Tent Space Experiences

Discussion in 'Trip Planning' started by Hollyr, Aug 17, 2015.

1. RVDan

RVDan Long timer

Oddometer:
    That depends if it's a Harley or not.
    Seadragon16 and Mastery like this.
  2. racetrash

racetrash Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just had Alex and Robert from germany stay here for a night, fun guys, def on a mission to ride! Pete
  3. Bob S.

Bob S. Overloaded and Underway!

Oddometer:
    Thanks for everything Adam my smiles are still flowing from underneath my helmet!
    You rule!
    BOB S
  4. DonVulpes

DonVulpes Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Loved reading these experiences and plotting our routes round New England this summer.

Can't wait to add a few of our own :)
    MsLizVt likes this.
  5. slammer218

slammer218 Slammer

Oddometer:
    Just rode from Ohio to California and back. Stayed at a few homes and had a great time. I felt funny the first time not knowing who I was staying with but found out the were good motorcycle people and had a great time. Would do it again. Thanks to everyone on the tent space that offer their home or a place to pitch a tent...
    TonyKZ1 and 5punksdad like this.
  6. goldenrev

goldenrev New Dream

Oddometer:
    We had a great visit with Bob S. from the Chicago area a couple of nights ago... a great guy and very nice guest

[​IMG]

Just FYI for any future hosts... Bob is an IPA lover!

I mean look at the cooler he carries:
    [​IMG]
  7. Bob S.

Bob S. Overloaded and Underway!

Oddometer:
    Goldenrev!
    I just laughed so hard! You guys were such great hosts.That awesome hearty breakfast lasted me well into Oregon. Thanks for posting this, now my wife can go online and see I'm still alive (and unshaven!)
    Thanks Again!
    Bob S.
    kawafunky likes this.
  8. Throttlemeister

Throttlemeister Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I was wondering how you fared in Mexico Bob. Would love to hear the tales of ADV you had as I'm sure you had an interesting time.

Was great hosting Bob first night out on his big trip too.
    Haul Ass likes this.
  9. rebake

rebake Long timer

Oddometer:
    Had Garry Diamond and his wife Ivonne spend the weekend with us.They are riding a Super Tenere from Mexico City to Fairbanks by way of Washington DC.Had a great time with them.Ed
  10. Elefant 900 Rad

Elefant 900 Rad Hedley

Oddometer:
    I've hosted at least 15 different motorcycle travelers at my house over the last few years and I've made many lifelong friends because of it. I can no longer host, since I am heading out on my own round the world journey with my dog in a sidecar starting late June 2016.
    See ya on the road skags !
  11. Buck83

Buck83 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I just finished motocamping the Blue Ridge Pkwy a few weeks ago and wanted to say that I had an awesome experience with all 3 of my Tent Space host!
    Although I will warn, TreeStrom has a pet snake that I opted out of meeting. But thanks for letting me ride the KLR, first time riding a dirt bike and it was pretty addictive! Made me realize how non-offroady my VStrom actually is.
    Kenny & PJ, thanks for the local micro-brewery tour, the steaks, and for breakfast! Like Sam Elliot said in The big Lebowski, "I like your style, dude."
    5PunksDad, I had a lot of fun... maybe a little too much. Made for a hell of a time getting my shit together the next morn. I'm pretty sure there was a leak in the drink bladder as there's no way I drank over half a 750ml bottle of Makers?

I highly reccomend staying with any of them. The company was great! It also sure beat sitting around a camp site alone eating boil in a bags.
    Maybe next time I'll actually plan some time to ride with the host and visit a little more, as the company was always top notch.

Really cool experience, look forward to doing it again some time.
    TonyKZ1, 5punksdad, MsLizVt and 3 others like this.
  12. Turbodog1000

Turbodog1000 Vintage Rider

Oddometer:
    We have had a couple of Tent Space guests, and it's been great. We enjoyed a visit from Gary Dyamond & Ivonne From Mexico City, and Wynn G. from Pennsylvania. We are looking forward to our next guest.
    MsLizVt likes this.
  13. AteamNM

AteamNM Wonna Be ADVrider Supporter

Oddometer:
    I have numerous folks stay at my place. I offer a pretty sweet deal; door step in the Rockies just east of Albuquerque NM. Gated community, 2 spare bedrooms and private bath, garage with all amenities. I too have made many life long friends and a few I will never recall their name. I also have had many folks leave their vehicle and trailers here for an extended time and return to depart back east some where's. Hosting is just pure karma, great way to share activities and everyone rants on two things, the views of the Sandia Mountains (I live at 7100 feet) and the solitude/lack of noise. My most recent guest Pascal and Shaneene are a young Swiss couple who spent 3 nights. They worked on bikes, they slept and lazed, and also did many weekend activities including attending a local birthday party, visiting local attractions and riding very cool spots near my house. I asked what they wanted to do Saturday evening, provided many choices. They elected to go shooting with many friends from the party the night before. They fell in love with fire arms and the fun it can be under a range master and with some training from a X navy seal.

Link to Pascal and Shaneen (active now) heading to Alaska and then to the tip of S. America. They re coming back in the fall to spend a week. They want to shoot and ride a hot air baloon.
    https://ateamnm.smugmug.com/Pascal-Shaneene-Swiss/

I have also hosted 5 or 6 folks that I have never met. Talk with them, get a general feel and look at their ADV postings. Never been a problem and always left with a silly gift. I give them the community gate code, my garage code and tell them to lock up when they leave. I have numerous photos on my tent space advert to see. I appreciate giving back to ADVrider.

A couple of random shots from tent space fun.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

One of my most precious friendships through Tent Space is JJ Lewis. Another situation where he stayed at my house twice (IIRC) without me being home. JJ and another ADV friend are founders of Lost For A Reason. www.LFAR.org

LFAR has influenced my life for sure. Watch this video please.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Oh yea, this is me.

[​IMG]

Sorry for such a long post. Great karma to you hosts out there and also to those that keep in touch that visit us.
    Guest book is a brilliant idea.
    :raabia
    ATEAM
    TonyKZ1, KingFishman, Drwnite and 6 others like this.
  14. kennyanc

kennyanc Long timer

Oddometer:
    It was great having you Justin, come back and see us again.
    Buck83 and MsLizVt like this.
  15. Hollyr

Hollyr Vesterislendingur Supporter

Oddometer:
    Michael Traficano (ChopperCopper) has just left my place heading west toward CO. I highly recommend him as a tent space guest. Stayed here 2 nights and we did Niagara Falls. Besides he's riding an Africa Twin. :happay
    [​IMG]
    Supported our local store too with that new jacket!
    Great having you visit Michael
    Holly
    jjustj likes this.
  16. raebear

raebear Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey all, just ran across this side of 'Tent Space'. So far this year I have had Pascall and Shaneen, and Helgirl., all exceptional guests. BobS and about a dozen others over the last three years, all great never a problem. Stayed with JJ and his family when they were in Kayenta, excellent hosts
    AteamNM likes this.
  17. Drwnite

Drwnite Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I've hosted many, many people over the years, some for months waiting for their bikes to rock up from or be sent to Dili, Timor. 4 this month and 2 on push bikes as well. (it's ok they fit in, nutter mentality :thumbup) Some big groups too, think I had 11 here at one point :eek7 (I have acreage) Made more than a few life long friends! My beer fridge was never empty (The only rule :D) and is covered in stickers and comments from all over the globe! Never had a thing out of place or missing, house, workshop and grounds have always been left spotlessly clean :thumbup Most from Horizons Unlimited and word of mouth but I'm hoping the Adv Rider crowd will catch up
    :beer
    Gham, jfman and Macho Man2 like this.
  18. pista

pista Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I just finished a 4300 mile ride from Cleveland, OH to Montrose, CO.
    So looking at how I could take the long way there, New Mexico seemed like a great option.

Next I decided to check out tentspace.

So glad that I did! Got in touch with Tony (AteamNM) and he offered to let me stay at his place in the beautiful Sandia Mts just East of Albuquerque, NM.

What a great guy and a fantastic host!

I only spent one night, but wish I could have stayed longer.

Thank you for your hospitality Tony! I look forward to my next trip to the "Land of Enchantment" and an opportunity to spend a little more time hanging out!

Highly recommend giving him a shout if you're in his neck of the woods!

Steve
    AteamNM likes this.
  19. warriorcole

warriorcole n00b sch00b

Oddometer:
    You may want to reconsider a stay here. Running about 10% of those that stay have crashed on the way home.
    Buck83 likes this.
  20. 5punksdad

5punksdad Tag-Master-Flash

Oddometer:
    I do not recall.... lol

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
    Buck83 likes this.