Texas dirt motos

Discussion in 'Tejas and the Gulf States' started by pprO.R.A., Jan 16, 2020.

1. pprO.R.A.

pprO.R.A. Hipster Dufass

Oddometer:
    Hey all, just wanted to get some local opinions on the 2 wheel dirt riding at "Hidden Falls Adv Park" I have heard some interest from riding buddies and I know you guys can give some good intel.
    TIA
  2. ghostrider1964

ghostrider1964 Edumacated Red Neck

Oddometer:
    Watch out for Jeeps and other larger 4x4s. You will be a speed bump. Try to go through the week or when there are not a ton of Offroad clubs meeting there. Nice terrain but not well marked in some places or that was the case a while back.
    pprO.R.A. likes this.
  3. aspr

aspr Not fast, just stupid.

Oddometer:
    Not worth driving from Missouri in my opinion.
    sieg likes this.
  4. pprO.R.A.

pprO.R.A. Hipster Dufass

Oddometer:
    That's what I am thinking^^ but wanted to get some local feedback.
    aspr likes this.
  5. pprO.R.A.

pprO.R.A. Hipster Dufass

Oddometer:
    I watched some vids and check the interwebs some, and it looks like a cool little weekend place.
  6. Mudclod

Mudclod Mojo Moto

Oddometer:
    Quite rocky.
  7. pprO.R.A.

pprO.R.A. Hipster Dufass

Oddometer:
    I would not have it any otherway.
  8. WFO1

WFO1 Living the Dream Supporter

Oddometer:
    Red River MC trails or Barnwell will give you all the single track you can handle.
  9. gentimmy

gentimmy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Red river is definitely better but Barnwell is just as populated with clueless Jeepers.
  10. WFO1

Oddometer:
    Barnwell has 30 plus miles of single track. You might see a jeep crossing a road but chances are you won't. It has well marked trails and is directional. Red River only has Bills Woods as far as single track and directional. Both are great and good for beginner to expert. Its always nice to have 2 places to ride. Barnwell can handle a lot more rain than Red River. Red River allows members to ride anytime whereas Barnwell is open only on Thur-Sun.
  11. Crash217

Crash217 The short guy with a beard

Oddometer:
    pprO.R.A...

A little closer to MO and maybe more fun since nothing over 48" wide is allowed. Scipio Recreational Area, 2500 acres, 30 mile loop of marked, one way singletrack, 6+ miles of dirt and gravel roads. Power available. Good camping spots. Very little traffic EVER. We had maybe a dozen bikes and 6 quads out there the last great weekend, and most weekends there are even fewer people. $6 day use fee payable at the gas station up the road or $10 online.

Scipio Recreational Area. https://goo.gl/maps/EBQUruJh1YQsLKr1A
    Owned and Operated by The Tulsa Trail Riders, http://www.tulsatrailriders.com/
    Krabill likes this.
  12. pprO.R.A.

pprO.R.A. Hipster Dufass

Oddometer:
    Thanks @Crash217 for the info , I did not know about that place,, interesting
    Crash217 likes this.
  13. pprO.R.A.

pprO.R.A. Hipster Dufass

Oddometer:
    Can anyone elaborate more on Red River or Barnwell for a long weekend trip for 3 small dirt bikes,, old guys but have skill to clean most gnar sections. Oh and if I could get an idea on weather expected mid-March.
    Thanks
  14. pprO.R.A.

pprO.R.A. Hipster Dufass

Oddometer:
    Bump,, any more advise on Red River weather mid- late March. The place seems more pricey to stay/ permit than others mentioned.
    Thanks guys
  15. WFO1

Oddometer:
    Red River is open almost year round for members. If you're not a member then its only open weekends and holidays. I would bet the owner would let you pay entry during the week if you're coming from out of town. I ride there year round. email me @ wfo75080 at yahoo dot com and I can answer any questions you have.
  16. ReadyorNot

ReadyorNot professional olde phart Supporter

Oddometer:
    i'm a former board member of both TexasMotorizedTrailsCoalition (TMTC) and BarnwellMountainRecreationArea (BMRA). three of us old farts did the original mc loop trail back in 2000-2002. ozark riders will be comfy at barnwell - lots of rocks, different from ozarks though....in years past we have hosted numerous Texas Cross County races, two WORCS races, and one national enduro. trail systems exist for jeeps, sxs, and bikes, trails are marked with ski type diamond markers. go to the barnwellmountainra.com website for full info. user fee structure is there.

i am a little curious why you would drive this far when arkansas has as much access as it does? white rock at cass, bear creek at daisy, etc. were go-to destinations for many of us down here in tx. and most of it is free public access.
    Crash217 likes this.
  17. pprO.R.A.

pprO.R.A. Hipster Dufass

Oddometer:
    We have been to Ark many times, just looking at something different and mainly,,, hopefully warmer in mid March. BTW what are weather conditions typically like then?
  18. ReadyorNot

ReadyorNot professional olde phart Supporter

Oddometer:
    with the weather conditions these days....who knows....certainly not the weathermen....:deal
    this is east texass....could be hot enough to wear vented gear....or cold enough to freeze the balls off a brass monkey....could be raining straight down....or drought conditions with burn bans ( this area is in & out of severe drought conditions lately)
  19. pprO.R.A.

pprO.R.A. Hipster Dufass

Oddometer:
    Like MO, wait 16 hours it will all change,, In March further south is better
  20. pprO.R.A.

pprO.R.A. Hipster Dufass

Oddometer:
    Barnwell requires TX OHV sticker displayed ?