The Bivouac (general rallye raid news)

Discussion in 'Racing' started by PackMule, Dec 23, 2009.

1. troy safari carpente

troy safari carpente Team f5oolery

Oddometer:
    :y0! someone start the petition... we'll all f5'ing well sign it...!!! :clap:clap:clap :nod:nod:nod
  2. wrk2surf

wrk2surf on the gas or brakes

Oddometer:
    THE exact center of California/Bass lake/Yosemite
    Inmate John Henson from the USA finished the rally in 57th with HT rally. Good job John boy !
    garfey, twinie and silverstone like this.
  3. wrk2surf

Oddometer:
  4. Dakar Dan

Dakar Dan Long timer

Oddometer:
    Aussie finisher Ben Young...very little rider info or bio on the Maroc site: anyone know about him?
    Also Rod Faggotter seems to have been listed as a starter but not on any results sheets.
    And Kevin and Luciano Benevides: brothers?
  5. wrk2surf

Oddometer:
  6. LocuL

LocuL Gnarly Infantry

Oddometer:
    Different respectfull breed these rallyistas...[​IMG]
    sick_boy, godwinmt, gagnaou and 3 others like this.
  7. troy safari carpente

Oddometer:
  8. rides2little

rides2little Braaaaaap Supporter

Oddometer:

Ben is a really nice guy that has done quite a few rallys and really likes the desert ones. He is a normal bloke with a passion for Rally. I raced with him in Serres this year and had fun hanging out and talking with him as we were both supported by Desert Rose. He did AER earlier this year but had a fuel pump fail on him on his 450RR in the 10th stage and his bike didn't make it to the bivouac on time to let him start the stage. He was gutted about that. He has done Desert Challenge a few times, Merzouga too I believe. I know there are others but can't recall what they are currently. Supposedly entered in Dakar 2019 as well. Okay, so maybe not a completely normal guy....:rofl
    TheCadman, twinie, BLucare and 7 others like this.
  9. cheekorollo

cheekorollo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I love that they used this pic... TP posted about it on Instagram last month, admitting that he had actually screwed up and nearly binned it: "tobyprice87 Australia one minute, Peru the next blowing out berms! Pushed her in hard with a little two wheel drifting, then caught the edge and was hanging on for a ride .. "

Cross Country World Champion and still comes across like he's just having fun thrashing dirt squirters with his mates!

Nice job TP!

Cuttlefish, twinie, LocuL and 3 others like this.
  10. troy safari carpente

Oddometer:
    +1

[​IMG]

THAT's what I Think is really so cool about this celebration photo... Pablo is there celebrating Toby's victory as happy and glad in the moment as anyone... and he rides for the "other" team in the Mattighofen family, AND just got pipped by a point for the title.

That is what makes this sport so unique... fierce competitors, team mates, rivals, friends and comrades at all levels.

Respect to every single person in that photograph. :bow:bow:bow

... and a little extra :rayof kudos to Matthias, for giving Tobe's a victory wedgie... :lol3:rofl he seems to be enjoying the moment...:imaposer:clap
  11. troy safari carpente

Oddometer:
    :clap:nod

He does give the impression that he is just having a ball with his mates, doing what he loves - racing dirt bikes in the scrub. :ricky :bow

I can almost hear him sitting around after a win like this one, with his team mates; "Hey guys, ya' know what'd be awesome - Sam, Quint, Shorty, me an' M'thias - if we all rocked down to give the Finke... or the Safari a shake sometime... I'd love to show you blokes my backyard..." :deal

It would be great if Alex would sign off on something like that... :nod
    twotyred, BLucare, Trang and 2 others like this.
  12. ferals5

ferals5 Team black bikes

Oddometer:

3231B416-0A12-4961-A820-706D411B0517.jpeg
  13. troy safari carpente

Oddometer:
    ^^^ couldn't have put it better myself... :clap:clap:clap
  14. twinie

twinie Gabe

Oddometer:
    +1

Toby is the man. Always having fun.

For me, this kind of comment he gives on Instagram after that huge jump on the Maroc Shakedown just sums it up...

"be careful mate"

"we here for a good time not a long time bro"

:jack

Priceless.

[​IMG]
    rkdwp and ferals5 like this.
  15. johnBOYhenson

johnBOYhenson rallye intern

Oddometer:
    Thanks Mike! That rally kicked my butt! I had a great time and I owe you a lot for making the recommendation to use HT Rally; they were a top notch team and Henk Hellegers is a great guy! So, thanks!
  16. Aquatic

Aquatic Long timer

Oddometer:
    2020 Dakar sneak peak
    Proudly South African Redline Nissan

A little pug in the styling?

nissan 1.jpg nissan 2.jpg
  17. troy safari carpente

Oddometer:
  18. charapa

charapa Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Huanuco, Peru, SA, home in Mid-Coast Maine, USA
    OK, I guess the BIVOUAC thread is the best place for this... Hope it is OK with the MODs....

In case you haven't heard, this incredible Peruvian 24 yr old gal, GIANNA VELARDE is going to be moto racing the Dakar 2019! Not only is she a tough kid, but also at her young age a Cancer Survivor (glandular cancer at age 14) ! She has raced MX and Enduro, even tried her hand at a Hard Enduro (aside from getting a BA in Business and being a host for many gearhead TV shows and a riding trainer!). Gianna finished the Dakar Series DESAFIO INCA 2018 here in Peru last month despite her bike catching on fire, running out of fuel 30 kms from the finish and getting stuck multiple times! On day one she was only 90 seconds off Laia's time!

So she is raising money for her Dakar 2019 run by raffling off her 2018 MX KTM. This is really just a local Peru thing, but as AROUND THE BLOCK MOTO ADVENTURES, LLC, we are not only sponsoring her as we can, but campaigning for her with you ADV INMATES! The raffle tickets are 50 soles each (or $15 USD) and if you purchase 6 or more, we will get a commemorative T shirt to you, ASIDE from you entering in the raffle for the KTM! That is first price and there are prizes down to the 11th place, tho most of them require coming to Peru to make use of them...

We will be doing this electronically via Paypal (aroundtheblock07@gmail.com) and will scan you your series raffle tickets. The drawing is on January 3rd, 2019. Gianna has given us 100 tickets to offer to the inmates.
    44141316_1768000340012417_4025216746783768576_n.jpg 36976805_226157114676815_3699202426637647872_n.jpg
    Deadly99, Gian, Lou777 and 2 others like this.
  19. Lou777

Lou777 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Put me down for 6, please Toby. Lou
  20. skibum69

skibum69 slave to gravity Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I’ll be throwing a few shekels her way anyway but I might buy a couple of tickets just for fun. That would make have toco,e down there if I won:lol3