The Bike is the But

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by dogjaw, Apr 29, 2019.

1. dogjaw

dogjaw plays well alone Supporter

Oddometer:
    Vaya von Dios, mi amigos. tapatalk_1558190199618.jpg
    JB2, Amphib and MrKiwi like this.
  2. borderlinebob

borderlinebob Adventurer

Oddometer:
    CANADA-1/4 mile N of International Falls, MN
    Hey Dogjaw.... I think I have read all the reports on ADV involving Trevor and not sure if I’ve ever commented? Being just over the border from Ice Falls, MN I find myself spending “way” to much time on here over the long winters and I do go back and reread some stuff and Trevor’s original report is one.
    This latest report is SO inspirational.
    It simply highlights what good people there still are in the world. Your at the top of the list in my book and your selfless actions have obviously rubbed off on others in your huge circle who have pitched in.
    If only there were more like yourself who would do what you do, the world would be so much better.
    What I do find a bit sad is that our large group here on ADV ( and I imagine a few other forums you may participate in?) has access to this great story, but the bulk of the folks out there only hear the negative crap that’s on the national news.

Thanks so “very” much dude.
    :killen
    HPPants, JB2, Amphib and 1 other person like this.
  3. dogjaw

Oddometer:
    This is the whole reason I started "The Charlie Bravo Story", as an unbiased, unsaccharin alternative to the negative crap that the media firehoses us with daily. The brutality of the Basement counterbalanced by the fact that if something needs done effectively and in a hurry, the smartasses and reprobates downstairs are your best hope to getting crap done.

Psm said it best over the phone last night; "when somebody calls and wants to come meet Trevor, I ask them if they're an ADVer; if they know what I'm talking about, I know that I have nothing to worry about".

If that's not a ringing endorsement of what this place is all about, I don't know what is...

You FF's rock, and I am proud to call you my kin. Screenshot_20190125-215555_Photos.jpg
    garfey, HPPants, horseiron1 and 10 others like this.
  4. dogjaw

Oddometer:
    It would appear that I'm not making any friends on the "I Ride Arkansas" page, frequented by the cruiser crowd... a lady posted that they were meeting for drinks, and then going riding; I called her on it, this was the result so far. Screenshot_20190525-195255_Facebook.jpg Screenshot_20190525-195308_Facebook.jpg Screenshot_20190525-195324_Facebook.jpg Screenshot_20190525-195337_Facebook.jpg Screenshot_20190525-200218_Facebook.jpg Screenshot_20190525-200340_Facebook.jpg
  5. Shunka

Shunka Supervision Required Supporter

Oddometer:
  6. twowings

twowings Comfortably Numb... Supporter

Oddometer:
    Riding a motorcycle up and down a twisty road is a bigger high than ANY drug that ever was or ever will be...if you need artificial stimulation to 'enhance' your riding experience, you've got the wrong bike...
    dogjaw and MrKiwi like this.
  7. MrKiwi

MrKiwi Love my Tranny Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    if you were to survey 1000 people and ask them what 'having a drink and then ride' means at least 95% of them would assume alcohol.

Not a clever idea in my view to drink and ride. My views come from understanding the science of impairment.

Not a good idea to puff (the green stuff) and ride either.
    JB2 and dogjaw like this.
  8. NateLePain

NateLePain Long timer

Oddometer:
    Oct 8, 2013

@dogjaw was an answer to prayer. An angel with Honda wings. IMG_20131008_214656.JPG IMG_20131008_182829.jpg

nlp
    Shooby, JB2, Amphib and 2 others like this.
  9. dogjaw

Oddometer:
    Wow, I had forgotten these pics existed; this is the night that a local sportbike club wanted to induct Trevor as an honorary member at their monthly bike night at Hooters. They asked if we could get him over there in the Ural sidecar we had borrowed before, so we loaded Trev up and made a small caravan with Pam bringing up the rear with the van and wheelchair.

When we arrived, we hoisted Trevor from the hack and into the chair; as Pam gets precious little time to herself, she took the opportunity to do some shopping. We were wheeling around, checking out the bikes, when Trevor said "I want a beer". Uh oh... at that time, I knew that Pam had to thicken everything he drank due to the atrophication of his throat muscles from the coma, and besides, how would alcohol react with the plethora of medicines he was taking?

So I called Pam to get the verdict; she allowed just one, but I was to make sure he drank it slow. When I asked him what kind of beer he wanted, he said "Hieneken". Great; he wanted an expensive beer. I went inside the restaurant and got the bottle and was heading back outside when the manager stopped me; it seems I was prohibited from taking the drink outside, something about an open container law. I told him that there was a cat outside in a wheelchair that wanted a beer, and I was going to give him that beer, and if he didn't like it, to go ahead and call the law.

So there we were, Trevor sipping his first beer since the accident, and everyone was having a great time. The a North Little Rock patrol car cruised into the parking lot. Great. I thought, that knucklehead called the law.

I was getting my story in order when the patrolman walked up and said the one word I never expected:

"Trevor!!!"

The cop was the officer that had arrested Nathan Ray at home in bed the night he hit Trev, and knew the whole story.

Needless to say, the Hieneken was never mentioned. tapatalk_1558841825475.jpg
    Shooby, garfey, JB2 and 10 others like this.
  10. Pdrhound

Pdrhound Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the education, some days we need perspective. I'll be heading from Denver to Olympic peninsula to san deigo in September. If I can add an ounce of worth let know. I found a man for Charlie, tell me what your think....

1558886983274_15588868881221645621681.png
    JB2, Nixels, dogjaw and 1 other person like this.
  11. MrKiwi

MrKiwi Love my Tranny Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    This thread is so damn annoying.

If I'm feeling like shit I come in here and re-read it and by golly it puts my misery to shame. Talk about perspective.

Damn it, I've got something in my eye again...
    horseiron1, JB2, Nixels and 3 others like this.
  12. Cobra5150

Cobra5150 What? Where?

Oddometer:
    Same here.
    JB2, dogjaw and forgorin like this.
  13. forgorin

forgorin Stuck in Japan

Oddometer:
    Anyone got the number or a good plumber...?
  14. dogjaw

Oddometer:
    Digging through some video since I made it back home, and found this...
  15. Nixels

Nixels Face fears - live life

Oddometer:
    No linky.
    No pix.

:dunno
  16. tag3

tag3 Doofus

Oddometer:
    Inland from the coast of Santa Cruz and Trona.
    Shooby, dogjaw, MrKiwi and 2 others like this.
  17. Shunka

Shunka Supervision Required Supporter

Oddometer:
    The dog not only writes better but she's the brains of the operation.
    JB2, dogjaw, MrKiwi and 1 other person like this.
  18. dogjaw

Oddometer:
    Eyebooger, Nixels and Amphib like this.
  19. dogjaw

Oddometer:
    I resemble that statement
    JB2, sopascat, Shunka and 2 others like this.
  20. HPPants

HPPants Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Enjoyed the entire report. A wonderful reminder that the world is a good place where good people do good things for the right reasons. And you are a good person, indeed.

The dog definitely seems to enjoy the ride. Does she jump on the bike willingly? Do her eyes dry out in the wind? Did you have to pack 25 pounds of dog food for the trip? I couldn't tell in the video, but do you secure her to the bike somehow? Perhaps loosely just to keep her from jumping out after a squirrel?

Thanks for taking the time to post this.
    horseiron1 and Amphib like this.