"The Bucky" dual sport - near Madison, WI

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by madwrench, Sep 23, 2009.

1. lamoson

lamoson something catchier

Oddometer:

hey thanks for the nice reply. i thought i might get chewed out. completely understand the situation. maybe next year do the food as pay as you go and make the tshirt optional. cause if it was a little cheaper i would be ALL over that.

any pics of the trails yet? i am excited to see what kind of riding it would be.
  2. madwrench

madwrench Engulfed

Oddometer:
    I'll try to get something up soon. I may get some helmet cam footage this weekend, too.
  3. lamoson

lamoson something catchier

Oddometer:
    wait, so your RIDING it this weekend? i too have a helmet cam. just sayin.:evil
  4. Dan888

Dan888 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  5. madwrench

madwrench Engulfed

Oddometer:
    I really like that photo. The arrow in the stream....perfect!

Gets me thinking about where we can add some H20 to the Bucky...hmmm...
  6. little john

little john Long timer

Oddometer:
    Gets me thinking about where we can add some H20 to the Bucky...hmmm...[/quote]

how about the nude beach at Mazo???? arent you there for lunch anyway, the river is low and those sand bars look kind of inviting!!!:D
  7. ldbandit76

ldbandit76 Life is good.

Oddometer:
    This event starts 200 yards from my house. I've been watching the MMC web page since January to get signed up as soon as registration opened, and, of course, I'm in. So is my Wabeno riding buddy, dad on his KTM.

As for cost, as far as I'm concerned, this thing could be $200 and I'd drop it on the spot. I don't get much chance to ride at all, and having honest-to-gosh dirt riding right out my front door is way, way too cool. :clap

Frankly, I'm surprised this thing isn't filled up with an arm-long waiting list. This is trail riding right next to a big city! The holy grail!

I wish I could have done more to support the ride prep, but work has had me in China pretty much non-stop since July. I'm there now, actually. Not too much trail riding in Ningbo, but lots of scooters...

Anyway, see you all there. We'll be the guys pulling out of the garage a block away. :D

Dave
  8. madwrench

madwrench Engulfed

Oddometer:
    So...you might be both the least AND the most distance traveled to the ride?! Next furthest would be a guy who is coming in from the west coast (Washington) to ride -- walking distance compared to China!

If you had sent your registration in from China that would have really freaked the club treasurer out when he got it!! :rofl

You and your dad are signed up. The club apologizes in advance for any heat you may take from your neighbors after the event!! :huh
  9. madwrench

madwrench Engulfed

Oddometer:
    Yeah, I waited until way late in the game before I finally posted the registration form on the club website, and we didn't really do much to promote it. That was intentional, since we originally were thinking of limiting this to 75 riders for the first year, and there was no question we could fill that up quickly.

As of right now - 3pm on Thursday 10/8 - there are still maybe 25 or so spots left - not sure how many regs are currently in the mail or what arrived today.

So - if anyone is considering riding this event, go ahead and send your reg and check in, but do it NOW, please. The cutoff date is this Saturday, 10/10. We'll wait for anything mailed over the weekend, but then we have to cut it off so we can get the T-shirts printed, the food set up, etc. We don't want to leave anyone out, but we've got to draw a line somewhere.

Assuming this thing comes off OK and we decide to do it again next year, we might have it set up so everyone can register and pay online if they want to. That would certainly be easier for us, and probably easier for a lot of the riders, too.

Those of you who have already sent your stuff in, you should be getting a confirmation in the mail soon. There is another note with the confirmation which mentions that we will have sign-in and sound test available on Friday evening also (not sure exactly what that note says - I only wrote the confirmation sheet part).

Meanwhile -- keep thinking 60 degrees, sunshine, and roostin' your buds!
    :ricky
  10. little john

little john Long timer

Oddometer:
    just opened my confirmation letter it says I'm a jerk!!! :rofl I'm just glad some things never change.

Really though good letter with important points, I'm really looking forward to coming back and riding that area again after all these years. Especially with the Madison Club hosting it.:clap lj
  11. madwrench

madwrench Engulfed

Oddometer:
    In your case, LJ - keep thinking 37 degrees, sleet, and your buds roostin' YOU!

NOTE: BUCKY REGISTRATION CLOSES ON SATURDAY OCT. 10TH!
    ENTRIES POSTMARKED AFTER SATURDAY 10/10 WILL BE RETURNED!
  12. little john

little john Long timer

Oddometer:
    not me,, I'm prayin for 78degrees and BLUE BIRD skies!!!!! :eek1

sigbed the FROG PRINCE of WABENO!
  13. Hotspice

Hotspice Satellites not acquired Supporter

Oddometer:
    Got my letter today.. Guess that means I need to get my sheet together and get the bike back to one piece..

:freaky
  14. madwrench

madwrench Engulfed

Oddometer:
    REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED.

Saturday 10/10/09 is the last day to drop 'em in the mail. Any registrations postmarked after 10/10/09 will be returned. :cry

It looks like we will have a full (plus) ride. :thumb
    'Thank you' to everyone who registered!

We're heading out now to continue work on the trail - I'll take a few pics and post them later.
  15. Dan888

Dan888 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Couple Q's Are we riding rain or shine, and looks like I need a roll chart holder, any recomendations? Anybody made their own? I can't quit thinking about making one up. For ~$20 I could buy the Moose holder and save myself some time and money but..........
    Dan
  16. madwrench

madwrench Engulfed

Oddometer:
    Yes, the ride will be on, regardless of weather.

A roll chart holder will be useful. Personally, I'd just spend the 20 bucks and be done with it, but I know some guys just can't take the easy route....
    A friend of mine machined his own roll chart holder out of solid aluminum - it's a thing of beauty, but it was a huge time suck. He did it just because he could.
  17. sideshow

sideshow debaser

Oddometer:
    Check with the sponsors of the event. Madison Motorsports carries them and they have prices below what I see in many online catalogs. Surprising, but real.
  18. Mr. Salty

Mr. Salty Pretty quiet. Mostly.

Oddometer:
    Dav.Iowa- Wishing I were up in da North Woods...
    Roll chart holders? :huh
    Is there any chance that a GPS track will be posted? :evil :deal

:ear
  19. madwrench

madwrench Engulfed

Oddometer:
    No GPS track will be distributed, here's why:

All of the off-road sections are private property and distributing a track would not go over well with the landowners. We are not even putting any of the private property trail on the roll chart; all the off-road sections will be navigated by trail arrows/ribbon.

The roll chart will really just be for the road parts, to get riders from one off-road section to the next, and the roads are all named, signed roads, so following the roll chart should be very easy. You'll just reset your odo to zero coming out of an off-road section and follow the chart to the next off-road.
  20. madwrench

madwrench Engulfed

Oddometer:
    Thank you for mentioning that! Steve and Judy Parker at Madison Motorsports are great people and are always willing to help you find what you need.