Thailand Riders

Discussion in 'Asia' started by bush pilot, Aug 24, 2006.

1. Frankko

Frankko Midnight Rambler

Oddometer:
    Definitely a get together for me in July 2012. Hope to see you all!!
  2. withsmile

withsmile n00b

Oddometer:
    Checkin in,
    I'm Keng+.. I live in Hatyai, Songkhla. I've joined Hatyai Faster team for months, so I always ride my R1100GS with AJ Pom(HS9LQM).. I'm very glad to see many thai people and many Thailand lovers in here.
    keng.jpg

If you pass Hatyai or you've some trips, please tell me and AJ Pom (HS9LQM), sir. I hope somedays we'll ride together. :clap:freaky

P.S. visit our website at www.hatyaifaster.com (we always set up many meetings nearly every week) :D
  3. withsmile

withsmile n00b

Oddometer:
    Your trip's very interesting. If you're convenient, please show your pics of the trip. I think It may inspire my team for a new route for trips. Thx in advance, Keng+ :D:rofl
  4. withsmile

withsmile n00b

Oddometer:
    I'm waiting to see your bike. Let's ride together, friend. :clap
  5. HS9LQM

HS9LQM We love the king.

Oddometer:
    Gooooood mor-keng [​IMG]
  6. Frankko

Frankko Midnight Rambler

Oddometer:
    Yes, I am sure to make my way to Hatyai. I am still saving my baht for a bike. Don't know what yet but the F800 bmw or Multistrada come to mind.

I hope i can save enough!! regardless I am to try to meet up with you and H9.

Thanks

Pom Rak Thailand mak mak I dont know if is right but I am practicing :D
  7. Malindi

Malindi Zen Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I've been to Thailand on my own bike (www.nohorizons.net) and will be in Chiang Mai Feb 15 to Mar 15 or so. I just bought a GT map from GT Riders and am planning on renting a bike when there. In 2012 I leave again for a much bigger trip (www.nohorizons.net/2012) and will be in Thailand on my own scoot around 2014 I think.

So far I think I'll stay in the Smith Residence as far as I've seen.

Would love to hook into the local scene once I'm there.

What are some good places to rent a bike? There were a few places around the moat last time I was in CM.
  8. stan.riner

stan.riner Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My wife and I are looking to go to Thailand for a vacation. We're thinking about middle to late November. We both ride both street and dirt but she wouldn't mind me packing her for any street riding we can find.

We haven't booked anything yet.

I would love some recommended places to stay and any info on renting bikes. Will my Hawaii driver's license suffice?

Regarding our travel arrangements, I'm looking at three options:
    Full package with a designated hotel(s) the entire time.
    flight only and set up hotels in advance separately.
    flight only and just find hotels while we're there.

We don't need 5 star accommodations, just a decent place.

Any things that are a must-see?

I was thinking about a couple of days in Bangkok just to experience it but the rest of the time out somewhere else.

I'm an A level trail rider so I'd be up for that as well. My wife is a low B but she's short so she's limited on what she can take off-road.

We'd also be willing to host anyone visiting Hawaii. I have an extra dirt bike and would be willing to let someone borrow it in trade (or just to hook someone up).

Thanks for any info. This will be our first trip to Thailand. I went to Hong Kong and Taiwan about 10 years ago but I was with my at-the-time Taiwanese girl friend so it was easy.
  9. Malindi

Malindi Zen Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yes

Flight only and book one night in advance in Bangkok at http://www.lamphuhouse.com/default.htm
    Stunning location, courtyard in the middle of the busy section of Bangkok, near everyhting. $25 gets you a top end room. Online booking with Visa. I stay there all the time.

Wat Pra Keo, all the temples around it, reclining Budha,.... TONS and TONS of stuff to see in Bangkok.

There is no end to that question, but start here: http://www.gt-rider.com/
  10. HS9LQM

HS9LQM We love the king.

Oddometer:
  11. taranaki

taranaki ponderous

Oddometer:
    I'll be in Chiang Mai on January 6th and I'm looking to dirt ride with other anglophones.

So far the only tours I've found are populated with foreign speakers - I'd rather not be the odd man out who everyone has to speak English for.

If you know of a tour with English speakers heading out around the 9th or if you're a rider looking for another to ride dirt up north with please reply or PM me.
  12. team ftb

team ftb Befuddled Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Well run off road tours in Chiang Mai

www.transmotosport.com

Get a handful of riders that enjoy DualSport riding and he puts on good stuff. I helped him with a Thailand/Laos offroad trip and it was a blast.

Lots of fun stuff around Northern Thailand to keep you busy.
  13. Blago

Blago Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Saswadee khrap. Phom yuu thii krung thep. Khun yuu thii nai?

I'm near the Sukhumvit MRT station, but originally from the states. After reading about Bangkok traffic, I didn't want to bring my BMW here, so I brought a small 250cc single. I'm glad I did since my air head R-bike would overheat in this traffic. I haven't been out of Bangkok yet, but hope the little 250 is adequate for the backroads here.
    Phop kan mai. :)
  14. canoli

canoli human

Oddometer:
    Welcome to town. I'm just outside the city in nonthaburi on chaengwattana road. We ride all the time in the rice fields and have a good time getting lost. Give a shout when you want to see the sights.

Canoli
  15. Blago

Blago Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm still waiting for a license plate for my bike and the insurance company to tell me I have insurance coverage. I have ridden a few times in Bangkok and hope this is an aberration of what the rest of Thailand is like.
  16. canoli

canoli human

Oddometer:
    I LOVE riding in Thailand almost as much as I HATE riding in BKK:D

Canoli
  17. Malindi

Malindi Zen Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Riding in BKK is a bit bus but at least traffic moves, at least for the scooters and bikes. Riding in Lahore, Pakistan. Now that's a weird (and dangerous) experience. It made Delhi look tame.

I'll be back in Chiang Mai in a month... Can't wait. Planning on renting a bike and touring the north for a week or so.
  18. rickypanecatyl

rickypanecatyl SE Asia adventure tours

Oddometer:
    I'll be in Southern Thailand Saturday, BKK around the 25th and Chang Mai and Mae Sot somewhere around 28th.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to find:

1. Good dual sport tires (I'd love something like Dunlop 606's or Pirelli MT 21's but realize it'd be rare to find something that cool....)

2. Any cool dirt tracks there - I'd be tickled to ride the whole thing on dirt! I'll be on a KLX250/351....

3. I was hoping to find some Thai food.... :lol3
  19. Frankko

Frankko Midnight Rambler

Oddometer:
    There are so many restaurants in Chaing mai You will need to stay 6 months to to try them all:evil

Plenty for the vegetarians also.

I usually eat at

salad concepts
    arcobaleno
    cafe compasion
    Taste of heaven
    The basement of Airport plaza dude for 25 baht you can get stuffed!!
    Miguel's (mexican)
    I can get you more. My GF is in Chiang mai and I jsut cant remember the names of the top of my head but there are 2 more italian rest. that are great!

I know how to get there from home but cant remember the name for nothing:lol3

Have a good one!

I will be back in July:clap
  20. Catnap

Catnap n00b

Oddometer:
    checking in

Live in Fang distric Chiangmai,

Use adirtbike Kawasaki Klx250, / Riding around the area
    @ peoples call the second highest mountain in thailand " doi Fa hom pok"
    there is a lots of bike track, very natural ,and good whether,
    :freaky
    [​IMG]