thailand - suggestions please

Discussion in 'Asia' started by Shmerel, Mar 24, 2008.

1. Shmerel

Shmerel

Oddometer:
    i'm flying in to krabi thailand july 6, out july 13.
    with my wife and 3 teenage children.
    we're looking for a good holiday resort to stay in, by the bech, that has it all, but is also close enough to village/shop/restaurant life to break boredom
    maybe koh lanta, or phi phi dom, or ralleii, or krabi.
    any suggestions from people with experience?
    give me resort names with its pros and cons.
    serious answers only please.
  2. bikermice

bikermice Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi Shmerel,

I would definitely recommend staying in Ao Nang beach since you mentioned that it's a amily affair. Ao Nang beach is sort of the main beach which has longtail boat service access to many different beaches around the area for the short day trips visiting. Most boat trips would not last more than 30 mins unless you are heading to the further outlying islands like Koh Phi Phi and Koh Lanta. You can always plan your trip from Ao Nang, there are plenty of agency that you can book a short boat trips out the seas.

Hotel wise, I stayed in View Point Hotel at Railay East for a night. The rooms are in bad condition, leaking bath taps and toilet the smells...I threw the keys back to them and went over the President Hotel at Ao Nang. Very happy with the place. Nice, clean and sapcious and they do have rooms for family of 4.

Plenty of restuarants too in Ao Nang unlike the rest o the beaches whereby the only place for food would be in the hotel's restaurant (some of which tastes awful in an Asian point of view.)

And did I mentioned you can have more choices of beverage in Ao Nang too? :freaky
    [​IMG]
  3. Mouse

Mouse I'm only smelly

Oddometer:
    :baby
  4. rosscoact

rosscoact need constant supervision

Oddometer:
    that's exactly what he was hoping for, although it's a bit upmarket for our gad. But then again that's what it will be like after Gad leaves
  5. Shmerel

Shmerel

Oddometer:
    is that b/4 i sue the bastards, or after? :lol3
  6. Craypot

Craypot Lounge lizard

Oddometer:
    I sent you a PM

Mike