Texas Adventure Riders check in here

Discussion in 'Tejas and the Gulf States' started by Tourmeister, Jan 13, 2005.

1. mmweld

mmweld Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Where are you looking? We are in Jacksboro Texas which is just north of Fort Worth ( more north than east)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. fargenable

fargenable n00b

Oddometer:
    Right now I am shooting for Houston and south, Austin, San Antonio, or any way a long the eastern coast. Thanks for the quick reply!
  3. craftkr

craftkr "Carpe Diem"

Oddometer:
    When you looking to stage it, and how far south you going? I'm in Rockport, about 30 min up the coast from Corpus Christi.
  4. jettech01

jettech01 Why be cleaning when you should be leaning.

Oddometer:
    Randy Here

Currently living in NW Houston (Cypress) will be relocating to my property just outside of Salem Ark in about 3 years.
    Always enjoy a ride when work permits. Not much dirt in my recent past but rode a dirt bike as primary transport through many
    trails and back dirt roads when a Teenager.....an old fart now so looking for fun without as much risk of beating myself up so badly.
    :lol3
  5. rdm197apd

rdm197apd n00b

Oddometer:
    Hello All!

According to the moderator, this is where I should say hi, and introduce myself. My names Rick, and I am addicted to riding. I have had many bikes over the years to include cruisers, a KLR650, a few Harleys, and currently an Africa Twin. After buying the bike on Black Friday, I have gone a little nuts with the credit card... full cage from Altrider, along with their skid plate, Oxford heated grips, and a set of Tusk panniers. I just got my tires in today, so I'll likely be installing them throughout the week. I'm looking forward to racking up the miles, and find some trails or other off road riding. If there is anyone wanting to go to, or planning a trip to Bridgeport or other OHV parks, let me know, as I'd like to tag along. Additionally, I'd like to do some training too, so if anyone is getting together to practice, please let me know.

I'm still working on my profile, so if there are any stalkers, you wont see much yet.
  6. 2old2Bbold

2old2Bbold was 2bold2getold

Oddometer:
    Might want to add your location so folks in your area can respond.
  7. rdm197apd

rdm197apd n00b

Oddometer:
    Excellent observation.... done!
  8. professorkx

professorkx Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just took a new position that will have me in the DFW area about 50% of the time. Decided I can't be anywhere 50% of the time without a bike, so I'm picking up a 2018 KTM 1090 this week as soon as they have my helmets in stock. The folks in the Triumph forum are familiar with my off road posts and the insanity I put my 800xc through, but man is it flat in Texas...and not much public land.

My property in Washington is about 10 miles from Idaho, so it's easy to ride 300+ miles on a Saturday that is almost all dirt in the mountains. Going to be hard to get that many dirt miles in Texas, but hoping to hook up with DFW inmates that can help me find dirt within 5 hours of the DFW area.

Will take me a couple weeks to get used to the 1090 and I'll be ready to hit some dirt.
    Mudclod likes this.
  9. twilliams817

twilliams817 n00b

Oddometer:
    Howdy...new forum member and proud owner of a bmw r1200gs. hope to get a little dirty in the near future when I know the bike a bit better and work on my skills a bit too.
    Mudclod likes this.
  10. Cycledelic Relic

Cycledelic Relic follow old goatpath

Oddometer:
    If you want hillyness.... West & SW of Ft Worth is the direction to head. Gonna be mostly paved (but fun!) lil county roads in Parker Hood & Somervell counties... Bosque Mills Erath have lots o gravel roads & still hilly.... As a matter o fact...the hills keep goin south to the west of San Antonio.
    Generally..between US281 & I35 is almost all paved (again.....but fun!) from DFW to SanAntone
    Get a Roads of Texas atlas to see all the great county roads. Butler Maps Texas Hill Country is good too (I stock their complete catalog)

If its dirt you want... Then east Texas has more of that on county roads thru the trees. I dont kno as much about the stuff to the east since Im more of a paved goatpath guy & theres more of those just west of I35.

Theres also a great forum presence here on the Two Wheeled Texans forum... Lots of dirt oriented riders to meet up with. Heck...just lots of riders period!

Sent from my LGL62VL using Tapatalk
    SkizzMan likes this.
  11. SlowBo

SlowBo n00b

Oddometer:
    Hello everyone - SlowBo here.

I live in northeast Texas, between I20 and I30, directly north of Tyler in Wood County. I am originally from DFW, and I am still very connected to the northeast part of that region (Collin, Hunt Counties).

I have been riding dirtbikes for about 30 years, and even raced some TORO / TCCRA for a few years. With family and life, my beloved '05 KTM 450 EXC was pushed aside. Fast forward 10 years, and I have brought the 'ol girl back to life. I am in the midst of arranging things to have her road ready, inspected and tagged. I'm not sure I'll be racing again anytime soon, but the EXC on pavement and some gravel is a step in the right direction.

In years past, I have ridden some dualsport in SE Oklahoma and western Arkansas. I live near Barnwell Mountain OHV, although I have been in quite a long time. I need to ride more! Anybody nearby?

Glad to have found ADVrider, and look forward to finding new paved and unpaved trails to ride!
    Mudclod and SkizzMan like this.
  12. Mudclod

Mudclod Mojo Moto

Oddometer:
    Wish I lived closer. Barnwell's a blast. I raced TCCRA there couple times.
  13. BoomerE30

BoomerE30 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Houston, TX here.... the land of not hills and no turns
  14. TxRoadDog

TxRoadDog Shut up and ride

Oddometer:
    Head west. IF you can ride FM1458, FM3090, and FM1291 and tell me we don't have curves...
    BoomerE30 likes this.
  15. swingset

swingset Got the knack.

Oddometer:
    Just relocated to Austin from Central Ohio. Loving the weather and the city is fun and interesting so far, but I haven't explored much on 2 wheels yet. Hill Country west of here is obviously the good stuff, and then a day's ride to other states like NM and Arkansas are in my future I'm sure. Only brought my Strom out with me, so I'll be relegated to light offroad.

I'll miss the riding in the Ohio Valley, and the community of riders there is awesome, but looking forward to exploring here and getting to know some of the ADV guys in the Lone Star state.
    racercorky, thewbee, Mudclod and 2 others like this.
  16. Halen

Halen Suerte O Muerte

Oddometer:
    Welcome to Austin!

Like you mentioned, tons of great riding just west of the city. You’re also close enough to Colorado and Mexico to add additional areas to check out.
    Woundflatout and SkizzMan like this.
  17. WoodButcher

WoodButcher Long timer

Oddometer:
    Welcome to Austin. Here's another site to check out: www.twtex.com We have a group that meets for lunch on Thursdays. Yep, lunch on Thursdays. Long story, but we finally found a time that worked and it has been going on for many years now.

Also a ride/camping in Kerrville next week. http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115914
    Halen likes this.
  18. Dao1

Dao1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I spend all afternoon just riding the streets of Austin. All twisties w/ elevation. It's that good!
    From my house: Shoal Creek blvd, Balcones Dr, scenic dr, Barton Springs rd, Lake Austin blvd, Mount Bonnell Rd, 2222, city park rd, lime creek rd, spicewood springs rd, Mesa Blvd, back home.
  19. SkizzMan

SkizzMan aka SkiddMark ;^)

Oddometer:
    That’s been my Urban Assault Ríde going back to the eighties. Still fun.
    Halen likes this.
  20. Cycledelic Relic

Cycledelic Relic follow old goatpath

Oddometer:
    Yep...gonna be a great weekend....swingset..come on out ta Kerrville

Sent from my LGL62VL using Tapatalk