The 2017 Zero Electric - Beauty & Beast - Mike Mas

Discussion in 'Electric Motorcycles' started by IdleUp, Dec 4, 2016.

1. munchmeister

munchmeister Grow'd Up Mini Trail

Oddometer:
    Well, Zero has the 2018s on their website and I'm looking hard at one of these bikes for the reasons stated above. And, I'm a big fan of electric technology. I've got a Stromer ST1 electric bike but am a motorcycle guy and this thing gets me excited just looking at it. We're into winter here in Colorado (snow in the forecast) but I'm not sure I could wait until spring. Besides, the colder weather kinda forces you into shorter rides. Fine with me.

Not sure when the 2018s will arrive at my local dealer and I have not test ridden one yet, mostly because I KNOW that a test ride will seal the deal. They have a 2017 Zero DS13.0 which, I assume, is a bit larger battery.
  2. chazbird

chazbird Long timer

Oddometer:
    If you like Hooligan bikes the Zero is it. I guess one could ride it hyper mile like but from what I experienced that's difficult to mentally achieve.
  3. retroone

retroone Long timer

Oddometer:
    Instead of roto pack it would electro pack. Soooooooooooooooo not my thing.
  4. bmwloco

bmwloco Long timer

Oddometer:
    I can clearly remember (surprisingly) standing around a campfire at BMW rally 25 years ago... and made the statement loud and clear. I didn't give a damn what got me down the road, as long as it got me down the road. I knew then, as an environmentalist (and yeah, I'm the whacko Faux News warns you about) that electric was the way to go. My next bike WILL be a Zero, and my next car will be a Chevrolet Bolt. And instead of Nuclear or some asswipe from Duke Power, I'll throw solar panels up and charge them off the sun.

As my old man said before he died (fuck cancer) "sunshine is the greatest commodity"

The old man was right. 35 years ago. Dead on right.
  5. Goomicoo

Goomicoo Rubber Cow

Oddometer:
    Got a Zero DS yesterday. OMG! Eye opening torque. Charge it up with the panels on our roof. The DMV took over an hour trying to figure out why there was no emission sticker on there that had CA. specified. It's ELECTRIC! What size is the motor? It's ELECTRIC! I don't need a smog check, gimme my fuckin' title.
    MJSfoto1956, voltsxamps and jimmy650 like this.