Tent Space Experiences

Discussion in 'Trip Planning' started by Hollyr, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Jamie Z

Jamie Z I'm serious. Supporter

Oddometer:
    I work in Black Hawk! More people should visit there.

Wanna come for steaks this evening? I'm hosting a cross-country Kiwi and will be firing up the grill for dinner on Monday the 6th.

Jamie
    knight and Project Mayhem like this.
  2. Earache

Earache Hola!

Oddometer:

Just saw this - I could ride down and meet up with you guys for a few minutes, but would have to skip dinner as I need to be back in Black Hawk by 7:30.
  3. Jamie Z

Oddometer:
    PM sent.
  4. boatpuller

boatpuller Long timer

Oddometer:
    Enjoyed meeting you. Ride through the rain to reach MO, and then again to reach TX, where they are having Biblical rains. Sounds like a great adventure!
    Didn't expect many visitors as we don't live in a motorcycle destination, but actually have had several over the years on their way through. Looks like StL makes a good way station.
    Dan Diego and Mr Head like this.
  5. Jamie Z

Oddometer:
    Thanks for stopping by! Great meeting you and seeing your bike photos, but you lost me when you and Nick started speaking Italian.

Boy, you missed dinner.

IMG_3565.jpg

Jamie
    Dan Diego and Mr Head like this.
  6. Earache

Earache Hola!

Oddometer:
    Yeah, well you missed riding up the mountain in cold, pissing down rain in the dark. So I've got that going for me....
    Jamie Z likes this.
  7. Jamie Z

Oddometer:
    @odermate stayed at my place for a few days earlier this week. We drank a few beers, visited a few breweries. Ate some steaks, wings, and pizza. And saw a show at Red Rocks. We met @Earache, @fasttortoise, and a few regular people.

Epic few days that I won't soon forget. He's headed now to Memphis to stay with @Disco Stu.

NickCollage.jpg

Thanks for stopping by, Nick.

Jamie
    knight, Dan Diego, EZMoney and 6 others like this.
  8. Disco Stu

Disco Stu Long timer

Oddometer:
    @Jamie Z i think he may have stayed a little too long with you. When he showed up in Memphis, his rear tire was looking a little Jamie-esque
    :hide

We coated it with some catsup packets and he was good to go. :ksteve
    knight, Macho Man2 and odermate like this.
  9. Disco Stu

Disco Stu Long timer

Oddometer:
  10. Trip Hammer

Trip Hammer It's not the years, it's the mileage Supporter

Oddometer:
    I just returned from a 2 week, 4,700 mile ride down and around the US Southwest from Seattle. My first night I had arranged a few weeks ahead of time with @marbee40 at his "Pumphouse". He was great with communication prior to my arrival, and I was determined to be punctual and gave myself a good 2 hour buffer to the 480 some odd mile ride to Marsing, Idaho.

In my excitement of the first day of my ride, I completely spaced on the hour time difference between Seattle and Idaho. Thinking I was right on time, I texted my very understanding host from just outside of town that I was nearly there.
    He kindly informs me I'm an hour late! :lol3

We chatted for a few before he had to head to work, 3rd shift.

Let's just say the word Pumphouse is misleading. It's more of a spacious motorcycle lovers dream man cave with all the comforts one would need. And you sleep surrounded by motorcycles.

I only wish the timing could have been better to get to chat more with my host, although we did catch up when he returned in the morning.
    This was my first time as a guest on tentspace and I wanted to show my gratitude here.

Oh, and if you do find yourself near Marsing, ID for the night and reach out to marbee40, I implore you to listen to his advice on local places to eat.
    Pay no attention to the sign advertising "Prime rib Fridays " at a restaurant nearby that shall remain nameless. :1drink
    Just trust me on this.
  11. KingFishman

KingFishman Flatland wanderer

Oddometer:
    Just hosted @50ccdutchkid for the night here in north Louisiana as he heads west on his 1966 Kreidler 50cc 2 stroke speed machine, lol. He has a profile on the site but hasn't been using it. I pointed him toward tent space and he is going to send out some requests and I wanted to put on the site that he was a great guest and full of great stories, especially seeing the country while riding a chain saw.

King
    knight, Mr Head and Hollyr like this.
  12. workhorse

workhorse Motorcycle as a medium of travel

Oddometer:
    I'd like to do a trip of just calling and visiting all you blokes who have signed up this.
    Whilst we all are different, the link of enjoying pissing off into the sunset on a bike and having a few sherbets ( beers) would make for some good yarns, laughs and no doubt headaches.
    Jamie Z and Trip Hammer like this.
  13. skibum69

skibum69 slave to gravity Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    About 30 inmates have come through my place so far, plenty of beers and stories have gone by.:D
    knight and Gham like this.
  14. cbroar

cbroar n00b

Oddometer:
    Yeah takes a few years..:D
    Fair play getting the super ten, defo the right bike. Shiny side up, all the best with it.
    Earache likes this.
  15. Earache

Earache Hola!

Oddometer:
    Had a couple of guys stay here last night that were on their way to Moab from Michigan. We walked through Ameristar but didn't see you working anywhere. At least we tried.
  16. Jamie Z

Oddometer:
    They messaged me earlier in the day and I referred them to you, at which point he replied that he was already in contact with you.

Too bad I didn't see you guys I was there from 7pm-3am.

Jamie
  17. Jamie Z

Oddometer:
    None at the moment.

I've been looking at taking a short trip back to MN sometime this summer, but no definite plans.

Jamie
  18. Earache

Earache Hola!

Oddometer:
    We were there around midnight - place was busy!
  19. raebear

raebear Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hosted Brandon-(NodnarB) from Maryland Wed night on his to CA then back. Very nice guy, great guest. Another great experience. Safe Travels my friend!
  20. martijn

martijn Adventurer

Oddometer:
    My tentspace will allways be available in Apeldoorn the Netherlands, We might even have a real bed to comfort the tired biker.
    knight, jjustj, Earache and 1 other person like this.