The 2011 Flint Hills Stampede ....

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by Wind Sprinter, Sep 8, 2010.

1. Wind Sprinter

Wind Sprinter Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It's coming! More info to follow as plans firm up. What is already known ....

Dates: June 10-12, 2011

At this year's Stampede, we had 130 riders representing 13 states, ranging from CA to WI and points in between. We're hoping to raise the bar again this coming year .... more riders from more states, and more guided routes to choose from (a dozen unique destinations were offered in 2010).

<embed src="http://backroadstouring.net/downloads/video/mediaplayer.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="400" height="300" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash" flashvars="file=http://backroadstouring.net/downloads/video/stamp_10.flv&image=http://backroadstouring.net/downloads/video/img_1090.jpg" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" bgcolor="undefined" quality="best" hspace="8" vspace="4" border="1" attr="http://backroadstouring.net/downloads/video/mediaplayer.swf">​

To get a flavor, and see past events, visit: 2010 Flint Hills Stampede Info Page. Any questions? Happy to answer here.
    Hope to see you in the Flint Hills in 2011!

Best, Wind Sprinter
  2. Wind Sprinter

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Summer will soon be here, and that means The 2011 Flint Hills Stampede! The Stampede Information and Registration Download Page is now up and online. Registrations started flowing-in within 48 hrs. of publication .. and there will be a limited number of slots!

Hope to ride with you in June!

Best ... Wind Sprinter
  3. The Killstar

The Killstar Ted Simon Acolyte

Oddometer:
    HEY, I posted on another thread about riding a Triumph Scrambler in the Stampede and it was suggested that the Scenic Ride was probably best (not to mention that I am pretty green off road). Does that ride still present some challenges for the rider? I figure it's got a lot of decent gravel riding, but what about creek crossings or riding on the old cattle tracks?
  4. BigDogAdventures

BigDogAdventures Fart Letter

Oddometer:
    Boy---it's been along time since I road with you guys-----I wish every year I could ride the stampede---but the advance registration thing always kills it for me ---cause I never know where I'll be or what I'll be doing that far in advance--so I never pre-register. But I've had some good times with you guys in the past.

Love the Kansas prairies.

Mark
    BigDog
  5. truckguy

truckguy awesomeness!

Oddometer:
    Its awesome that the town south is Climax:rofl
  6. ajayhawkfan

ajayhawkfan Rock Chalk

Oddometer:
    Last year was great.

[​IMG]

Looking forward to this year.
  7. out rider

out rider You Go First

Oddometer:
    I was one of the WI. guys and it is a GREAT event to attend.

We stayed at the Blue Stem and Ron the owner runs a nice place and leads a good ride as well. Reserve a room early. Ron can't hear so well so you may have to use a lot of sign language.:lol3 Ask him, he'll know what I'm talking about.

The food on Saturday is outstanding not to mention the home made brownnies with home made ice creme on top.

Coming from a mostly wooded state and being able to ride the Flint Hills just can't be beat.
  8. ajayhawkfan

ajayhawkfan Rock Chalk

Oddometer:
    I hope you and your fellow riders attend again. It was fun chatting with you last year.

I have my room already booked.
  9. papple

papple Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This was one of the nicest and most laid back Rally's I've ever been to. The people were awesome, riding stellar and the scenery was surprisingly spectacular.

Roger and his people put on a great shindig. The BBQ was A-1 and the deserts were scrumptious and if you walked away hungry you must of been shy or something.

The riding ranged from mild to narly but you could choose your poison and ride with what ever bunch of guy's fit your riding capabilities. Every led ride had a leader and somebody riding sweep so nobody got lost or was left behind.

One of the strangest things I remember about The Flint Hill's Swaree is that I've never seen so many KLR's in my life. I'll bet that over 60-70% of the total bikes were KLR's. I'm not saying that's a bad thing but it sure seemed like a lot at the time.

Hope to CYA guy's again this year if the schedule allows it.

Best in 2011
    P:ricky:ricky:ricky:ricky
  10. Wetman

Wetman n00b

Oddometer:
    I had an awsome time as well - even thought I had to pay everytime I opened my mouth - you know how sales guys are. That's an inside joke..........but...............

All kidding aside - I had a great time and I ditto what Papple and Out Rider just said - hope to have the chance to make the ride again smetime, but I don't get a lot of time off.

Great rideing with everyone and I recommend the Stampede for anyone with any type of riding experience.

If I don't get back this year, have a great ride! Can't wait for the pictures of 2011!

ANOTHER KLR650 - What other bikes are there?:clap
  11. Menasco Pirate

Menasco Pirate Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    IS there a stand by list?
  12. Wind Sprinter

Oddometer:
    As of today, we're at 20% filled capacity. Our target cut-off for the event is 125 riders. If I can pick-up another ride leader or two, we may be able to add a few more riders to the mix.

[​IMG]

To see the registered rider tally, get the specifics, or download a registration form ... simply visit the 2011 Flint Hills Stampede Page

Best, Wind Sprinter
  13. Wind Sprinter

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

As of today, we have reached 25% capacity. Looks like we'll have a minimum of fourteen different routes available ... ranging from mild to wild.

To learn more of the area where the rides will take place, here's a story that appeared in a 2007 issue of the National Geographic Magazine. The story's photography is by well known NG photographer, Jim Richardson ... who lives close to the Flint Hills.

Hope to see you in June ... Let's Ride!

Best, Wind Sprinter
  14. ajayhawkfan

ajayhawkfan Rock Chalk

Oddometer:
    Needed a bump.

[​IMG]
  15. Wind Sprinter

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

As of today, we've received over 50 registrations, placing the event at 40% capacity filled.

Registrations will close May 28 or when we've received 135 registrations, whichever occurs first ..... so don't sit on the fencepost too long!

Best ... Wind Sprinter
  16. Sasnak

Sasnak Flatlander

Oddometer:
    I would be interested too if you do add some more spots.
  17. gmsnowball

gmsnowball Black Bear Pass

Oddometer:
    Oklahoma Some Where, just east of spoobooty

You should have no trouble on the scenic rides. The scrambler is a good ride. Reddirtjoe takes his everywhere....:lol3

Registration is only 50% full if I understood Roger's last post. Go to the registration page to see how many and who has signed up. :deal

18. Wind Sprinter

Oddometer:
    Here's the link to the 2011 Flint Hills Stampede Page. All the info you'll need, stories of past Stampedes, registration forms, etc.

We've received around 60 registrations thus far, out of 135 available. If I can locate another ride leader or two, may be able to increase the number of slots.

[​IMG]

There's method to the madness ... we're limiting the patrol sizes to eight riders plus an experienced ride leader. In the past, patrol sizes grew too large, resulting in separations and route delays. Speaking from experience ... wranglin' a twenty-five rider patrol can be taxing, and we won't be doing those anymore!

Hope this info helps ....

Best, Wind Sprinter
  19. reddirtjoe

reddirtjoe motorcycle addict

Oddometer:
    Let's Ride some red dirt!!.... NorthCentOklahoma
    got my registration mailed off. bringing the dr 350
  20. gmsnowball

gmsnowball Black Bear Pass

Oddometer:
    Oklahoma Some Where, just east of spoobooty

Riding the DR or trailering? The little lady is going with me this year so we will trailer up. First time I have trailered in years.