TFX Suspension

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by michaeln, Mar 28, 2016.

1. darmahman

darmahman "Illogically Deluded" Supporter

Oddometer:
    Got the rear all apart (big ass heavy shock removed)! and ready to install the new TFX. The TFX’s will be here tomorrow. I took the wheel off and inner fender as well. Just cleaned things up.
    I will install the rear shock tomorrow and button it up.
    Probably then remove the front tomorrow eve but wait till Thursday to install front.
    Then ride!
  2. darmahman

Oddometer:
    Well, its Thursday eve and I am finally finished installing the pair of TFX'S (without the ESA. Bike must be 15-20 lbs lighter.) I bought from the Beemer Shop. Give them a 10 on presentation... Gonna give it a go after dinner and report back on how they actually work. Now I see why they charge $360 to change out the pair of ESA shocks. I would charge more...
    Did the canisterectemy while I was in there.
    filterwrench likes this.
  3. mb289

mb289 2 Wheels Welding LLC Supporter

Oddometer:
    I did the same on my '12 GSA. I couldn't be happier with TFX performance.
    darmahman likes this.
  4. darmahman

Oddometer:
    Yes - didn’t get in much of a test ride
    Hopefully this am I will. These shocks feel tight. Need to put some longer miles on to loosen them up I think.
  5. Jordan6679

Jordan6679 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    When they are completely warmed up the ride changes drastically. Take them offroad and try to kill them, then start making adjustments. I fought them with adjustments in the winter with light dirt road operating temperature it was pretty much a waste of time. I got them dialed in very well on abusive heavy offroad where riding on a wheelie was the key to get through the nasty.
  6. darmahman

Oddometer:
    I took it pretty fast last night on some backroads that have some good paved bumps.(cattle guards) Felt perfect. Very confidence inspiring. This is not my offroad bike but a street bike for me. ie canyon, curvy mountain road riding.
    I love the shocks. I'll know better by next week.