1. eNewsletter Sign Up

Texas Adventure Riders check in here

Discussion in 'Tejas and the Gulf States' started by Tourmeister, Jan 13, 2005.

1. Cycledelic Relic

Cycledelic Relic follow old goatpath

Oddometer:
    There are some nice smooth county roads around....ya just hafta find em by trial & error....since the pavement can change sometimes after big rains.
    Enjoy the Butler map!
  2. Mopar63

Mopar63 n00b

Oddometer:
    Wayne here, live in North Fort Worth and looking for folks to ride with. Mostly ride NW of Ft. Worth FM's 455, 922 and further out. I have a 2016 Honda AT and a 2008 Triumph Rocket III, would really like to get the Honda AT off-road / dirt roads since that's what I grew up doing. I am older, the bike in my avatar is the same year / model of my first ride.
    Wayne
    Kbgleim likes this.
  3. c_m_shooter

c_m_shooter Ninja Warrior Supporter

Oddometer:
    Not really any dirt roads around, Wise county paved everything over 10 years ago. The off road parks have all been overrun with quad-tards, so not much trail riding anymore. Check out the 2 Wheeled Texans forum, we have a get together in fort worth most tuesdays. We are going to Charlie's burgers on Old Granbury road tomorow.
    Mopar63 likes this.
  4. pathmaker

pathmaker Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi Wayne, just got back into riding a couple years ago after a long break. Now empty nest status gives me time to get out and explore. Live closer to DFW in Colleyville but always looking for company. Enjoy the area northwest of Denton as well. Just upgraded to Triumph Scrambler 1200XE and finished break in. Let’s get together next time we get a cooler day.
    Mopar63 likes this.
  5. Mopar63

Mopar63 n00b

Oddometer:
    My boss is a quad -tard and even he has complained about how bad the "motorcycle parks" we used to ride at are. I signed up on 2 Wheeled Texans also as suggested, I think I ran into some of those guys on a Friday night at burger box? I came by right as the group was leaving.
  6. Mopar63

Mopar63 n00b

Oddometer:
    I live off Rufe Snow and work in Roanoke, I got off work Wednesday and went to Forestburg and around the area and was still home in time for dinner, will look you up one weekend.
  7. shadman

shadman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey Richard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peter
    Mopar63 likes this.
  8. Ed M

Ed M Collector of RFIDs

Oddometer:
    My name is Ed Morris, I moved to West Fort Worth from central Missouri in January of this year. I sold my KTM 690 before leaving MO, and picked up a lightly used 2018 KTM 500 EXC a few months ago. I've ridden the 500 at Twin Hills over by Bridgeport, and found a dual sport loop online that goes around Jacksboro, other than that I haven't ridden it very much. In MO I would car camp at a state park, and go do day trips riding nearby gravel and dirt roads. Any good suggestions for doing that here? I have ventured onto the Two Wheeled Texans site. Biggest problem is I work evenings, which makes it a PITA for Tuesday evening meetups.
  9. c_m_shooter

c_m_shooter Ninja Warrior Supporter

Oddometer:
    The KTM is pretty much a waste of a good bike around here unless you are going to race enduros with it. I used to ride Twinn Hills a lot, but thought they had closed recently. If you want to car camp, you can go to Big Bend, but that is a long ways away.
  10. Ed M

Ed M Collector of RFIDs

Oddometer:
    Twin Hills is still open, not a bad place to ride some dirt. I'm thinking about hitting some other places this fall, possibly going to some of the open ride days on Saturdays before a Sunday race. I'm also contemplating a Big Bend ride in early November, anyone have any good tracks to share?
    Kbgleim likes this.
  11. onthetrail

onthetrail Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey TX Advriders!

My DR650 is quite sad. You see, I did the TAT from VA to Stillwater, OK and had to put the bike in storage 3 months back! :(

I've done the TAT back in 2017 but prefer not to go it alone (safety). I'd like to come back do a 5-10 day ride on the TAT from Stillwater, OK to Trinidad, CO (or further). Anyone up for a ride? I'd be an adventure and I'm willing to cover motel/hotel costs.

Thanks for considering! PM me anytime. I'm free October 7-16, October 21-Nov 4.
    Kbgleim likes this.
  12. Wayward Gypsy

Wayward Gypsy Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Moving to the Austin area soon. Coming from Virginia with the family in tow and my Africa Twin. Looking forward to exploring as much as I can. Tips welcomed!
    grandelatte and Ocho NA like this.
  13. bumpnthump05

bumpnthump05 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Howdy everyone, My name is Josh. I am in the Beaumont,TX area. AKA Southeast Texas (SETX) area. Looking for fellow ADV riders to ride with. Currently in process of trying to trade my 2018 KTM 690 Enduro R for a new Triumph Tiger 800 XCX. If there is anyone from around my area be sure to let me know so we can meet up sometime or of any events or rides going on! I would love to know also if its okay to post a new thread to try and find more local riders rather than someone seeing this tiny post or searching for the area.
    Thanks!
    grandelatte and Mudclod like this.
  14. Boulder Ed

Boulder Ed Bin Ridin

Oddometer:
    you will thank yourself a million times for trading the 690 for the Tiger 800. Its way more a road oriented ride like you need to cover tx and still get dirty.
    grandelatte likes this.
  15. bumpnthump05

bumpnthump05 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yeah soon after buying the ktm i realized that it's not good for long distance. Plus it's not a very big bike to load down with luggage
  16. RushA

RushA n00b

Oddometer:
    Hey All! My name is Adam. I recently moved to the DFW area from Ontario, Canada. I currently ride a CRF1000 and love to take it off the beaten path.

My last big ride was to the Arctic Circle,Yukon, in September 2018. Otherwise back home I'd spend most weekends throughout the summer and fall months riding rally events and trail riding throughout Ontario and Southern Quebec. I'm down to ride anything from open dirt roads to single-track trails, and really love the gnarly trails.

Work brings me to DFW for at least the next year. I'm looking for fellow ADV/Dual Sport riders to connect with and escape the metroplex.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2b1e.jpg

20907259_10154691657681479_413086651_o.jpg
  17. Wayward Gypsy

Wayward Gypsy Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm down in Austin with a 2017 AT. I hope our paths cross. I'm brand new to Texas as well.
  18. truckergemi

truckergemi Adventurer

Oddometer:
    If you don’t mind riding with a younger guy I just picked up my new KTM 790 Adventure R this last week. I grew up riding dirt trails, but after a decade of no off-road I’m definitely a low skilled beginner off-road rider again.
    Kbgleim likes this.
  19. Kbgleim

Kbgleim n00b

Oddometer:
    I’m in south Fort Worth next to TCU. Riding a KLR 650. Would love to meet up and tool around the metroplex.
  20. truckergemi

truckergemi Adventurer

Oddometer:
    You know of any good dirt areas around? I went out to Rocky Ridge Ranch out by Decatur last week. But it sounds good to me. I need someone to go on rides with. I’m in Hurst.