Tent Space Map v2

Discussion in 'Trip Planning' started by Jamie Z, Mar 30, 2017.

1. Jamie Z

Jamie Z I'm serious. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Fixed!

Something funky happened when they did the server upgrade a couple weeks back. Broke all the links. I thought I fixed them, but missed those two. Thanks for the heads up.
    ZachM1 and CavReconSGT like this.
  2. Bobby Nations

Bobby Nations n00b

Oddometer:
    Bingo, I'm in like Flynn now. Thanks!
    Snake Oiler and ZachM1 like this.
  3. Pansy

Pansy Not much of an Adventurer

Oddometer:
    For a non-techie like me, I was interested in looking up a place in the Austin TX area. There's so many pins in TX I can't find Austin.
    I don't suppose there's a way to search by city & state or do I have to just keep clicking on pins?
  4. flamingm0e

flamingm0e Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just zoom in?
    DRONE likes this.
  5. Pansy

Pansy Not much of an Adventurer

Oddometer:
    well :doh. I did mention non-techie didn't I? :lol3
    Thanks
    flamingm0e likes this.
  6. heresjeff

heresjeff Weekend Worry-er

Oddometer:
    How about an update to the map?
    ADVraider likes this.
  7. mysz74

mysz74 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    \
    Yes I will work on it soon. Sorry for the delay. I am going to recommend that adv'ers start using bunk a biker as an alternative, and maybe a future go to site for "tent spaces". Bunk a biker has a nice interface and is easy to add your pin as a host, https://www.zeemaps.com/bunk-a-biker_world

The process I am using is quite a manual one and as you see it is not updated regularly.
  8. Old-n-slo

Old-n-slo Burnin' fossil fuels!

Oddometer:
    Why do I think that the inmates on this farm are all "family" and sorta wonder who I'll have show up if I list on bunk-a-biker?
    A guy on a DR650 vs. some loud-pipes-save-lives wahoo. Is there a difference between a motorcyclist and a biker? Or am I just being too politically correct? ;-)
    DRONE, ZachM1 and Clampett like this.
  9. heresjeff

Oddometer:
    The lady that runs Bunk a Biker has to pay for the Zee map, maybe you can get ADV rider Corporate to give us a couple bucks a month?
    mysz74 and ZachM1 like this.
  10. heresjeff

Oddometer:
    The lady that owns Bunk a biker rides a dr350, ironically.
    Old-n-slo likes this.
  11. Clampett

Clampett Uncle Jed

Oddometer:
    The difference I see between our Tent-Space-Map and Bunk-A-Biker is the interaction.
    On our tent space, many times a traveler will get the permission to stay and just pitch the tent and vanish the next morning.
    Others stay and visit, having a social interaction.
    Bunk a Biker is all about the social interaction. Don't just show up, sleep, pack the tent and leave.
    For me, previously owning a farm, I could give permission. Then explain the place of arrival and what/where they could use.
    They could arrive, stay to themselves or come knock on the door as they chose without obligation.
    Only off the tent space now because of no accommodations that the CFO would approve :(
    drhippie2 and ZachM1 like this.
  12. DRONE

DRONE Dog Chauffeur

Oddometer:
    When somebody hits me up for tent space, I take a look at their posts and threads--on Adventure Rider, not on some other forum. If they're OK, they're OK. If they're an a-hole, it usually comes through loud and clear in their posts. Bear in mind, though, my "tent space" is a bedroom in my house, not a patch of dirt out in a field. I'd be less picky otherwise.
    mysz74, Clampett, Trip Hammer and 3 others like this.
  13. Jamie Z

Jamie Z I'm serious. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Interesting, for me the Tent Space has been all about social interaction. My last guest spent three or four days here and we hit up a bunch of breweries, went to see a show, went out with a couple of my friends.

Another fellow spent two days here and I picked out as many curvy canyon roads as I could and we did quite a bit of riding together.

A couple stayed with me a few years back and ended up staying an extra day because they woke up hung over. Damn Aussie's can't hold their liquor. :lol3

I have had a couple of visitors who were in a bit of a rush, just spending the night, but even those guys shared dinner and a few beers before bed, and I got up in the morning to see them off.

I've stayed with about 20 folks on Tent Space; most of the time it's been just one night, but we've always shared dinner and beer, rode together with a few of my hosts, got taken for an airplane ride once...

Bunk a Biker seems to be pretty similar. I'm a lurker on the Facebook page, but I don't currently have a place for guests, so I can't host on Tent Space nor Bunk a Biker.

Check out the Tent Space Experiences thread: https://advrider.com/f/threads/tent-space-experiences.1087594/