Tellico Plains,TN Ultimate DS Ride (by Python)

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - Northeast, Southeast & Florida' started by Python423, May 29, 2007.

1. AmericanWalkabout

AmericanWalkabout Lost in the Wilderness

Oddometer:
    So my neighbor bailed and after riding it I would agree. Either I'm the first one to ride FS81 this season or it grows VERY quickly but there were many areas where I couldn't see the trail for the growth.

Cool ride though. Smith Mtn Rd is also very cool. Couldn't find the elusive Witt Rd on my maps or would have tried that too.

Thanks to Python for making the routes.

[​IMG]
  2. mattc

mattc Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for posting the GPX files! I'm heading up there Wednesday to ride for a week, and want to be able to use some of this info, but for some reason, mapsource won't send any of this info to my Zumo 450. Any ideas??

Thanks.
  3. sallydog

sallydog https://sallydog.smugmug.com/Pets/LD-Travel/

Oddometer:
    i would love to do this ride memorial day this year. anyone interested that knows how to use a gps?
  4. mattc

mattc Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Quoting myself here... Got it to work. I'll be checking it out on Thursday or Friday, or sometime next week.
  5. Colemanfu

Colemanfu King of all manfu

Oddometer:
    Anyone going to be around June 12-16? I'll be up from FL and am looking for some dirt. Thinking solo could be tuff.
  6. AmericanWalkabout

AmericanWalkabout Lost in the Wilderness

Oddometer:
    I should be around for at least one ride during that time. Where will you be staying and what do you ride?

What types of trails - gravel, ST, DT?

Check out some of the Nth GA threads for good places.

Drew.

7. I.P. Freely

I.P. Freely Ragin Cajun

Oddometer:
    Some pics from today
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

On trail 82, Rocker tried to miss a muddy part and ended up falling. He bent the piss out of the shifter and rode to the end of the trail where he tried to give it another adjustment.........AND SNAPPED THE DAMN SHIFTER SHAFT :(
    The only good part was, it was stuck in third gear and he rode it all the way back to the truck.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for the info Python423 :thumb
  8. DonHo

DonHo Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the tracks! Excellent ride!

Trails 81 & 82 were fun. Even on the F800! Wish there were more of those trails around!
  9. themobb

themobb Is this thing on???

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the track/waypoints!

I'll be up next week snooping around... Did you really take the F8 on that stuff?
    Not on the stock tires I'm guessing?

Lance
  10. Minimike

Minimike Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    WORKING ON IT!
  11. DonHo

DonHo Adventurer

Oddometer:

I really didn't have any problems on the trails...it was dry for most of both 81 & 82. I was running the regular Metzeler tourances. If it was very muddy, you might need more aggressive tires. (Karoo T or the like).

You gonna be in tellico plains weekend of 14th an 15th?? I am thinking of doing some more exploring then. BEAUTIFUL RIDING... and lots of it!
  12. Python423

Python423 TnAdvRiders.com

Oddometer:
    Glad you guys are enjoying the area...
  13. flyinfuzz

flyinfuzz 2 Quarts low

Oddometer:
    Hey We are going to be in and around Blue ridge Ga Sept 12-18 on our annual slow fat bike vacation- 2 klr 650"s :rofl .Going to ride around in Cohutta and wait on our token fast guy/sadist to reride Windy gap on his xt 250 again. Last year we got caught in the dark and fog at the top trail head- 40 miles from the cabin :eek1 .Wondering if we could do trail 82 on the beasties? Also heading southeast around Dial Ga and catch some fs roads down to Suches and back around to blue ridge. See ya on the trails . Andy
  14. Minimike

Oddometer:
    We're fixing the worst section of Trail 82 on Wednesday. I'll take some photo's and post them. Much of the trail has been cut to a 36" wide foot track. We have 243 volunteer hours on that trail just this year alone.

If you're a good rider, know your bike, and have 50/50 tires then Trail 82 shouldn't be a problem. There is one hill, heading East on the trail, that can be hard to get up if it's wet. If you're running 80/20 tires it would be extremely hard to get up in the rain.
  15. flyinfuzz

flyinfuzz 2 Quarts low

Oddometer:
    thanks for the infro and everyones hard work.As for our riding skills:rofl we stupidly took the klrs up windy gap to where the trail narrows and turns into rollie rocks - a long day!!!:eek1 see ya on the trails andy
  16. Honda Scoot

Honda Scoot Time To Ride

Oddometer:
    My liitle bro has put together a 3 day DS vacation for us north coasters (3 Ohio & 1 Mississippi rider) based at the TP Cabins Sept 23rd to the 25th.

Your posts and trail work are sure to make this a memorable trip for us!

Windy Gap eludes my searches. Sounds fascinating.
  17. flyinfuzz

flyinfuzz 2 Quarts low

Oddometer:
    Go to Gerogia off road and look under ORV trails of reviews. Have fun. ps no cell service and get the f**k off the mountain before dark and fog rolls in. trust me on this.:deal Andy
  18. Honda Scoot

Honda Scoot Time To Ride

Oddometer:
    Thanks! I didn't search to the south.

Understood! I pulled that stunt in July 09 (different state and mountain). I was alone and really releaved to see electric lights through the trees.
  19. Minimike

Oddometer:
    Aug 25th Work on Trail 82, Cherokee National Forest:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Track off 1st time

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Come-a-long to lift it to get the track back on.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Track of 2nd time. We were like a Nascar pit crew & got the second one back on in a mater of minutes. Well less than 20 minutes any way.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We put in 5 or six water bars, I think. Too tired to remember.

[​IMG]
  20. Grizz Adams

Grizz Adams When in Doubt Throttle Out!!

Oddometer:
    Mike,

No words can express how appreciative I am of you and others who work so hard in that area, so that guys like myself can ride your way and enjoy a weekend of riding. I really do appreciate all you and your shop does to keep the area fun for the DS crowd!

:clap