Texas ADVrider Photo Op

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by AA5IB, Jun 2, 2002.

1. AA5IB

AA5IB Wannabe Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Any ADVriders around central Texas interested in gathering at the Regency Suspension Bridge for a picture? Maybe we could make the cover of the BMW Owner News or Texmoto. We tried this a couple of years ago on the way to San Antonio to see Benka's slide presentation and it rained. Didn't make for the best photo, but the BBQ at the Cherokee Crossing in San Saba was still good and a bargain at $5.95 for all you can eat.

Attached Files:

2. Scary Mc

Scary Mc hellgrammite Supporter

Oddometer:
    In. Where the fuck is it?

-Scary
  3. AA5IB

AA5IB Wannabe Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:

It's NW of San Saba just off of Ranch Road 500 on CR ???. My Roads of Texas says CR 114 but I think they renumberd the County Roads couple of years ago and I can't remember the new number. It crosses the Colorado River.

Attached Files:

4. Stephen

Stephen Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm in, too, if it's after Texas Water Safari.

Great bridge, great views, great roads. My buddy took pics of me riding his R11GS and his R69 across. One of my favorite parts of Texas. Nicer when it's not summer.

I think you can tell from Randy's picture that the road surface of the bridge is wood. Suspension is bundled--not twisted--iron wires. Fascinating structure. And weird, from the south, you go UPhill to the bridge.

Hey, Gary, missed you in Blanco. I ate French toast and watched the Harley's. Jeez, Austin et environs were crawlin' with'em. Couldn't believe all the roadkill on Sunday (just coincidence) but with the bizarre traffic, made for kind of a grisly, almost depressing ride.
  5. bear

bear Guest

When, and if the bike is back from the shop I'll be there, I'll follow Scary.
  6. Yeeha!

Yeeha! Adventurer

Oddometer:
    When ya doin' this? Sometime in the fall when it gets a little cooler? Got commitments for the Smokies in June and the Rockies in July so I can't be there in early summer.

Yeeha!
    Stephen
  7. wesass

wesass 7.62

Oddometer:
    you alright scary?
  8. wesass

wesass 7.62

Oddometer:
    next time some of you klr dudes head out hit me a e-mail
  9. Scary Mc

Scary Mc hellgrammite Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hey Wheelieboy - yeah, gravel without gloves is a bit painful. But the scabs are almost healed...