any way I can".
    AteamNM

upload_2020-1-14_10-58-44.jpeg

Chris "Magoo" Corcorcan
    1961 - 2019
    K1DUDE, atomizer and NMTrailboss like this.
  7. belleringer

belleringer standing on the pegs

Oddometer:
    dallas, but a long suffering dolphins fan
    well stated A Team ... RIP Chris ..
    NMTrailboss and AteamNM like this.
  8. Big Sprocket

Big Sprocket Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Magoo rode in Baja with deep sand and gnarly single track and never questioned a bit of it. He never turned his back on his fellow riders. I rode and drank Cerveza with him...I got no complaints! RIP Brother!
    NMTrailboss and AteamNM like this.