TFT retrofit

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by Gone Troppo, Mar 21, 2018.

1. Ken Oath

Ken Oath Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Default is 15 seconds.

10 Sekunden
    15 Sekunden
    20 Sekunden
    nicht aktiv

210 Meter
    350 Meter
    500 Meter
    nicht aktiv
  2. AussieRider123

AussieRider123 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    You looking at that in e-sys? I thought ISTA+ had 3 settings (other than off) in total but it's been a while since I looked at it. I wish they had a setting for 5 seconds
  3. Max72

Max72 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    New item come to me.
    Bmw adapter for analogic cluster 8 pin. This adapter is female
    and serves to build the plug play cable from 8 pin connector to 12 pin connector.

Here you go

IMG_9396.jpg

IMG_9397.jpg
    The_Eccentric likes this.
  4. Ken Oath

Ken Oath Adventurer

Oddometer:
    E-Sys.
  5. AussieRider123

Oddometer:
    Figured as much. I think you and I have chatted in another forum on a similar subject
  6. AussieRider123

Oddometer:
    Can't wait to see how you get on! I understand that ISTA+ still requires a download from the BMW server in real time to update the TFT vs all the other modules that are updated in the installed package. Not sure why they have done it that way but something to keep in mind
  7. yapster2001

yapster2001 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The retrofit seems complicated but following. Hopefully in the near future it can just be a simple plug and play upgrade with minor updates...
  8. Max72

Max72 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    ista + is not necessary for flashing any module of the motorcycle. Personally for the cars I have always used esys for flashing modules. Esys allows flashing one module at a time, while ista/p or ista + must necessarily flash all the modules it deems necessary to update. is the substantial difference between the two. Certainly esys in terms of reprogramming requires a deeper knowledge ... those who use esys, and exploit them fully understand what I mean ....
    Ista is used in dealers, has a very friendly interface once the bike is connected, it is an ignorant proof software .
    Esys, on the other hand, is the same software but with exponentially superior potentialities .... certainly it must be said that the interface is not the most simple and intuitive.

Off Topic ....
    I really like this forum ... active and interested people! It's great
    turnerm and deadflagblues like this.
  9. Tremblay

Tremblay Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've always wondered about the bike software. I can order an ICOM, but when you guys are updating modules on the bike where do you actual get the software from? I figure BMW has a website that dealers can access to pull it from...
  10. attila_66

attila_66 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ask google for ISTA+ and psdzdata updates.
    There are several forums that you can find links to download.

I also follow the topic.
  11. Max72

Max72 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    New tft cluster finally in my hand

IMG_9398.jpg
    The_Eccentric and attila_66 like this.
  12. AussieRider123

Oddometer:
    I have used e-sys and ISTA+ so know what you mean but the same problem remains if you want to update the version in the TFT KOMBI. If it gets downloaded from the BMW server directly then it wont be in the PSDZ package that you would be using in e-sys.

I used e-sys to add hill hold on my bike but haven't done that much more with it, although I know it can do a lot more
  13. Max72

Max72 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    for esys cars it is absolutely capable of reprogramming any ECU. The difference, with esys, of the software version is the version of the psdzdata.More are the most recent psdz, the software of the flashed control unit will be updated. I repeat that all this happens on the cars ... with the bike I honestly never tried.
  14. AussieRider123

Oddometer:
    It's the same thing with bikes using e-sys but what I am saying is the TFT KOMBI update does not appear to be in the psdzdata package. Not sure why BMW have done this, they require a direct download from Germany when the TFT is updated. Happy for someone to prove me wrong but that is my understanding from various sources.
    deadflagblues likes this.
  15. Tremblay

Tremblay Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You're correct.
  16. Max72

Max72 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    honestly I have never tried flash tft. I do not doubt what you are saying. Anyway, for the moment I am happy to have the tft working with the data of the bike ... (this is the main goal that I set as a beginning) and I would be happy only for the aesthetic question, for the rest there is the navigator VI . I hope, indeed I am almost certain, that in a while it will be possible to make it work in all .... IMHO is only a matter of time, I am always optimistic.
    The_Eccentric and attila_66 like this.
  17. AussieRider123

Oddometer:
    Do you know the reason behind this? I assumed it was a temporary thing when the TFT was first released.
  18. attila_66

Oddometer:
    None of the dealers wants to update TFT screens since it takes hours to update. BMW has to send it to local servers (Psddata) any how.
  19. attila_66

Oddometer:
    Did you coded the TFT screen?
    Is all data coming to TFT?
  20. AussieRider123

Oddometer:
    I hope they start including it in the psdzdata package at some point for home programming!