1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

The BIG bore 2 smoker thread

Discussion in '2 smokers' started by Rot Box, Jul 27, 2013.

1. PaydayGabe

PaydayGabe It's never a DAMN tail wind !

Oddometer:
    Yes indeed! !
    I wish there was
    Smella-vison ! Love that 2-stroke smoke:wings.
    WildAnCrazymtl likes this.
  2. WildAnCrazymtl

WildAnCrazymtl Political Prisoner

Oddometer:
    People's Republik of Kanada, Qu├ębec province!
    When you hear the ring and smell the smoke.... You know you have just been passed by a two smoke! :jack
  3. Boondocker1

Boondocker1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Never been on this part of the board before but thought you guys would like to see this. 1983 490. Belongs to a buddy of mine... he invited me to ride it a couple of Saturdays ago. Wow, what a bike. Rode mostly sugar sand and whoops all day. The riding kicked my butt for about a week afterwords (could hardly walk the next day) but the bike was absolutely amazing! I've never had so much fun riding in deep sand.

My buddy had just picked it up from a bolt for bolt complete restoration down to all original parts replacements/upgrades to the engine internals. It had about 20 minutes on the motor at the time of this picture. Basically riding a showroom new Maico... what a dream!

upload_2018-2-23_9-5-58.png
    spokester, Dao1, FJ_Kevin and 6 others like this.
  4. anotherguy

anotherguy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Nice. Nothing like slogging with big bore torque.
  5. DirtBikeMike07

DirtBikeMike07 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Here's my big bore. It was my dream bike as a kid. Bought new off the showroom floor in 87. I grew up riding sand and at 14 yrs old I got the chance to ride my first big bore. A 1980 YZ465! I loved that bike so I started searching the papers for my own. My bike was a 82 YZ100 and sand was not much fun on that. So I sell off my dirt bike, my BMX bike, skateboard etc. Mowed a ton of lawns and jumped on the first big bore available in my small town. A 1982 YZ490. It was not better then the 465 like I had imagined it would be. Then I read the test in Dirt Bike magazine and it got the worst bike of the year award! Great news for the kid with one in the garage. But I rode it for a few years and saved up cash while reading about Honda's domination with the CR500 and my hero's like David bailey, Rick Johnson, Danny "Magoo" Chandler, and Eric Geboers all winning on one. I knew what I wanted. Finally after one last big get off from the dreaded "Yamahop" as we called it. I started looking for a CR500R. I wanted an 86 real bad but never did find one for sale. But I did find this 85. I got my first credit union loan and picked up this beauty. It's been an awesome bike. 31 Years of fun so far! I just recently got it licensed for street use too. 003.jpg
    sharps5090, spokester, Dao1 and 4 others like this.