Tent Space Sign-Up Thread

Discussion in 'Trip Planning' started by geode, Jul 4, 2006.

1. Molchy

Molchy n00b

Oddometer:
    Joliet, IL. Five minutes off of I-80, between I-57 and I-55. The start of Rt. 66. I have a spare room, couches, floor space, beer, interwebs, coffee, laundry, garage, limited tools, truck and trailer. I do have a backyard with room for a tent or two. A little on top of my neighbors, but I don't care if you don't. Message here or achemers@gmail.com.
    MaNDan likes this.
  2. nordewal

nordewal n00b

Oddometer:
    Switzerland (Baar): after travelling the world (vonderwelt.ch) and having found/used this awesome tent space map, it is time to offer my place as well!
    I don't have space to pitch a tent, but you are welcome to sleep indoors, on the sleeping couch fitting 2 people. There is a terrace, grill, hot shower, kitchen, fast wifi, basic tools, secure parking etc.

Looking forward to meeting you and sharing some good stories over a beer :-)

Message me at joschi0391@gmail.com
    Montford, MaNDan and Oldschoolrocker like this.
  3. heberhog

heberhog Noob

Oddometer:
    Santaquin utah, garage space with tools, tire changer etc. Rocky Mountain ATV is 6 miles from my house. Kelly@earlofsmokebbq.com
    thelastfoiter and MaNDan like this.
  4. Thrasherg

Thrasherg Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I am based 20 miles north of Dallas, Texas. Have garage and room for tents or a spare room. Have most tools and can help with any repairs, electrical, mechanical or bodywork. Can easily change tyres and balance wheels, happy to help anyone with any motorcycle issues. email gwaugh64 at gmail dot com

Gary
    thelastfoiter, MaNDan and Macho Man2 like this.
  5. IlanF700GS

IlanF700GS n00b

Oddometer:
    Welcome riders, free tentspace and more for riders traveling to Israel

Ilan.
    Salit, Israel.

Based about 35 Kilometer NE from Tel Aviv.
    Amazing country side village.
    290 Meter above sea level.

32.2417080, 35.0483830

Attached Files:

MaNDan and skibum69 like this.
  6. brian sherriff

brian sherriff arrested

Oddometer:
    I am located in Cleethorpes on the east coast of England, out the way of most things! If you get lost and pass by I have a spare bedroom, lots of garage parking and various tools. You would have to be determined to use the tent space as I have concrete gardens! Located in the town centre 2 minute walk to all amenities. I am away riding quite a lot, so its a lottery to find me home. PM me to see if I am around and if so will send directions and contact details.
  7. Maunmaun

Maunmaun n00b

Oddometer:
    I am located in Ingersoll, ON, 3 minutes ride from the 401. Enough space for a few tents and may have a spare room depending on kids situation. Mostly dry garage for bikes with some tools, BBQ, bonfire, showers, Wifi, Laundry, Fridge, etc... Will happily trade (your) travel stories for dinner and drinks! PM me here or on Facebook or text me twotwo6 twotwo8 nine5four4 and I will get back to you ASAP

MaNDan likes this.
  8. brad.matznick

brad.matznick Studly man rider wanna be

Oddometer:
    I am in Cadillac, Mi 49601.
    I have a garage with a collection of bike owner type tools.
    I can handle a few tents at one time.
    I have a bathroom with shower.
    If you are in a bind and have no tent, I have a camper to set up.
    I have a grill.
    I can help with most Michigan directions and some local things to see and do.
    If you need something I haven't mentioned, ask me and I'll try to help out.
    Call/text/email in advance because I might be gone on a trip myself!
    Brad Matznick
    bmatznick@gmail.com
    517 643 2753
    44.251953, -85.401161.
    wadethewanderer and MaNDan like this.
  9. rhjiii46

rhjiii46 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'd like to jump in here and offer to host singles, couples or groups.

Rancho Cordova, CA (12 miles from Sacramento)

I have a guest room (twin bed only), a 2nd bedroom (unfurnished with lots of carpeted floor space) and lots of tent space in backyard. Bathroom, shower, laundry etc. Garage with tools.

Contact Rich @ rhjiii47@yahoo.com or text @ Five59-9zero1-ZeroZero92.

Looking forward to meeting you
  10. FunkyGravity

FunkyGravity n00b

Oddometer:
    Malmö, Sweden
    55.5783097, 12.964090177416917
    +46 733 four zero 64 ten

SERVICE OFFERED
    Garage and basic tools
    Bike parking
    Tent/Bed
    Shower, laundry, BBQ
    Tour of Malmö
    Internet

Attached Files:

11. Zapgarou

Zapgarou Ripper Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm located 60 miles south of New Orleans off Hwy 11 in Buras La.
    Plenty of space for a tent with water and electricity if I'm not there.
    If I am at home can provide a spare bedroom, laundry etc.

My contact information for details is:
    Email: scottreppel@cox.net
    Elad, MaNDan and Squily like this.
  12. NAZer

NAZer FNG Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm in San Carlos, Nuevo Guaymas, Sonora and will be here when not traveling the rest Mexico until March 31st 2020.
    We have a spare room in our rental house on the water with 2 single beds.
    Tent space will be on hard surface as there is no "yard".
    A Carport (the GS is in the bodega). Might be able to squeeze you into the side gate and locked area.
    San Carlos Arrival.jpg
    A beer fridge full of good Mexican beer and a couple of IPA's along with the local hooch known as Bacanora
    Basic tools and a 12 volt compressor with tire repair kit.
    Washer/dryer
    Tandem Kayak to explore the Mar de Cortes.
    Front Yard Frenzy 2.jpg
    A working knowledge of some cool trails around or can hook you up with local riders.
    Another working knowledge of great food in the area. Sonoran beef and seafood can't be beat.

Give us plenty of lead time since we have plans to be gone for a couple of windows during this winter as well as guests arriving now and then. After March, we'll be in Flagstaff. PM me and we'll get it figured out.
    ZiggyInNc and MaNDan like this.
  13. Harleyich

Harleyich n00b

Oddometer:
    NSFW, Montford and DittyBag like this.
  14. Yellow Dog

Yellow Dog Wanderer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Near Walla Walla Washington (about 10 miles south)
    Shop with bike lift/tools
    a few acres for tenting
    Washer/Dryer
    Some good riding up in the mountains close by.
    MaNDan likes this.
  15. PJ Bren

PJ Bren Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Located in Sandstone, WV between Beckley and Lewisburg just off I-64.
    PM Me, Email at pjbrenner@gmail.com, or Call/Text 304 445 6585
    Tent Space and/or Futon Available - many acres available for exploring
    Have a fully equipped shop and can do everything from fix flats to rebore your cylinders.

We're farmers and are generally busy during daylight hours during the spring/summer/fall months but we love to have guests. Excellent riding surrounds us and we'd be happy to show you some of it if we can make it work with our schedules. If not, stop by anyways for beers, supper, and bullshitting!
  16. Neonasty

Neonasty Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm located in Cockatoo, Victoria, Australia. Its about an hour out of Melbourne in the Dandenong ranges. Its a beautiful small town, popular with motorcycle riders throughout the year. I'm near a great State forrest for exoloring and can show you some of outer Melbourne's best motorcycle roads.

I've got space for a tent on my sloped block, or you can put it up on a hard surface under cover.

I've got a workshop to help with any work you need and can store a bike for a while if required.

Shower, cooking facilities available, wifi, etc.

You'll have to share the yard with my friendly German Shepard, who'll lick you to death.

Contact me via email in my profile for more info.
    Oldschoolrocker and mysz74 like this.
  17. zembu

zembu Maine snow riding is the BEST

Oddometer:
    My wife and I have toured many countries by bike and love to meet other two-wheeled travelers now that we have a home of our own in Portland, Maine.
    We live 2 miles from downtown, with a garage, a nice yard for camping, and lots of tools.
    LOTS OF GOODIES TO OFFER:
    Garage and tools
    Welder (at a friend's shop)
    Bike/RV/Trailer parking
    Tent if yours is broken
    Shower, laundry, grill
    Friendly cats
    Easy walk to library, grocery store and public transport if you want to spend time checking out the TONS of local breweries (some are walking distance)
    Small bike recovery (in my minivan)
    Fast Internet
    Firewood/chiminea
    Lots of motivation if you're feeling beaten down by the road
    Address to securely ship to
    Maine hospitality
    Feel free to text: 415-505-0304 (but ALSO PLEASE send message through ADV DM)

The sooner you get in touch, the more likely we'll be able to host you! Please add us to The Map!
  18. mike oxbig

mike oxbig Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Was on here before but I cannot see a pin. Plenty of tent space on a quiet dairy farm. Have hosted a couple of riders and were good experiences... 43.21069 -80.90060. Half a hour east of London Ontario. Shinessholsteinslimited@gmail.com or text 5one9three1nine0one75
    MaNDan likes this.
  19. High Country Herb

High Country Herb Adventure Connoiseur

Oddometer:
    We are in east Sonora, California. We are about 5 minutes off highway 108, and about 1 hour 20 minutes from Yosemite National Park. Coordinates: 38.0110885, -120.2795763

We have a spare bedroom/bathroom when we're home. We also have room for 2-3 tents outside, a BBQ grill, and a fire pit.

The driveway is steep, but there is plenty of room to park around our place. We have very little traffic in our neighborhood. We have tools and space to work on bikes.

If you give us prior notice, we would be happy to provide food and drink for travelers. I'd even be willing to be the designated driver for downtown Sonora and its many brew pubs. Text me at 209-601-7391.
  20. flei

flei cycletherapist

Oddometer:
    We are located in beautiful rural Western Massachusetts, 10" from Amherst, 1.5 hours from Boston and close to great ADV riding in MA, NH, VT and NY. Quick access (20") to some well-known ADV routes like the Puppy Dog, TMT, NEBDR, Hampster, etc.. There is room to park your truck and trailer and plenty of space to camp. If tenting you can use our kitchen, bathroom, shower, etc.. Sometimes, depending on who is around, we might have an extra room w/bed in the house you can stay in. Various tools are available for working on your bike if needed. There's usually beer in the fridge, but can't guarantee it.

Contact me via PM/Convo if you're interested.