1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

The Badger Hole

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by threewinmag, Sep 16, 2008.

1. threewinmag

threewinmag Happily Lost

Oddometer:
    N3: No further problems with my bike. Lighting issues fixed and the rest of our ride was very pleasant. The scenery in Colorado is spectacular. The photos just can’t describe what we saw. In the pictures, the trails look easier, the mountains look smaller and the beer looks flatter. Day 3s ride was great. I had a blast. The loop we took from our jump off point to CR-12, en route we came across a place that must have been located at the top of the world! 3WM took a great panoramic photo of the scenery. He could probably give us a better description of the location. We made our way to Salida, where we met up with two other ride buddies (the aforementioned Corndogg & JB Smoove Grooves). We decided to try our hand at white water rafting. We went to American Adventure Expeditions, and paid the big $ for the “if you fall out of the raft, we’ll meet you back in Wichita” white water ride. Our guide told us he has never seen the Arkansas River water level so high. It was great fun. The water was 42 F’n degrees, I meant 42 degrees F. We had to rent wetsuits. I looked like an elephant seal in the damn thing but at least it didn’t make my ass look fat! Seriously, you ought to check AAE out.

Attached Files:

• 42.jpg
      42.jpg
      File size:
      137.9 KB
      Views:
  2. threewinmag

threewinmag Happily Lost

Oddometer:
    3WM: Saturday was spent in the park drinking beer and resting. I'd recommend this festival. It's the first Saturday after the 4th of July in Salida's City Park. We met some friends and had "stout floats" with the 2005 beer drinker of the year.

Yes, this is a picture of a STOUT FLOAT!

Attached Files:

• 43.jpg
      43.jpg
      File size:
      138.5 KB
      Views:
  3. threewinmag

threewinmag Happily Lost

Oddometer:
    Beer Drinker of the Year (a real title, google it!) and Nefiii

Attached Files:

• 44.jpg
      44.jpg
      File size:
      143 KB
      Views:
  4. threewinmag

threewinmag Happily Lost

Oddometer:
    This is the only wildlife we saw that day. I have some plaster cast of the footprints in case anyone want to study them.

All in all I learned three things: never pack too much shit, be flexible and there are always more trails to ride.

Peace. Threewinmag

N3: Overall, this trip was great. My bike tried my patience. My bike & I tried 3WMs patience. I saw 3WMs growth as a DS rider. The trails, weather, scenery were great. The beer festival was fun. I got stuffed in a TIGHT wetsuit. (By the way, in cold water you’ll want to bring along a small towel to wad up and “supplement your junk” inside the wetsuit. I didn’t have a towel and looked like a fat girl.)

In the end, my real reason to go on this ride was to find out what was over “that next hill.” I guess that’s why DS riders seek places we haven’t explored. The adventure of what lies ahead. I can’t wait until next year… Ride Safe. nefiii

Attached Files:

• 45.jpg
      45.jpg
      File size:
      138.7 KB
      Views: