1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

The 800GS tire thread (oh, no you di-'nt!)

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by PackMule, Sep 27, 2008.

1. Mauser556

Mauser556 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Has anyone ran a Mitas E07 on the front with a 80-20% on the rear like a Shinko 705? Wanting more a knobby front for the loose gravel roads around my area but have a more street oriented rear as I see more pavement than dirt. The 705 set I am running is nice, but above 20-25 mph on gravel is gets squirrel for me. No, I have not aired them down as I do not have an air compressor for the bike yet, and getting back home I am hitting 60MPH.

Looking for a good front knobby that is great for long distance runs but good for gravel and some loose sand and rocks.

Did take my F800Gs up some old fire trails and poorly maintained ATV trails with some very steep inclines and the 705s handled well (going down was nerve racking). But wanting a little more confidence in the rubber.
  2. GoneAgain

GoneAgain Huh?

Oddometer:
    I dont like E07's on the front of the 800... its the only tyre ive ever had wash out from under me on gravel..

the rear is ok but...
  3. JustBob

JustBob Uh...who me? Supporter

Oddometer:
    I run TKC-80's front and rear but will try a TKC-70 rear next. I have found TKC-80 front will do most anything. Good on pavement and off-road.
  4. ForestFrog

ForestFrog Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    From MX1 Canada

The 21" E-07 and E-09 tires are being re-designed and are in development. The 90/90-21" sizes will not be available until 2017. We will keep you updated as more information becomes available from Mitas.

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk
  5. stege

stege Wonderer

Oddometer:
    Tried Tourance, Scorpion Trail, Anakee2 and BattleWing.
    By far, BWs are best.
  6. greenthumb

greenthumb b00b

Oddometer:
    I've been using the E-09 rear on the f8 for a few years. It's great for my use. I noticed on the one I bought a couple months ago that the max. pressure has been raised to 43psi from the previous 33. The tire looks and performs identicall to previous ones. The bead is still to tight and difficult seat and remove.

I'm looking forward to trying the new front as the old one was shit both on and off road.
  7. Marius BMW

Marius BMW We're off to never never land...

Oddometer:
    For offroad I use only mitas C-17 on front. It's the best. On the rear I'm gonna put on and try MCE Karoo for this weekend. hope it works.
  8. Mbjtlr

Mbjtlr Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I live in Northeast Tn, so rocks and mud. I commute roughly 80 miles a day. Has anyone tried the Kendall Big blocks? I'm trying to decide between those, the TKC80, and the K60 Scout. Any thoughts?
    Lonster11 and Mauser556 like this.
  9. beefcake morris

beefcake morris Long timer

Oddometer:
    TKC 80 mounted in the front, never had an issue.

I am trying a new rear tire Shinko E 805. My previous rear was an Mita Dakar E 07. Great tire.

I am hoping to get 4,000 ouy of the Shinko
  10. Mr B

Mr B Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have been running a Shinko 805 rear and Shinko 804 front, think that is the designation, all summer, seems to hold itself to the curves pretty well and not so bad off road either...Will give it a thrashing down in the desert this fall but so far so good, My favorite tire is the TKC 80's but these cost less and seem to wear just about the same.
  11. Sugnar

Sugnar n00b

Oddometer:
    Anybody with experience with the Anakee Wild on the rear?? Looks like quite a nice tire... my MitasE-07 is worn out it gets slippery...

About the front tire I have a TKC 80 but ist wearing not regular is this normal with the TKC on the front? Maybe because of the soft springs?
  12. Loutre

Loutre Cosmopolitan Adv Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    just wanted to report that the trailsmart tire is awesome in every category, wet, dry, sporty riding, everything. Will report back on the mileage.
    Lonster11 likes this.
  13. Motoriley

Motoriley Still riding like crap after all these years.

Oddometer:
    My buddy Dave ran one on his 800 at the Fundy Adventure Rally. Worked really well but it was mostly dry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. cjw25

cjw25 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Does anyone know how to tell the E-07 from the E-07 Dakar? Some images from Canadian wesites show a yellow stripe around it, is this universal?
  15. Motoriley

Motoriley Still riding like crap after all these years.

Oddometer:
    I think so. My Dakars always had the stripe.

QUOTE="cjw25, post: 30525062, member: 296501"]Does anyone know how to tell the E-07 from the E-07 Dakar? Some images from Canadian wesites show a yellow stripe around it, is this universal?[/QUOTE]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  16. cjw25

cjw25 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks. I got a new rear tire. I asked for an E-07 (I did not specify dakar or not). The receipt says dakar, but I don't see a yellow stripe. Just want to make sure I wasn't charged for something I didn't get.
  17. Bayner

Bayner Long timer

Oddometer:
    All the Dakar versions I've used had the yellow stripe, whether E09 or E07. You should probably ask the retailer about it as the Dakar is usually more money.
  18. ForestFrog

ForestFrog Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yellow strip is the dakar version. The only difference is that it has stiffer sidewall for more heavy duty use.

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk
  19. Mbjtlr

Mbjtlr Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I know this is an old thread, but thought I would share. Got my Kendas in today. _20170103_203417.JPG
    SnickterP likes this.
  20. Mbjtlr

Mbjtlr Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Compared to a Bridgestone.