Tewster's Traveling Circus 2018 (Alaska planning stuff)

Discussion in 'Americas' started by Tewster2, Aug 8, 2017.

1. Rapturee2

Rapturee2 Una Stamus/Thin Blue Line Supporter

Oddometer:
    Due south of Tucson, through Nogales and several hours south is "Rocky Point". I've been there dozens of times in the mid-late 80's. It used to be a beautiful place to go and spend some vacation time. There was a place down in La Cholla Bay called JJ's Cantina that had served huge steaks, baked potatoes and a veggie with a cold beverage of your choice for $3.00 USD! That was then, i'm sure it isn't anywhere near that price now-a-days! I haven't been there in decades now since i moved away and have called northern Idaho home now for 27 years. Anyway, they had several signs, shirts, hats and plaques hangin' around that all said "JJ's Cantina, No Sniveling".

What i remember the most was the great food, clean beaches, uniformed military walking the beaches with their AK74's, vendors walking up and down the beach selling fresh seafood from the days catch. Good times, look it up if you get that way Tim!! Fire some up on the Barbie for me while you're there!! Heh, i just thought to look it up, you can find it at JJsCantina dot com :{)
    Tewster2 and Hi-De-Ho like this.
  2. Hi-De-Ho

Hi-De-Ho Mad Scientist Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I was there, and ate there, last September. Our annual ride...Three Flags Classic that started in Canada, ended in Puerto Penasco, Mexico, aka..Rocky Point.
    We had dinner one afternoon at JJ's Cantina. Still there, still rowdy, and still great food.

This year our 42nd annual ride starts in Rocky Point, and ends in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
    Rapturee2 likes this.
  3. Rapturee2

Oddometer:
    HH, do you folks take the 93, the 15 or another way when you come up?? :{)
    Hi-De-Ho likes this.
  4. Hi-De-Ho

Hi-De-Ho Mad Scientist Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    While this is a discussion that should be held on another thread....as this thread is about TT's Circus going north to Alaska in 2018....I can tell you briefly that between mexico and Canada we have checkpoints that all riders MUST check in at. This year, after leaving Mexico, riders must stop in Gallup, NM.....Rawlins, WY....then Great Falls, MT.....then to the finish in Calgary.
    Rapturee2 likes this.
  5. Rapturee2

Oddometer:
    Roger that! :{)
    Hi-De-Ho and Tewster2 like this.
  6. TUCKERS

TUCKERS the famous james

Oddometer:
    Villa Maria Sanitarium, Claremont, CA. USA
    TTC is AWESOME!
    Hi-De-Ho and Tewster2 like this.
  7. djroszina

djroszina Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Well, I've got some extra walking around money for the trip. I just sold my walleye boat. I bought it 6 years ago used, it's a 2003 with a 150hp Merc Verado. I sold it for what I paid for it...fishermen are nuts, and these boats are really going up in price for new and the used market is pretty hot for guys looking for a relative deal. At least I still have my jon boat.
    Bacca, CavReconSGT, rubline and 2 others like this.