The Australian BMW F850/900GS Missed The Speculation Bit Thread

Discussion in 'Australia' started by BygDaddee, Apr 13, 2017.

1. BygDaddee

BygDaddee Where do I get a pie

Oddometer:
    Yeah sam it was interesting to get a good ride on it, i reckon if i just went for a test ride round the dealers block i probably go back and say no thanks. But getting a good day on it you really found the good and not so good

Around town your right motor is a bit noisy, not as tinny as a 790 but a noisier motor than i like. And theres just something missing in the right hand left hand feel to motor to ground connection.

But once out of town is when i really liked it, out on the open road, up and down the twisties, that motor is great pulling hard out of a corner taking you to the next, reminded me a bit of the MT07 motor and makes me want that T7 70deg crank asap.

The bike is surprisingly well balanced and nimble in the corners, the only place i found the suspension wanting was hard into a downhill corner where id prob need it stiffened up a bit

Having all the electronics , quickshift, and TFT dash was just like sitting on the 1200, very nice,

Not sure if id buy one, id prob ride some others and see
    Hoots likes this.
  2. Woody2627

Woody2627 Grey Wobbler

Oddometer:
    I took a 750 for a 3,300 km test ride, wasn't impressed. Probably a better road bike than my F650GS, but if I wanted a road bike I'd get a road bike, and not as good an adventure bike as what I've got.
    BygDaddee likes this.