1. ADVRIDER Print Magazine!
    We're doing two more print magazines year. July & November. 144 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase both for $35.
    Dismiss Notice

Teiz Lombard 1-pc suit

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by gbw, Feb 8, 2012.

1. gbw

gbw hillbily whisperer

Oddometer:
    Some friends and I just got back from a four day weekend in Terlingua TX riding dual sport bikes around Big Bend National Park. I don't have any dedicated dirt gear so I just took my Teiz 1-pc Lombard riding suit. The suit performed so well that I decided I needed to write a quick review.

Mine is the v3 Lombard (vented suit). I also own a Mojave (mesh suit) but the weather promised to be cool so I took the Lombard. Both suits have proven comfortable and protective in street riding but this was my first trip in the dirt and the suit performed flawlessly.

The weather in Southwest TX was unseasonably cold over the weekend. Mostly in the upper 30s to upper 40s. Each morning and afternoon we had to endure between 20 and 50 miles of highway to get back and forth from the park. I was glad I had the Lombard's removable liner on the first day. Once we got into the dirt and started working hard I didn't need the liner so removed it and stuffed in my backpack.

It was great to be able to open and close the many vents in the suit depending on the temperature and wind. I stayed very comfortable all day. And just like on the street, once I was on the bike, the suit just kinda disappears from my mind. I never even notice I'm wearing it. But, the three times I crashed I was VERY glad I had the suit!!!

The suit fit over my motocross boots without much fuss. I did have to remove the suit's shin guards to wear the boots, but that was very quick and easy to do. And since the motocross boots have a lot of shin protection I figured I would be ok, and sure enough never had a problem.

I had three pretty good get-offs, one going pretty fast, and the suit held up great. No damage at all that I can find. Of course now its pretty dirty so it will get a bath for the first time ever.

Here are a few pics:
    This is my friend Kurtis who also went on the trip and also owns a Lombard and a Mojave.
    [​IMG]

Kurtis and me at a crossroads in the park. I'm the not-skinny one.
    [​IMG]

Getting ready for the hard stuff. The Lombard performed well regardless of the terrain.
    [​IMG]

I've recommend Teiz 1-pc suits to many friends, acquaintances, and colleagues, and several have purchased them. Everyone I know that has purchased a suit loves it.

One last note: Teiz customer support is great. Think of how you would like the customer support for anything you buy to be: talk to a person about your problem, have your problem resolved quickly, be treated with respect, etc, etc...Teiz support is all that in spades. They are a pleasure to work with both pre-sale and post-sale.

This is the first review I've written for ADVrider. Hope someone finds it useful.
  2. kurtisminder

kurtisminder n00b

Oddometer:
    I wore the V4 version of the Lombard on the trip. I had a V1 and upgraded recently. I love the improvements on the V4 and the new liner system.

I also had a couple of tumbles in the suit, with no tears or noticeable wear.

Solid suits, solid support, solid company.
  3. internalcombust

internalcombust What a blast!

Oddometer:
    How do these suits stack up in the wet weather? I have been looking for a reasonably priced waterproof one piece and I haven't had very good luck.
  4. gbw

gbw hillbily whisperer

Oddometer:
    My v3 was advertised as water-resistant and I would agree that is a good description.

Sometimes I stay bone dry in pouring rain and sometimes I get wet. Must have to do with getting the vents and zippers and neck closure and everything buttoned up just right.

If it really starts to rain, or I'm going to be out in it for a while, I put on a rain suit.
  5. kitesurfer

kitesurfer Long timer

Oddometer:
    i've got that exact suit. the only problem is i never have the opportunity to wear it. it does everything it's designed to do as advertised and the one time in the rain, i stayed dry. i bought it for riding my suzuki but with the goldwiing, it's just not needed. i've only worn it a dozen time probably. i'll sell it .. $250, size xl
    EDIT
    i probably should list it in the for sale section insttead of mentioning here, but i really don't care if it sells or not because i do like the suit! but there is absolutely no airflow on my goldwing and this suit is designed to keep you cool in the heat, except you've got to have air flow. the few times i ride in the winter i would wear this suit but unfortunately i don't ride in florida. i save my miles for those 2-4k mile trips.