Teiz Motorsports One Piece Riding Suits - Official Thread

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by TheNedster, Feb 14, 2009.

1. JagLite

JagLite Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thank you!

I like inexpensive :clap

I will also check Cabela's because I haven't been in their store here since it opened... a year ago. :huh

I have bought most of my camping gear at Wallyworld after reading the thread on here about it.
  2. teizms

teizms Long timer

Oddometer:
    A long time in the making...
    I present to you - the (almost) final version of the Women Jacket & pants by Teiz Motorsports - getting the test run in Germany.
    Some changes will made be based on our testing, but this is pretty close to final and we will start accepting orders soon. Pricing will be similar to the Revolution suit - slightly higher - and it will be available as a custom fit only. Expect the jacket front length to be slightly longer in the final version..

As with the Revolution suit - this is the only offering for women with top notch materials sans compromises:
    SuperFabric, Cordura, T-Tex, Women Specific Sas-Tec Armor

Full feature list coming soon as well..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  3. teizms

teizms Long timer

Oddometer:
    For your viewing pleasure - some detail shots of the Sahara Jacket & pants

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  4. JagLite

Oddometer:
    My review of the Power Shell one piece suit I got for my road trip from CA home to Anchorage, Alaska in June 2015:

[​IMG]

After 10 days and 3,280 road miles my dog was very happy to see me again.
    (So was my wife but she took the picture)

So, what was it like living in the suit all day, day after day?

Comfortable :thumb

Not perfect though, I had hoped to feel :wings

But I was probably unrealistic in my hope.

Now for my view of the strong points and not so strong points of the suit.
    Keep in mind that this is the ONLY one piece riding suit I have ever used so any criticism I have may be the same in all one piece suits, I don't know.

Fit:
    Snug. Very snug.
    Do to cost I had to go with a standard size and not have one custom made.
    A custom made suit would have fit better but the standard "Large Tall" that I got was pretty close to ideal.
    I am 6'-4" so I have trouble finding pants long enough and shirt sleeves long enough in off the rack clothes.
    The Power Shell was better than most and almost long enough.
    The leg length could be a few inches longer as can be seen in the picture above.
    The sleeve length was right on and my waterproof glove gauntlets fit over the cuffs so I never got any water up my sleeves.

I am about 180 Lbs. and the suit fit good once I had it on.
    Not baggy and not tight. So, why do I say it fit "snug"?

Putting it on was not as easy as the video demonstration for me because the length from the crotch seam to the shoulder is very snug.
    The good is that once on I didn't have a baggy "drooping drawers" look.
    Nobody would mistake me for the dumb kids walking around with the crotch of their pants just above their knees. :scratch

I learned after the first few tries that I can't put it on standing up because I have poor balance, so sitting down is much easier for me to get my right leg through.
    My boot would go through but required lots of hand work to get the mesh liner over the boot without hanging up on the boot straps.
    Without my boot on it was easy to slip my foot through.
    Once I had my foot through I would stand up and pull the suit up tight.
    Then I would have to work at getting my arms in the sleeves while keeping the crotch of the suit up TIGHT (eek! :shog)
    Once my arms were in all that was left was to zip up the legs, an easy process.

There was a learning curve to deal with the Velcro on the legs always catching on things both on the suit and anything else it could reach but that is common.
    I also learned the necessity of making sure the armor pads were not twisted around.
    It seems that about half the time I put it on at least one of the pads would be twisted and it was very difficult to straighten out once I had my arms all the way in the sleeves.
    The legs were no problem because I just made sure the pads were correct before zipping up but the shoulder pads and elbow pads would get twisted up since they are "floating" because they attach to the mesh liner which moves around instead of attaching to the suit fabric.

My other armored riding gear (pants and jackets) has the adjustable/removable armor pads attached to the skin of the suit so they don't move or twist.

Temperature:
    Fortunately I never rode in high heat because the suit is not designed for hot climate, Teiz has better vented suits for hot riding locations.
    With the vents open I was comfortable in 80 degrees while moving but it gets hot sitting at red lights or waiting in lines of traffic.
    I did find it very difficult to work the underarm (armpit) zippers with the suit on.
    I couldn't use the hand in that sleeve and trying to operate a zipper in that location with one hand is very difficult.
    I have no idea how it could be made any better though, heavy duty zippers in heavy fabric are always hard to do with only one hand.

I was surprised in cold weather by how cold the Power Shell is without the thermal liner.
    Which leads to the only big problem I find myself in now.
    When I ordered my suit I was already out of my price range but decided to go for the better Power Shell instead of the Lombard because of the additional features and protection.
    That meant I could not order the thermal liner for the additional $100 at that time.
    I planned to order the thermal liner in the fall after I had earned the money to pay for it.

I thought I had been clear of my intention to get the liner later in my communication with Ghazi but obviously that was not the case.
    After using my new suit on a few rides and finding out how cold it is without the thermal liner I checked with Ghazi to see if they had the large/tall liners in stock so that I could get one before leaving on my trip.

That's when I found out that you have to order the thermal liner when you order your suit, they aren't sold separately. :dirtdog

I never saw that on the website or read it in this thread.
    And while I thought it was clear that I would definitely be ordering the liner, I just couldn't afford it all at once, Ghazi didn't pick up on that to tell me I could not do that.

So, when I contacted Ghazi to get the liner he explained that they don't stock liners and the suit has to be made with the attachment zippers and loops for the liner.
    I am the first customer who has wanted to get the thermal liner after purchase. :2cry
    Ghazi told me what to check on my suit and fortunately it does have the connections for the liner built in.
    The only problem now is the cost.
    The shipping for the liner will cost as much as the shipping for the suit, doubling the price from $100 to $200. :becca

(Ghazi, please correct any details I have wrong)

This situation in no way is a negative view of the Power Shell, and I really appreciate Ghazi working with me to resolve the situation.
    When you are over your budget and trying to economize it really hurts to find out saving a dollar will cost you twice as much in the end.

I do hope that every customer knows they MUST order the liner with their suit if they want one.
    I didn't know... :(

For my trip I took the thermal liners from my First Gear pants and jacket.
    They work fine for warmth but were a huge pain putting on and taking off since they don't attach to the suit.
    They were just another pair of pants and jacket to put on under the suit.
    That defeated the simplicity and ease of using a one piece riding suit.
    And then adding the Frogg Toggs rain gear over that...
    On the cold and rainy days of my trip I was warm and dry but stopping for a pee was quite the challenge with all the layers to deal with.

I never got wet in the light and/or short periods of rain when I didn't stop and put my rain gear on but on the two days when it rained ALL DAY LONG I appreciated having the Frogg Toggs on to keep my riding suit clean.
    That is a big advantage to using an inexpensive separate rain suit instead of using a fully waterproof riding suit that will get plastered with mud when riding dirt/gravel roads that are wet.

I saw many riders on my trip through Canada and Alaska with various riding gear and my Power Shell was MUCH cleaner than most of them because of the rain gear protection.

Other thoughts and comments.
    A longer inside chest pocket for travel documents, passport, tickets, etc. would be very handy.
    I noticed this when my ferry tickets would not fit in any pocket without being folded up.
    I really like the clear pocket on the left sleeve cuff.
    I don't know what it is designed for but I put my emergency medical information there so it would be more likely to be seen if I was unconscious.
    Fortunately never needed. :-)

I like the stock color choice "Stealth" and was glad there are pictures of the various stock color suits on real people.
    I had planned to get a Hi-Viz suit until I saw photos and decided that was too extreme for me.
    My Frogg Togg jacket is a good Hi-Viz lime green and that works well on darker rainy days.
    I am very satisfied with the all black Stealth.

Yes, I would recommend the Power Shell to everyone and I give it two thumbs up. :thumb:thumb
  5. teizms

teizms Long timer

Oddometer:
    thanks for the review.. i have no clue how this post missed my radar.. didn't get a adv notification..
    all feedback is duly noted.. would love to see more pictures from the trip!
  6. Deans BMW

Deans BMW Granpa Hoon

Oddometer:
    Hi Gazi, my two piece Navagation a our two Lombards are still going strong. Say to Hani for Pam and I.
  7. teizms

teizms Long timer

Oddometer:
    great to hear from you Dean.. we should catch up on what all you are up to these days :)
  8. teizms

teizms Long timer

Oddometer:
    Our hosting company has taken a serious dive. in between switching servers right now. apologies for any issues.
  9. teizms

teizms Long timer

Oddometer:
    meanwhile.. me in chile

[​IMG]
    JagLite and Icy_ like this.
  10. teizms

teizms Long timer

Oddometer:
    server is back up for now. but next week we will moving to a new server with a slightly revised website. will make ordering a bit simpler
    JagLite likes this.
  11. tinkertailordesign

tinkertailordesign n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi
    Is there anywhere I can see reviews of Teiz products?
    I've scoured the whole internet and can only find a few on forums like this, I'd love to see more!

:rofl
  12. teizms

teizms Long timer

Oddometer:
    This thread has the most amount of feedback :)
  13. teizms

teizms Long timer

Oddometer:
    As some of you may know, we r starting a South America expedition in July. As we will be on the road with limited connectivity, we will be pausing the trial size service starting next week. Service will resume in a few months once our trip is done.

[​IMG]
    JagLite likes this.
  14. bete

bete misguided adventurer

Oddometer:
    Have fun!
  15. JagLite

Oddometer:
    That's great!
  16. Kingsized

Kingsized Kingsized Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Can an order requiring a custom size still be made or is it best to wait until after you return?
  17. teizms

teizms Long timer

Oddometer:
    Can you email me which suit you are interested in and I'll confirm shortly.

Sales@teizms.com

We were planning to continue accepting custom orders but I need to make sure we have the right materials in stock.

Thanks
  18. Kingsized

Oddometer:
    Thank you Ghazi for working all this out while on the road. I'm looking forward to my Navigator pants. Have fun!
  19. Kingsized

Oddometer:
    UPDATE: I put my order in with Ghazi on the 22nd (see previous post) and my custom sized pants came today 12 business days later and that is with overseas shipping! I have to say thanks to Ghazi for making this happen while on the road. They fit perfectly and are solidly built. I'm a big guy and while jackets are not a problem, pants that fit properly in my short inseam are impossible. Good going!
    JagLite likes this.
  20. teizms

teizms Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hello all,
    The big trip around South America is over. Just finished sleeping for a week to get my bones aligned again. Will relaunch the site with new pricing soon. Many pics coming soon.
    Thanks for your patience.

Attached Files: