TET Albania and more Offroad Adventures

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by MotoPet, Jul 2, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Saso

Saso Happily sporting the DRD4 gene Supporter

Oddometer:
    Man, those are some well deserved beers.
    Thanks for this terrific RR. Love reading TET reports but gotta say I'd like a word with some of these Linesmen...:dirtdog
    joenuclear likes this.
  2. Cyclenaut

Cyclenaut Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Great RR & photos !
  3. MotoPet

MotoPet Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I do not really blame the Linesmen. A lot of the problems are cause by erosion. And the hard part at the mine section would be possible to goaraound, I assume. Afterwards I saw on the map an alternate trail, although I do not know how good that one would have been.:hmmmmm

Thanks.:-)
    Saso likes this.
  4. MotoPet

MotoPet Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Day 17

The goal for today was to ride the other part we missed an the TET. It is a quite famous track looping into a valley with a small village named Theth. The south part of the loop is still the rough track what made it famous, the north part is rebuild nicely and becomes a fully paved mountain road and was closed when we had been at the start of our trip.

First we passed an artificial lake on very nice sweeping paved road towards the town of Shkoder. There are almost no picture as we have ridden this section of the TET before.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Refueled in Shkoder and started the south trail towards Theth. The road began paved but became quickly rough gravel. The view was breathtaking all the way. I let the pictures tell the story here.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We had arranged a place to stay the night. It was an traditional house where we enjoyed the well deserved starters before the dinner.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  5. EGUS

EGUS n00b

Oddometer:
    Brilliant RR!! in 3 weeks I will be following your traces, can't wait for it!!!
    spokester and MotoPet like this.
  6. bombermonk

bombermonk Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I went the other way, first the new road to Theth and then back with the rough gravel. I would say this was the highlight of TET Albania for me.
  7. MotoPet

MotoPet Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Day 18

The morning was cold and rainy. We had no rush so we waited for the rain to ease and had a long breakfast. Leaving the village we hit the construction of the road and realized that the well maintained part will be soon all the way to the village. Further up the mountain the snow walls on the side of the road showed us why the road was closed not too long ago.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Then there was fog for a bit and of course snow.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The rest of the way to the Montenegro border was uneventful and after all this spectacular sceneries the past days a bit mellow.

[​IMG]

Did I just say uneventful? Well I had another breakdown. The other bearing on my rear wheel had broken and so we searched for a place to stay and repair my bearing just past the border. Thankful I had a complete set of bearings with me. Sorry no pics here.
  8. MotoPet

MotoPet Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Day 19

We wanted to ride the TET of Montenegro as well, but to make it short, that was denied by nature.

After a nice ride into the mountains we hid soon snow blocking the way.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So we decided to ride towards our van parked in Croatia and enjoy some time there.

At the coast it was much warmer and that made the early end of our TET journey a bit sweeter.

[​IMG]

The End.
    Hope you enjoyed this RR and maybe find some inspiration to go out there yourself and have fun.
  9. allroadtoine

allroadtoine Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thnx for sharing this trip.
    Great story and wonderfull fotoos !

Greetings,

Toine
  10. joenuclear

joenuclear Still here....

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the RR. I really enjoyed the story and the pictures.
    I have a different perspective of those countries now.
  11. malloy

malloy Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Outstanding. So much pretty. Thank you.:clap:clap:clap:clap
  12. Critic

Critic More or less!

Oddometer:
    West of the Illinois, heart of the state!
    Great RR and well done, Thanks
  13. KTMInduro

KTMInduro Off Road Montster Supporter

Oddometer:
    Stunning.

I had long term plans to do the Balkans TET last month with a friend from the US but the covid situation made everything too uncertain to travel from Indo .

I now know what we missed. :beccaHopefully 2022.

Thanks for a great ride report.
  14. MotoPet

MotoPet Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well, you are allowed to travel to europe, unlike we into the US.
    So it is not too late. Should be fine till mid-end of september.
  15. KTMInduro

KTMInduro Off Road Montster Supporter

Oddometer:
    Indonesia is a red zone at the moment .I can't deal with the potential quarantine requirements that this creates. Think I'll wait until next year.
  16. MotoPet

MotoPet Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I understand that. hopefully next year will be a better one for international travel.
  17. MotoPet

MotoPet Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for following.:clap
    joenuclear likes this.
  18. pip_muenster

pip_muenster curious

Oddometer:
    Excellent, I just finished reading this for the 2nd time! I've been in Albania a couple of times and recognized some parts, such as the stone arc bridge and the rusted bulldozer. But most of this route is new to me and I'd love to go back in 2022 to do this. @Maddin, you're interested?
    I prefer September for Albania: the weather is still nice but the snow is gone and the tracks are less likely to be muddy.

@NSFW - Montenegro has a great road network with a unique, stunning scenery, a great place for bikes. But nowhere else did I face so many cars coming around blind corners in the middle of the road.
  19. NSFW

NSFW who else would love noobs? Super Supporter

Oddometer:

thanks Motopet....great job on your epic ride. you guys brought the best of Albania.

i will be tuning in for your next trip. i know you've been to the US, but if you find your way to Southern California....look me up. if the timing is right, meaning i'm home, you're welcome to stay at my place.

i'm planning to do the coastal Balkans this September, thanks for the tip....and caution on crazy drivers.
  20. MotoPet

MotoPet Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks, I totally agree with semptember beeing a better time.
    As my original plans for this year have been shattered I try to make the best out of the time given.

More will come for sure, just a matter of time.
    The US was on the table for the past two years, doing CDT and PCT, well maybe next year. So maybe I will take you up on the offer. ;-)

Next plan is to do TET Rumania and possible Serbia starting the coming weeks.:D