THE BIGWHEEL THREAD!!! Yamaha BW350, BW200

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by Mr. BigWheel, Feb 4, 2011.

1. greasyfatman

greasyfatman Long timer

Oddometer:
    a BW 200 just hit nashville CL for 750 smokes but the guy has a spare engine. tires look good. It would be hard to pass up so cheap. I have to be close to my quota on CL bikes this year. but 750 crap
    RWBWheel and JagLite like this.
  2. RWBWheel

RWBWheel Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That look's like a great deal..with a good motor that would be a 1500 dollar bike around here..(and a chain-guard!)
    There was just a 'restored' 200 in the Tacoma WA. Craig's and he was asking $5,000.00 !!
    It wasnt even orig. had alum. parts painted black that aren't from OEM Etc.. claimed the gold wheel's were an 'upgrade' first time I have seen someone claim that , trying to justify the outrageous price I think...
  3. Line_life

Line_life Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Made some more progress on the bw350. Got just about the entire front end swap done. From a 84 atc200x. Just got the new tires today . STI black diamond DOT Street legal tires ! All that's left on the front end is to button up the brake caliper . Rebuilt it but the bleeder screw needed to be replaced . image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
    cappt likes this.
  4. Röhrich

Röhrich big wheel freak

Oddometer:
    Do I have to do something with the gastank, before I put the Wicked Tough decals on it?
  5. zimflux

zimflux Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Hi All!

Any and all thoughts are welcome to help me fix this.

My BW350 starter doesn't seem to "catch" when i used the electric starter. Sometime it will and sometimes it won't. and the starter will just spin and spin. I took it apart and the starter clutch passed the above test (when I took it out) and with the side cover off, everything lined up and running the starter turned the motor over. I can't seem to figure this one out.

What could this be?
  6. zimflux

zimflux Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Has anyone tested a starter clutch that seemed to work but, when in the bike didn't or didn't work constantly?
  7. jpswift1

jpswift1 Adventurer

Oddometer:
  8. RWBWheel

Oddometer:
  9. Line_life

Line_life Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Anyone ever bought parts from that bill guy in New Hampshire ? He's the one that has a whole hoard of bw parts . He doesn't have paypal. Wants me to write him a check . It's 2016 I have not wrote a check in years and don't even have any . Could always do money order. Just want to make sure I'm not getting scammed .... ??????
  10. zimflux

zimflux Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Unsure who that is. Username?
  11. Doink!

Doink! 54 ATV bikes since 2002

Oddometer:
    Beware. I have dealt with him before and things were gougingly priced. Furthermore, he has attempted to buy from me using an alternate email using the name "Elizabeth." I know some parts are tough to come by, but the sketchy payment option should raise red flags. Bill still snoops this thread and though he may not like this post, he can't refute it.
    By the way, checks are an excellent way to obtain info to steal one's identity.
  12. Line_life

Line_life Adventurer

Oddometer:
    [. Yes he wants $260 for the chain sliders !! I'm trying to get some made but it's taking awhile and wouldn't mind a oem back up set . 260 seems crazy. He's deff not an enthusiast . Price gouger for sure .

QUOTE="Doink!, post: 30091864, member: 223314"]Beware. I have dealt with him before and things were gougingly priced. Furthermore, he has attempted to buy from me using an alternate email using the name "Elizabeth." I know some parts are tough to come by, but the sketchy payment option should raise red flags. Bill still snoops this thread and though he may not like this post, he can't refute it.
    By the way, checks are an excellent way to obtain info to steal one's identity.[/QUOTE]
  13. zimflux

zimflux Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    [/QUOTE]
    Wow. Where does this person sell there stuff? eBay?
  14. Line_life

Line_life Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Wow. Where does this person sell there stuff? eBay?[/QUOTE]

Threw Craigslist he sent me a email . Saying he had bw parts if I want any .
  15. RWBWheel

Oddometer:
    [/QUOTE]

Let's all boycot this seller, that's highway robbery and the heck if if he doesn't like it...that's what these thread's are exactly for..
    Heck, bend over and I'll be nice enough to sell you a worn part with a sketchy payment system ..
    Some day he is going to need a part for himself and I hope they take his whole account and more.
  16. Line_life

Line_life Adventurer

Oddometer:
  17. zimflux

zimflux Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I agree. It's just too bad and we are too small of a group.
  18. Line_life

Line_life Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Got some more work done on the 350. The disk brake front end is complete . Got the new chains installed . And bolted up rear end . Gotta put the side cover back on. New chain guard and some new trim panels and she will be ready to rip! I'm having a big problem keeping her started front cold start . Takes for ever . I got the bike from Michigan and I'm in Texas so I have no idea on jetting that's in it . Might just pull he carb and give it a good cleaning and inspection and see . Anyone know what stock jetting is ?

image.jpeg image.jpeg
    JagLite likes this.
  19. lngwca

lngwca n00b

Oddometer:
    Hello big wheel thread!

Just picked up a 88 bw200. Runs good. A few things I need to work on.

First things first. I need new chains and sprockets

At the same time I have major "play" in the swingarm shaft. I'm assuming the shim/spacers are wore out. Looking to buy that fancy adjustable setup.

Any advice is super appreciated!

Attached Files:

RWBWheel likes this.
  20. zimflux

zimflux Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Congratulations. Sounds like you are off to a good start with taking apart the swingarm and figure out what's good and what's not.