Teiz Motorsports One Piece Riding Suits - Official Thread

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by TheNedster, Feb 14, 2009.

1. teizms

teizms Long timer

Oddometer:
    folks,
    i know about the "Add to cart" issues on the site. just bear a bit longer, we are about to launch a new site. till then, email or call for all orders.

Thanks
  2. teizms

teizms Long timer

Oddometer:
    This gentlemen(and ladies).. is how a custom suit is supposed to fit

Customer Feedback:
    received my custom (size and color)Teiz Air Shell riding suit and am quite happy with it.
    Today was a rare winter day in Oregon. The sun was out and the temp was 60 - 70 degrees. We took a 6 hour ride to the coast and the suit was perfect. I like the ideal of layering for warmth and rain protection. The air suit is set for protection and warm riding days. If its cold or wet, you layer up for the conditions. I started with a wind breaker over the suit in the morning and by noon it was peeled off and I was cruising along comfortably.

There are a number of details that I really like about the suit.
    • The super fabric skid pads on the shoulders, elbows and knees
    • The large retro reflective strips
    • The right pockets in the right places. Not so many that the air flow is impeded
    • The fit is spot on
    The custom color picker on the web site is accurate and gives a perfect preview of what the finished suit will look like
    I highly recommend this suit.
    Wes

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  3. BaronVonDarrin

BaronVonDarrin Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Philadelphia, and at times Western Maryland
    i saw an option for a light-brown black on the color options for the Lombard, but the little interactive color option thing does not list this colorway nor can I find pics of it. Is this still an option? Does anyone have a light-brown suit here?
  4. teizms

teizms Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hi,
    We have retired the light brown color option.
    Thanks
  5. JagLite

JagLite Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Tough decision and I would like rider comments...

I have wanted to get a Lombard suit for at least 3 years now but just can't justify the expense.
    Of course I wish I had bought one then. :cry
    How come prices for everything go up, but my wages don't? :huh

Now I am almost ready to order a Lombard ($550 now :eek1:cry) but comparing the Power Shell ($800) it sure looks worth the extra money.
    (Not that I can afford either of course)

So, before I commit to the Lombard I would like input from those wearing one or the other, or both so I don't have regrets down the road.

I am pretty sure this will be my last major purchase for riding gear since I am getting older, slower, and hurt easier so I can see an end to my riding days in tooooooooooooo few years.
    And when our riding season is really only 3 months long...

I do have other very good riding gear, just not a convenient one piece suit.

So, what say you :ear
    Stick with the Lombard or stop eating and drinking for a couple months and splurge for the Power Shell?

(Yes, I have looked for a used 'Stitch but never found one my size and shape (6'-4" 175 Lbs))
  6. JagLite

Oddometer:
    Any thoughts?
  7. gbw

gbw hillbily whisperer

Oddometer:
    I have 3 Teiz suits. 2 Lombards and 1 Mojave. I also have other assorted jackets and pants. But when its time to ride I always opt for one of my Teiz suits. Good protection and I don't worry about having a jacket ride up, exposing unprotected flesh, should I have a get-off. I've owned them for several years and they've held up well. I don't even notice them while I'm riding, and when I stop it only takes a few seconds to shed them. That and Teiz's customer service is some of the best I've experienced in any industry.

I don't know anything about powershell and I only know about Roadcrafter through reputation. I hear the Roadcrafter will last forever and its made in the USA but you pay a lot for that. If I had unlimited funds I'd have a Roadcrafter. On a budget I'd get another Teiz. For me those are the only two choices.
  8. JagLite

Oddometer:
    Thanks for your input!

It does raise the question of why two Lombard suits?

I am very torn between the Lombard and Power Shell.
    I am sure they are both excellent, but so few owners have posted anything about their suits.
    I have searched online for reviews and comments but so far haven't found much, and little that is recent.

This is a major amount of money for me so it is a big deal that I don't want to make a mistake and get the wrong suit or the wrong color.
    I sure appreciate the owner pictures because the colors I thought I wanted don't look as nice as I had thought they would.
    tinkertailordesign likes this.
  9. gbw

gbw hillbily whisperer

Oddometer:
    I bought the hi-viz yellow Lombard. Wore it for a while and had a low-speed low-side. Tore up the fabric over the left shin pad.

Teiz was going to have me send it in for repair but then I mentioned some of the zippers were broken (this is before they upgraded the zippers). Instead of having it repaired they offered to replace the suit for the cost of shipping!!!! How's THAT for customer service??? I thought it was awesome!

So I still wear the original suit sometime when off-road riding. Wear the replacement on the street.

Go to Teiz's Facebook page. TONS of pics. Including several of me in both suits :)
  10. Deans BMW

Deans BMW Granpa Hoon

Oddometer:
    My wife and I each have a Lombard, I also have a two piece Navigator, all are excellent gear, highly recommended.
  11. JagLite

Oddometer:
    Thanks!
    I bit the bullet and placed my order last night for a Power Shell Stealth.
    I have no doubt I will be glad I did once I get over paying for it. :eek1
    I can't afford custom colors or the thermal liner.

I think most people (at least in the US) earn a lot more money than I do.
    And/or their wives work jobs that actually pay. :evil
    My wife works all the time at home but nobody gives her a paycheck. :cry

I really like being able to see the various color suits on real people.
    It helped me to decide and to not make a mistake.
    I had thought I wanted a certain highly visible color scheme but seeing similar suits in photographs showed me it wasn't what I wanted.

I had hoped for Black, Dark Grey, Light Grey, but I think the Stealth is closest to what I want.
    Ghazi sent me a couple pictures of a Stealth and that helped a lot.

I already have a bright orange safety vest that I wear.

Facebook is not my friend. :puke1
    My wife signed me up a couple years ago and soon all my friends started getting emails supposedly from me for "enhancements" so I deactivated it.
  12. BaronVonDarrin

BaronVonDarrin Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Philadelphia, and at times Western Maryland
    Agreed. Especially on this board. But don't ever bring that up. Berating people about how much they make is only ever tolerated in one direction on advrider: down.
  13. teizms

teizms Long timer

Oddometer:
    Site will be down over the weekend for update to latest version
  14. teizms

teizms Long timer

Oddometer:
    New site is up. Makes it much easier to design your own color schemes and enter custom measurements! Let us know your feedback.
  15. JagLite

Oddometer:
    A great day yesterday when the box arrived with my new suit in it :clap
    Very exciting!

I slipped it on (very easy) and checked out all the features.

Then I just had to go for a ride of course :D

First impressions:

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
    (I can't afford the thermal liner and without it the suit is chilly)
    Of course it was around 40 F with no sunshine and I was wearing jeans and tee shirt instead of warm clothes.
    That tells me that it will be more comfortable when it is hot.

My usual riding gear has thermal liners in them so they are warmer but are much more difficult to get into.

I hope I can buy the thermal liner later... Is that possible Ghazi?

In the meantime I will just wear layers to keep warm.

I only had time for a short ride but the suit feels great.
    I had to adjust the armor position in the pockets so I am glad it is easy to adjust.

I am hoping to go for a long ride tomorrow and will take pictures to post.

Thanks Ghazi!
  16. teizms

teizms Long timer

Oddometer:

glad to see u r liking the suit - now looking forward to some pix
  17. teizms

teizms Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ride Safe Folks!
    Another 60mph crash report.
    "I sprained my ankle quite badly, but I'll be back on the bike in a week or so. I was going ~60 mph (on a KTM 1190) coming over a crest in the road near Mt Tamalpais. There was a left turn soon after the crest, and I was going too fast for it, so I took the right ditch and lowsided on the left. My left toe caught the pavement on the way down and twisted outward, causing the sprain. Landed face down, my left shoulder took an impact and I slid on my left forearm/left leg.
    I survived/gear worked/rode the bike away, so I can't complain."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  18. JagLite

Oddometer:
    Ouch!
    Sure glad the rider was wearing protection :eek1

I was able to go for a nice long 7 hour ride Sunday and found my Power Shell most comfortable.
    Or mostly comfortable considering I don't have the thermal liner (yet)
    With several layers and a windbreaker inside the suit I was fine in the mid '40s temps with only my thighs getting a bit cool.

After an hour I thought to put my rain gear on over my suit which would surely help me stay warm...
    Well, my rain suit jacket fit over the power shell snugly but there was no way I could get the pants on without taking my boots off.

So, I am in the market for a new rain suit that will fit comfortably over the Large-Tall Power Shell and I am seeking input from others.

There is not much choice available locally and I am looking at Frog Toggs but am unsure which one and which size.
    I think the Large FT would fit over the Power Shell... :huh
    I will have to mail order it so I really want to get the right size the first time.

What do you recommend Ghazi?
    Anyone else?
    All input is appreciated!
  19. Troy_V

Troy_V Ace

Oddometer:
    I have custom PowerShell. It's basically a XL-Tall with about an inch longer torso length. I have been using Cabela's brand gore tex rain gear in size 2XL Tall, both the jacket and the pants. The jacket fits well as do the pants, though I wish the pants had an extra inch of length to them.

You may want to check out Cabelas.
  20. teizms

teizms Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have been using Frogg Toggs for a while. I went one size up / Medium instead of the usual Small / to make it fit easily over the riding gear. My frogg togg pants have a zipper on the pants cuff to make it easier to put on with boots. It still scuffs the pants a little, but at $29 for a set, who cares. Going on 2+ years with my latest set.