Tent Space Sign-Up Thread

Discussion in 'Trip Planning' started by geode, Jul 4, 2006.

1. High Country Herb

High Country Herb Adventure Connoiseur

Oddometer:
    We are in east Sonora, California. We are about 5 minutes off highway 108, and about 1 hour 20 minutes from Yosemite National Park. Coordinates: 38.0110885, -120.2795763

We have a spare bedroom/bathroom when we're home. We also have room for 2-3 tents outside, a BBQ grill, and a fire pit.

The driveway is steep, but there is plenty of room to park around our place. We have very little traffic in our neighborhood. We have tools and space to work on bikes.

If you give us prior notice, we would be happy to provide food and drink for travelers. I'd even be willing to be the designated driver for downtown Sonora and its many brew pubs. Text me at 209-601-7391.
  2. flei

flei cycletherapist

Oddometer:
    We are located in beautiful rural Western Massachusetts, 10" from Amherst, 1.5 hours from Boston and close to great ADV riding in MA, NH, VT and NY. Quick access (20") to some well-known ADV routes like the Puppy Dog, TMT, NEBDR, Hampster, etc.. There is room to park your truck and trailer and plenty of space to camp. If tenting you can use our kitchen, bathroom, shower, etc.. Sometimes, depending on who is around, we might have an extra room w/bed in the house you can stay in. Various tools are available for working on your bike if needed. There's usually beer in the fridge, but can't guarantee it.

Contact me via PM/Convo if you're interested.
  3. Zauberlaub

Zauberlaub n00b

Oddometer:
    Located in Germany. City is Koblenz (postal code 56076) in Rhineland-Pfalz.
    Have a spare room for you. Wifi, shower, kitchen etc for sure.
    Maybe some space in the garage for your bike.
    Some tools as well.
    Contact via forum/PM.
    Montford, Nttra, MaNDan and 1 other person like this.
  4. Grouchyboat

Grouchyboat n00b

Oddometer:
    Terre Haute, Indiana
    Right off I-70
    I have extra beds and couches, a large shop, and a truck and trailer.
    Contact me at grouchyboat@gmail.com if you need a place.
    Boondox and MaNDan like this.
  5. Intclimb

Intclimb n00b

Oddometer:
    Plenty of space for tents, small shop with a lot of tools, BBQ, shower near Dessau in Saxony-Anhalt. Since I travel a lot send me an PM a few days in advance.
  6. xuankar

xuankar n00b

Oddometer:
    Cordoba, SPAIN

SERVICE OFFERED
    Couchs in my CLUB HOUSE "MAS GAS"
    Garage and basic tools
    Bike parking
    Hot Shower
    Internet
    Cold Beer

You can contact with me: xuankar77@gmail.com
    or by whatsapp: +34 665 80 97 56
    Montford and Nttra like this.
  7. bykergrrl

bykergrrl Stop the destruction of the USPS

Oddometer:
    PANAMA - about 20 miles from the border with Costa Rica [Rio Sereno border crossing] and near the town of Volcan.
    PM for exact location and whether we'll be in Panama.
    Have bedroom, workshop with tools and motorcycle lift, also space for tents.
    Hot springs not far away as well as good riding.
    NSFW and Macho Man2 like this.
  8. KingJacobo

KingJacobo Exploring

Oddometer:
    I'm in Atlanta, GA (zip 30342) an hour and a half south of the North GA mountains in Buckhead.
    I have a large, extremely comfy sectional couch that can sleep two in my gated apartment.
    It's the furthest thing from tenting it, but it is a nice central area in Atlanta.
    Parking for any bikes is in a parking garage, minor repairs can be done. I have very few tools and can only assist in simple fixes. I'm no mechanic but can lend a hand, if needed.
    Metric, Harley and Euro shops are all within 30 min.

Have a shower, eat good food and let's talk about our adventures. I can let you know what the better areas are on and off pavement in the GA mountains.
    email: NewmanJa@Live.com or PM me here on advrider.
    chittyrox and MaNDan like this.
  9. Gundecker

Gundecker aka fng

Oddometer:
    Biloxi Ms. 39532 ,5 minutes south of I-10. Between New Orleans La. to the west and Mobile Al. to the east.
    Yard for tent space,backs up to 80 acres of woods.
    Spare room w/ bathroom,shower.
    Garage with tools.
    BBQ and fire pit ,fenced back yard,secure
    Minutes from a small Walmart,liquor store and tattoo place.
    I have several dogs and cats, just to letting you know. All friendly
    228-385 7730. Text with ADV in there somewhere. Or em Gundecker57@yahoo.com.
    wadethewanderer and MaNDan like this.
  10. tpresten

tpresten RideUmAll

Oddometer:
    3172 Old Cornelia Hwy, Gainesville, GA 30507. Tent space, indoor tent space, outdoor shower, 31 acres with a river, garage, trailer, etc. Located with excellent access to the North Georgia mountains.
    wadethewanderer, chittyrox and MaNDan like this.
  11. brianbrannon

brianbrannon They'll ride up with wear

Oddometer:
    1396 chester st Aurora, CO 80010
    Privacy fenced backyard and garage. Mechanic and have a motorcycle tow bar for emergencies
    MaNDan, Jamie Z and Macho Man2 like this.
  12. Bearded Hooligan

Bearded Hooligan Moto Addict

Oddometer:
    Just checked the map since I havent heard from anyone lately and I am no longer listd on the map. Please re-add me to the map. Thank you.
  13. wipfel

wipfel Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've got two spare bedrooms in a house, each with a dedicated bath in Brentwood, TN about 12 miles south of downtown Nashville.
    3 miles away from I-65, about 20 minutes from the northern terminus of the Natchez Trace and about 3-4 hours from the Smokies.
    Two car garage that's mostly empty for motorcycle parking with some basic tools, air compressor, etc.
    Let me know a few days in advance as I travel a good bit.
    PM me here or email me at wipfel at gmx dot com.
    wadethewanderer, chittyrox and MaNDan like this.
  14. Louise N

Louise N Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi
    I believe in "pay it forward" and have stayed with a couple of really hospitable ADVhosts in the US some 11 years ago.
    Originally from Denmark, now living in the most northern part of Arctic Norway, approximately 200 US miles south of North Cape.
    Upon request, tent space is allways free and available. I recommend open air hammocking and tenting on one of the immaculate, scenic spots around the property, which always has availability. There's always a reason to make a good campfire by the shore or in the back yard.
    When I'm home, you can also access shared facilities (kitchen and bathroom).
    When available, I might be able to accommodate you in the simple guest cabin, or you can use the old barn for workshop and sleep over.
    I live in a very remote rural district, and have a secluded beach in the bottom of the fiord, if you're into cold swims.
    My back yard mountain is awesome for even the shortest hikes up to a lake in which you can fish trout or just relax. More fishing lakes on my property above treeline. I'm also just a couple of kilometres from a wild salmon river.
    I have a decent amount of tools for repair, and can receive tires and spares on my address if you need to order along the way to or from North Cape. Also somewhat connected to local suppliers in Storslett and Alta.
    NB: Bring a mosquitonet...
    Location: Kvænangen, 69.750375, 22.1318827, about 9 US miles from E6, the main E-road going through Norway.
    I'd appreciate a heads up if you wish to stop by. Don't hesitate to contact me, especially in case of bad weather.

Attached Files:

DannoT, mysz74, NSFW and 12 others like this.
  15. Sir Ride A Lot

Sir Ride A Lot n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi Guys, I planned for 2 years to come to the states to travel this amazing country, see some amazing places, and to meet heaps of incredible people that are on this site. So 8 weeks total duration of trip. I landed in Houston on the 13th of May. Taking a couple of days to get my bearings and sort out a bike. So organised the first week of my journey meeting 3 different people on the site.
    Only to find out that my really expensive travel insurance would not pay if I should land in hospital with the virus. My family back in Australia were freaking out and it was only prudent I get a flight back to Australia ASAP. Well I found a flight leaving that afternoon, lucky as 90% of flights had already been cancelled. Well I am home now and in 14 days quarantine.
    I live in Perth Western Australia, I would like to offer up 2 spare rooms, garage and workshop, a
    lawn space and shower. I have local knowledge of bike mechanics and tyre shops and some good tracks. So drop buy stay a while, share some stories over a brew.
    email me nigelcrisp69@gmail.com and I will give you my Cell number.
    NSFW, wadethewanderer, wipfel and 5 others like this.
  16. dogjaw

dogjaw plays well alone

Oddometer:
    Charlie Bravo's dad here; approx 40 miles south of the TAT , Little Rock, AR. three acres available to camp out back, but no one ever has, as they always end up crashing in the spare bedroom. Garage and storage space also available for trailers, etc. We were on the TSCT at one time, but for some reason our info is gone and we want back on! We have met some of the coolest folks ever...

34.606974, -92.357102
  17. brbo

brbo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hello I am just south of Ottawa, Ontario Canada in Kemptville. I'm 2 minutes off Hwy 416

I have room for tents out back, parking, BBQ, and a fire pit.

I'm at the end of a dead end road so it's very safe for travels with gear. I have some tools and space to work on bikes.

Just send me a PM through here and I will provide my Cell and location
    MaNDan likes this.
  18. MTvtwin

MTvtwin noob rymes with boob hehe

Oddometer:
    If your looking at riding both Glacier and Yellowstone National parks and want to hang in the middle get a hold of us. We are located in the Ruby Valley high in Tobacco Roots and offer creekside or high overlook camping. We have a cabin with wet bar and Shower, and would love to hear ADV stories and share a meal.

Hill ADV
    82 Moose Lane
    Sheridan MT 59743

*Google does not show actual address, PM for GIS

Was able to ride both parks this summer in (7) days with Friends with ample time to explore.

Shop available and can arrange supplies etc. BMW code, and will assist in maintenance and tire replacement: Montucky Cold Snacks on hand..... Maps and courses to get to parks via mountains. Both dirt and tarmac
    2young, Macho Man2, skibum69 and 2 others like this.
  19. Jman209

Jman209

Oddometer:
    Lots of room in Le Grand California 95333
    1.5 hours from Yosemite
    Plenty of tent spots in almond orchard
    Possibly room in rv with bed and shower for those who need it.
    Full shop with tools, air compressor, welder.
    Pool, hot tub, bbq.
    addressrock@hotmail.com
    Glenn247, Macho Man2 and MaNDan like this.
  20. cyrider

cyrider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Ames, Iowa.
    Shop with a bike lift and most tools you could need for anything.
    Willing to have packages/parts shipped here and I can help with repairs if needed.
    Beer Fridge usually full, if it isn't my neighbors will be.

PM me through the forum.