1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

The Africa Twin CRF1000L Owners' Thread

Discussion in 'Japanese polycylindered adventure bikes' started by erey, Dec 20, 2015.

1. JulienAT

JulienAT Om nom nom nom

Oddometer:
    Is there a way someone could help me finding the part number for the Center Stand Springs?

I bought a Chinese Ebay Center Stand for 100$ however the springs are missing. The stand is identical to the SW motech/OEM/Outback Motortek. I'm looking to get similar springs, doesn't have to be OEM.
  2. Black99S

Black99S Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  3. JulienAT

JulienAT Om nom nom nom

Oddometer:
    Yeah I got the remaining hardware. Thanks for the picture and part number I really appreciate .
  4. Jon E Blaze

Jon E Blaze Adventurer

Oddometer:
    What about the dynojet power vision 3 or poer commander v for an easy solution?
    It looks like it just plugs into the spare plug under the seat?
    Or am I mistaken?
  5. 2on2off

2on2off Head'n somewhere new

Oddometer:
    Buying parts from China is like buying a box of chocolates. You never know what you are going to get. Some of my friends bought fuses from China and they failed often, but they were cheap.
    97707 likes this.
  6. Olde Phart

Olde Phart Olde Phart

Oddometer:
    chittyrox likes this.
  7. SkipD

SkipD That looks stickey

Oddometer:
    The Power Vision does look to be the device that will do what you want, the only problem is that its not currently available for the Africa Twin. But it does look like the best product for what you are after, send them an email find out when they are going to be shipping for the AT.
    The Power Commander you have to get under the tank to get to the connectors on the injectors and also put some additional connections on the main ECU its 4-5 hours work.
    Jon E Blaze likes this.
  8. Black99S

Black99S Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just put the stock pipe back on, sell the noisy POS on eBay and spend your $$ on tires and gas.
  9. Moshaholic2

Moshaholic2 PCUT

Oddometer:
    Did a little ride on Saturday. ~450 miles in 12hrs . Saw some cool stuff.

20200718_213533.jpg

20200719_100545.jpg

20200718_162119.jpg
    97707, Bors, Squily and 15 others like this.
  10. Jon E Blaze

Jon E Blaze Adventurer

Oddometer:
    It looks to be available through several vendors aswell as directly from dynojet
    I may have to pull the trigger
    I see max wrist gold also used the power vision on his twin, and he doesnt seem to have any popping

I have considered going back to stock, but I got a good deal on the muffler(1/2 price like new). and it sounds great... until I let off the throttle lol
  11. mentolio

mentolio King of the island of unwanted toys...

Oddometer:
    I recently (finally) sold the RS4 my 2016 came with...I don’t miss it. When I received the stock pipe in the mail (bought for around $40 shipped! Basically paid the shipping) I weighed it vs. the Yosh, and was surprised to find the weight savings to truly be minimal (want to say the difference was under two pounds). Next to no weight savings and obnoxious exhaust note was just too much for me to bear...guess I’m just too old;) I also noticed the idle smooth-out and low end throttle response improve. I hope you get it figured out ghostrider. Have you tried a dB reducer? In my RS4 the dB reducer plus spark arrestor didn’t significantly reduce volume per-se (not that I could tell, anyway), but it did dramatically improve the decel-backfire noise.
    RustySpokes and cblais19 like this.
  12. 1litre

1litre In over my head

Oddometer:
    MVI and Moshaholic2 like this.
  13. Snakeman99

Snakeman99 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Corbin or Sargent? I'm looking to replace the stock seat on my 2017 AT and was wondering if you had opinions on either of these two aftermarket seats? Am I correct in assuming that the Corbin would be more of a "street" saddle in comparison to the Sargent, and that the Sargent is more of a replacement saddle for both on and off road use? At 6'3" I'm not interested in lowering the riding position, and would be buying the standard "high" version. I'd appreciate pics of either one on a bike with the red/black/white color scheme. Thanks...
  14. procycle

procycle Long timer

Oddometer:
    Center of the DualSport Adventure universe
    I have a one piece low Corbin and I'm very happy with it.
  15. Junglejeff1

Junglejeff1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sargent 20200723_165112.jpg 20200723_165041.jpg
  16. safeTnerd

safeTnerd Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I guess my reply will not address your question, but, I bought a Seat Concepts seat because my butt was sore after a few hours in the saddle. It helped some .... but then, just being curious, I bought one of those "bead roller" seat covers. They look incredibly uncomfortable ..... now I don't want to ride without it. No more sore butt, no more stopping to ingest a couple Tylenol to relieve my sore butt, and no more monkey butt. Also, the boys get some air flow down there and they are much more comfortable. I'd say if your main complaint is sore butt, try one of those bead seat covers. You may end up saving major dollars versus a seat upgrade.
    misterk, Krahe and CRracer712 like this.
  17. MarkH67

MarkH67 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I found the factory seat fine for shorter rides (up to 3 hours), but not so great for longer than 3 hours.

Returning from a trip I did three long days (8+ hours) in a row and with the standard Sargent seat I didn't notice any pain in my butt. In my book that makes the seat worth the cost.
    windowto likes this.
  18. Krahe

Krahe Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Can confirm...I bought a beaded seat cover for my trip to Colorado (4k miles) and it really helped. Since they are made for cars it came as a two pack for $15. They use big metal bungee style hooks which I removed from the shock cords and used my own low profile hooks. Immediately went from being able to ride for 1 hour to roughly 2 hours...and by the end of the trip almost the whole tank of gas. I used the second cover on my office chair.
  19. mentolio

mentolio King of the island of unwanted toys...

Oddometer:
    Sargent vs. Corbin: I have neither for the AT (mine is a Touratech which is made by I don't remember who), but have had a Corbin on one and a Sargent on another bike. The Corbin was nice, but heavy and shaped a little weird. The Sargent was a work of frikkin' art, and very comfy. If I were to buy one or the other for the AT, I'd go Sargent. My TT is ok, but I wouldn't have bought it (came with the bike) at what they ask ($600-ish I think).
  20. misterk

misterk Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:

+1