1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

The 1200 Tiger Explorer Mega Thread

Discussion in 'Triumph Tigers' started by dutchie, Sep 17, 2010.

?

Explorer or Explorer/XC

1. Explorer

2. Explorer/xc

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. ssevy

ssevy retired and riding the backroads

Oddometer:
    I have a Mosko duffle on the back on my Steamer. Works great.
    IMG_1659.jpg
    Their Hood tank bag is awesome too.
    CCBonnie and dunc like this.
  2. Redlegtrooper

Redlegtrooper Grrreat!

Oddometer:
    Grrrreat! Rattler.jpg
    bowlerman, CCBonnie, syntec4 and 5 others like this.
  3. Redlegtrooper

Redlegtrooper Grrreat!

Oddometer:
    Hurray! New Parts Day!
    Parts.jpg
    Don03st, MrMac and Jetpilot5 like this.
  4. TripleDaddy

TripleDaddy Hoping my skills exceed my horsepower

Oddometer:
    Does anybody have a Madstad windshield for a 2015 Explorer that they want to get rid of? I'm 6'2" and would prefer a tall version. I have a V stream I would consider selling or trading.
  5. vinnyl26

vinnyl26 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  6. KenWag

KenWag Ken

Oddometer:
  7. Bike2Big

Bike2Big Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    In case anyone is adding farkles to a 2018+ and needs an ignition switched 12V for a RELAY (not for powering the device).

Attached is what I've researched for the rear/passenger power port. Should be +12V ignition switched. Pin 53 on the front (B) ECM plug. Purple/White wire.

Also Attached is the tail light wire (not brakelight). It is a green/purple wire on the rear ecm connect in the pin 43 spot (for reference, the thick orange wire is pin 1).

You cannot pick up an ignition switched 12v at the fuse box because they are before the ECM and have 12V constantly.

I would love for someone to verify this as I am at work but per the service manual this should be correct. IMG_20201021_104516.jpg IMG_20201021_101212.jpg
    syntec4 likes this.
  8. eltel62

eltel62 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I pick up a "live with ignition" to trigger the relay on my power distribution module in the tail. There is a blank plug there which you can add a wire to. I think it used to be the connection to the older plastic top box.

Bike2Big likes this.
  9. Bike2Big

Bike2Big Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That would definitely be better. I use denalis sealed mini relays and a signal wire for it. It would be nice to have the right connectors to avoid positapping them.
  10. syntec4

syntec4 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Evening all. Just joined in with the purchase of this, the last of the Gen2's. It was registered late 2018 but must have been old stock. Got a full set of Givi's with it as well. I'm looking for a taller screen probably the Puig and a radiator guard. I wanted something more comfortable than the Tenere 700 for long road rides. Going to try a SS1000.

[​IMG]
  11. Redlegtrooper

Redlegtrooper Grrreat!

Oddometer:
    :D
    Congrats....Did the same with a 2018 XCX here in the states recently. Old stock for a steal plus free panniers. :D
    Bike2Big and syntec4 like this.
  12. nunzo

nunzo Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Same here with a 2019 holdover at a smoking deal with luggage. D43227D3-55ED-4B21-8912-9D1F4E23DF45.jpeg
    bowlerman, Jetpilot5, MrMac and 2 others like this.
  13. nunzo

nunzo Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    CF971443-BFF3-49E8-9C59-EAC98CFDB34E.jpeg Just another update. Rode 60 miles yesterday in 49 degree weather.... I needed to turn the heated seat and grips down to low....they work very well!!!! Ready for a windshield update. I have a Madstad on my 800xcx and it works great. Just lukewarm on the looks. Thinking about a Puig on the 1200.... any feedback would be appreciated.
  14. raulnorry

raulnorry Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I really like my puig windscreen on my 1200. I'd suggest against the dark tint though, stick with clear or light grey so you can see through it.
    creggleton likes this.
  15. theunbeatenpath

theunbeatenpath Adventurer

Oddometer:
  16. element6

element6 Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Traction Control: I don't see this addressed on this forum: I'm on an early 2012 and want to have a better understanding of the levels of traction control and the appropriate situations to use each.
    On pavement, I leave it alone, but wonder about packed dirt roads, dirt roads, trails, soft surfaces. I'm also planning to try to learn to get the front wheel off the ground for better approach to trail obstacles. I assume that will only happen when the TC is off.
    When is the middle setting useful? How different is if from full on?
    TIA,
    Dave
  17. creggleton

creggleton n00b

Oddometer:
    +1 for the Puig screen. I'm just under 6' and with the power adjustability, it's a great option for almost every situation. One of the best additions to the bike. If I could just fix the heat issue...
    raulnorry likes this.
  18. raulnorry

raulnorry Adventurer

Oddometer:
    You know... Did someone post a step-by-step for swapping out all the coolant? Because I really want to put engine ice in my bike to see if it helps but I can't find a service manual and I've not wrenched on a bike before...