Tellico Plains,TN Route 50 Miles (PY02)

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - Northeast, Southeast & Florida' started by Python423, Mar 19, 2007.

1. Python423

Python423 TnAdvRiders.com

Oddometer:
    Me and my Dad decided to do some forest service roads in his Jeep today. We crosed alot of mountains including Star Mountain, Black Mountain, Round Mountain, Locust Mountain, McCulley Mountain, & Bakers Grave Mountain. This area is SouthWest of Tellico Plains, TN. The forest road sections equaled about 50 miles, but we put in about 98 miles all together, getting there and all the pavement in between. Heres a few pics from the journey. Also After the Pics, for the GPS users out there, I will attach the .GPX data in Track format. This file was made with a Garmin Receiver, and Mapsource Software. Tho the GPX file is suppose to be a universal gps file, and should load in other brands, or can easily be converted to whatever brand GPS you might have. Included in the file in addition to tracks, are various waypoints (possible points of intrests in the general area). Tho we took the Jeep on route today, this would also be a perfect DualSport Ride. We were on Dirt/Gravel 99% of this route. Enjoy! Some of this section is included in the first GPS track I posted for Tellico Plains, but this is definately different. It throws in the FingerBoard Road and Ducket Ridge Roads. Its only 50 miles but its all forest road, and will take you a good afternoon to complete it.

Here is the GPS data, and also heres a webpage, showing 2 beautiful waterfalls on Starr Mountain. We didnt hike down to them tho, as It would have been a little rough for Dad, but its suppose to be just 1/4 hike from the forest road. The Waterfall waypoints are included in the .GPX

Pics from the Ride will follow in the next messages.

http://www.ncwaterfalls.com/yellow_bullet_tn1.htm

[​IMG]

Vist Tennessee's (and Surrounding Areas)
    Online Offroad/Dualsport community at ...

http://www.TnAdvRiders.com :ricky <!-- / sig -->

Attached Files:

2. Python423

Oddometer:
  3. Python423

Oddometer:
  4. Knobbie

Knobbie Ex Teams

Oddometer:
    Cools pics. And thanks for the waypoints. I'll try them on my next trip up there. Looks like a really great day.
  5. faysal

faysal Explorer

Oddometer:
    Hey guys - I know this is an ancient thread but I'll be in that area in a couple of months and wanted to do some mild dual-sporting. Does anyone know how difficult (or easy) this trail is? I'll have an off-road beginner riding with me and don't want us to get in trouble. It looks easy on Google Earth but I can't access the photos above to make sure.

thanks!
  6. ihatefalling

ihatefalling Let it roll

Oddometer:
    All of those roads are passable in a truck/jeep pretty easy.
    They are popular roads for DS in the Tellico area.
    Ya'll shouldn't have any trouble and will have some fun creek crossings.

This is one of the roads with the creek crossings

7. faysal

faysal Explorer

Oddometer:
    Thank you! That looks perfect actually. Nice riding. :ricky
  8. ihatefalling

ihatefalling Let it roll

Oddometer:
    How long do u have to ride?
    if youre rolling at a deceny pace u should be able to do that route in 2 -3 hours??
  9. faysal

faysal Explorer

Oddometer:
    It depends how this effects the rest of my planned route, but I'd make the time it needs. Pace-wise I'm slow offroad (20mph average) and my newbie friend is sure to even slower.... :dunno
  10. ihatefalling

ihatefalling Let it roll

Oddometer:
    Sounds good. Should be an enjoyable ride......
    faysal likes this.
  11. seii

seii Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks for posting this! I am buying a new ADV bike and I can't wait to ride this route(s). The video looks like something I can handle. Would there by any routes that might be dicey, I will have my wife on-board a R1200GS? The last creek crossing in the video may be a challenge for me.