Terrorflex

Discussion in 'KTM 950/990' started by cagiva549, Jan 3, 2007.

1. cagiva549

cagiva549 whats a cagiva

Oddometer:
    Just for the hell of it I decided that I wanted a Knobby instead of a TKC so I found a Terrorflex 140/80 18 and mounted it on my spare rim . Last weekend I mounted it in the bike in Big Bend to see what . What is , I havent had so much fun on a bike since I sold my 2 smokes . That 500 lb bike rips snorts and shreads , there are trenches in River road from Black Gap to Castolon , I'm sorry , I couldn't help my self . I forgot I'm an old man riding a big adventure bike , It slides corners like a 250 smoker , it roosts till you have to slide into the next corner , rips thru deep sand effortlessly and spits gravel on any body you pass cuss they sure didn't catch you . This is the first time I have felt really comfortable on this bike off road since I bought it . I have been a lot of places with the Perrili and TKC but with the Terror I could point and gas it and blast thru whatever I wanted . I never used all the suspension till now . On the highway over 70 is uncomfortable feeling , I see the need for a steering damper now , lean angles were a little less radicale . I pushed it just to see how things felt , definatly not as stable as the Perrili but grip was positive on the pavement . Tire life is going to be an issue , probaly around a 1,000 miles but if I do it all in the dirt its going to be a fun 1,000 miles . 300 this weekend took the top third off the center knobs off , about half of that was dirt and half rock . When this ones gone I will buy another . SEYA
  2. scottr

scottr Banned

Oddometer:
    Pedernales R., Tx Hill Country (Ihadthisavatar1st)
    Effing TEASE!

:fyyff

:jose
  3. ktmnate

ktmnate Long timer

Oddometer:
    What he said. I would also like to add "If there aren't any pictures, it didn't happen"

Nate
  4. osteo

osteo Motion is Life

Oddometer:
    pictures, pictures, pictures.!!!!!!
  5. cagiva549

cagiva549 whats a cagiva

Oddometer:
    I dont take pictures , if you want to see it you shoulda been there . And if you want to feel it try one on . I dont live in the past , I dont live in the future , I live for now . SEYA
  6. NothingClever

NothingClever Dirt Winger

Oddometer:
    Allllllrighty then........

[​IMG]

Look like some squirrely, chunk-shedding marvels to me.

Tell you what, you can have my share.

:lol3 :rofl :lol3
  7. scottr

scottr Banned

Oddometer:
    An ee don't take a joke, niether!

:raabia
  8. osteo

osteo Motion is Life

Oddometer:
    Thanks NothingClever - a very factual picture, just what the doctor asked for! :lol3

D
  9. cagiva549

cagiva549 whats a cagiva

Oddometer:
    Still running the TKC front , the 21 is good and yes I was concernd about chuncking the terror . After serious abuse in a lot of rock of all kinds all the knobs are still there , just not as tall as they started out . Didn't mean to come off sounding sharp , picts are a waste , if it is somewhere good I'll go back , if it sucks nobody wants to see it anyway . SEYA
  10. scottr

scottr Banned

Oddometer:
    Big Dog put Terraflex on his Husky at one point. Don't remember his report on the tire. I know he's run at least one of them down to nil.
  11. teabagger

teabagger Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have said it several times before; there is NO substitute for Huge-Ass Knobs, even if they do chunk off on sharp rocky shale...I'll be at Jimmy Lewis' 2 day school in Primm, NV Jan 13-14, running them there, if anyone wants to see some Major League Roosting....These are cheap too, making their short lives acceptable....

JM
    LA, CA
  12. codys

codys Lost in the Vizcaino

Oddometer:
    Can these be much better than a 908RR?? Novice on difference among dirt tires and just doing a visual comparo :D . 1k miles comes quick sometimes and always takes a bit of pavement for me to get to the good stuff :cry .
  13. ktmhk53

ktmhk53 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Greetings,
    The Terrorflex is great... until you have to fix a flat in one trailside...:huh

ktmhk53
  14. robdogg

robdogg turnip truck driver

Oddometer:
    then you prolly don't want this tire <shrug>

I personally wouldn't run it anywhere that I had to do more then a few miles of pavement.. it would simply be a waste IMHO

still, I'm thinking it would be a great choice for me for the Desert 100 coming up in a couple of months :evil
  15. =RANDY=

=RANDY= Lanky Adventurer

Oddometer:
    What do y'all s'pose would be a big gun to strap to the bow of the ol' battleship fitty? Somethin that keeps tha balance better'n Ma after she takes'r meds.
  16. teabagger

teabagger Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Guess it depends on what you're going after....illegal aliens/drug runners/"Coyotes."
  17. =RANDY=

=RANDY= Lanky Adventurer

Oddometer:
    :lol3
    Okay, thanks for playing. Seriously, whats the biggest front knobby with appropriately stiff sidewalls that can be put on the 950? All I've seen are 90/90's, but even then, actual sizes tend to vary a fair amount (as is obvious with the Terrorflex, 908rr, etc.) I know some of you guys have tried every tire under the sun, so I'm curious if you noticed any of them having a larger footprint than the others. All I've tried is the Karoo and D606 fronts. I didn't notice much of a difference in size. It would be nice to have some traction up front after hitting warp speed in the dirt with the Flex...
  18. cagiva549

cagiva549 whats a cagiva

Oddometer:
    I have a TKC with 2,000 miles on front , it shows it's ware . I was suprised at how well it worked . I only rember washing out the front end in two cornors and both had a good sized grader berm to set it in , no problem once it stopped sliding at the berm I gassed it to the next one . I only have one front wheel and the TKC works good on or off road . I'll stick with it for now . SEYA
  19. KTRMN8R

KTRMN8R Sand Camel

Oddometer:
    Must admit that I am partial to dah Ma Deuce 50 Cal. 'cause if you can see it, after just enough trees have died,... you WILL kill the fucker!:clap
  20. ATAK

ATAK Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hello, I am going to Mongolia and take wilh me a pair of contie's for normal use and terraflex rear and mt 21 front for the offroad in kasachstan, kirgisie and mongolia. I will let you know how it held during the trip.

Here is a plan of our trip, we leave 26 mai 2007 for three month's.