The 4th Annual / WMRS IV In Bishop CA (7/31-8/3)

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by Stonewall, May 19, 2008.

1. GillaFunk

GillaFunk I use profanities

Oddometer:
    I home. Arrived hours ago but crashed as soon as Id arrived. I dont have much for a ride report 'cept for this pretty little rock....so....Ill let you FF's post the good shit. :deal

werd :1drink
  2. wotevah

wotevah Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I hate desert gusts, they suck.
  3. Zen Slug

Zen Slug Spineless Adventurer

Oddometer:
  4. GillaFunk

GillaFunk I use profanities

Oddometer:
    The report begins here :deal
  5. Conestogaman

Conestogaman Mr. Excessive (professional lurker)

Oddometer:
    Just one more thing to hate about that campground. Big black cows on a moonless night.

Bike...totalled...but possibly rebuildable. :deal

Cow...totalled...I already tenderized, and butchered it.:deal

Me...out of the hospital and walked to the motel down the block.:clap Everything is fine, and bikes can be replaced.

Thanks to all who came to my aid! You give me new hope for humanity...:norton
  6. Nowwhat

Nowwhat I'll Go Second... Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    great trip....great seeing so many Inmates....

the roads and trails were a blast......

[​IMG]
  7. RiverRat

RiverRat Long timer

Oddometer:
    glad you are ok... just was told about the crash. i wasn't at the campground but many people saw and heard the crash.
  8. Zen Slug

Oddometer:
    +1000 :eek1
  9. rollinrob

rollinrob Long timer

Oddometer:
    I lost my taillight,plate etc.. on the main dirt road to WMRS.

It has an ADV sticker on it.

If someone found it and has it please PM me.

Probably a long shot as I went back to the top and down but no sign of it.
  10. Conestogaman

Oddometer:
    Thanks, guys! I'm a bit sore, and I don't know how I'ma gettin' home yet, but the worst is past. Glad everyone had a good time and I hope the rest of you have/had a safe ride home.

Jeff
  11. dzrtracin

dzrtracin возьми

Oddometer:
    Jeff, glad your ok man. Its your nieghbor shawn, had a GREAT time with you guys over the weekend, i just hate when shit like this happens. Get well soon bro.

RIDE ON!!!!!!!!!!!
  12. larryboy

larryboy Stable genius.

Oddometer:

Nixels and I came by a few minutes after it happened, there were already 7-8 people there so we decided to not meddle since it looked like things were as good as they could get. Things looked pretty bad and I'm glad you're up and walking.

:beer
  13. dyvking

dyvking ahead of his flamin star

Oddometer:
    Baby killer-- after they butchered the cow it turned out to be pregnant! You got a twofer :lol3
    Seriously, glad you'll live! From what Tosh said, it sounds like you did as much as humanly possible to avoid the inevitable crash.
  14. idea man

idea man Plate Spinner

Oddometer:
    Glad your are going to be akay. We heard you got hit in the lower, uh, mid-section. Oooof.
    We heard the thud and the unmistakable sound of a skidding bike. Sounded real bad. You are a lucky, lucky man. I too am glad you are going to be okay.
    Tosh was pretty impressive as well. If I ever hit a black cow late at night coming home from riding, I want him to be there too. :lol3
    Thanks to Stonewall for all the leg work. Great Place and Great Riding!
  15. Bajabob

Bajabob Adventurer

Oddometer:
    NBC lot in Woodland Hills CA. Muntz Raceway, Simi
    Glad to hear that you will live to cook breakfast burritos another day! :evil It was nice meeting you and we hope that you get better soon.
  16. highermath

highermath code wrangler

Oddometer:
    Ouch!

Jeff, it was great to meet you and chat with you. Now that you have seen how much fun you can have:fall, I hope that you will get back on the pony and ride with us again.:wave

Your camp neighbor - Cary (the x-pilot)

17. SenorPeligro

SenorPeligro Proper Naughty

Oddometer:
    I am so fracking relieved that everyone survived the cow-bike interface situation. :thumb

Sorry dude, didn't see it. I checked mine after and it is about to fall off too. I think I'm finally through adventure testing the BMW plastic on my six-fiddy now. I see shiny Wunderlich accessories in my future. Stuff I need to fix after on this trip:

ABS cut-off switch wires
    Yet another anti-scuff lozenge. I'll super glue the replacement on.
    Sidestand extender torn right off
    Tail assembly (almost)

I think I may have a front page photo in my stash too...
  18. Conestogaman

Oddometer:
    I got home with the bike ok. Another friend drove up from Placerville with a trailer and strapped all my yit down. Anything that was plastic was in many little pieces. There is fur stuck to some of the parts...even the front tire!:eek1

I had a feeling that thing was preggers. It was HUGE and took up the entire road, not just one lane. Tas estimated it at about 1200 lbs. It looked like a freakin' building as I got closer and knew impact was coming.

The towing company was a ripoff. I had to pay over $400. $370 for the tow and $50 for a day's storage. Prolly shoulda had someone drag the bike the 50 feet to my tent :doh

Thanks again to all! Tas went way beyond the call! Truly a great friend! :norton It's gonna be hard to pay him back for this one! Where do I start? How is it I manage to make friends with some of the greatest people on the planet? Not even hesitating to go above and beyond the call at a moments notice...:deal

I still had a great time and will get back on the horse and ride...as soon as the swelling in the lower 48 goes down. :ricky It was fun meeting some of you inmates, and sharing some drinks and some lies.:freaky I gotta go to more of these gatherings. minus the cows...:rofl

Later all!

Jeff
  19. Donkey Hotey

Donkey Hotey De Jo Momma

Oddometer:
    Was that the AAA garage in Mammoth (near the KTM dealer)? Lemme' guess: they charged you for an 'offroad tow' because it was a dirt road. Am I warm?
  20. Zen Slug

Oddometer:
    benton crossing road is paved.:deal

pretty sure progressive insurance has roadside assistance and towing included in their coverage. also, i understand that membership in the AMA has towing coverage as well. maybe jeff can get refunded for part of the tow if he's got one of those?:dunno