"The Bucky" dual sport - near Madison, WI

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by madwrench, Sep 23, 2009.

1. Mr. Salty

Mr. Salty Pretty quiet. Mostly.

Oddometer:
    Dav.Iowa- Wishing I were up in da North Woods...
    -Or just stick close to the guy in front of you who has a roll chart! :lol3
  2. little john

little john Long timer

Oddometer:

Oh sure I havent reset my odo on the KTM all summer, I better spent every night the rest of the week holding the "back ^ " button in so I'm to o.o by sat morning !:D

Yes go see Steve and Judy, spent the $20. and learn to use a roll chart!
    its so easy even ...I can do it,....... a caveman can do it,.... anyone that reconizes left from right can do it,........old motocrossers and nascar junkies can do it. take your pic, even you can do it mr. salty!
  3. Mr. Salty

Mr. Salty Pretty quiet. Mostly.

Oddometer:
    Dav.Iowa- Wishing I were up in da North Woods...
    Call me freugal (ok cheap), :bueller but I'd rather not spend the $20 for something I might rarely use. :cry
    :kumbaya
  4. madwrench

madwrench Engulfed

Oddometer:
    So....use it more!
  5. little john

little john Long timer

Oddometer:
    Mr. Salty,,Just ask Madwrench , I know all about the frugel and will fault no one for that. especially when it comes to lo profile tires. (please dont post the video clip!!!!PLEASE!!! dont).
    But as someone who's club puts on 2 other dual sport events, the crap I was throwing wasnt just at you . its hard not to laugh (or cry ) after spending several days building a GOOD working roll chart, weeks getting permission as to where guys can ride, and a year of permits, to find a group of 3 to 7 riders sitting on the side of the road :cry 6 miles off course. They are always at the end of a driveway that owns an atv , because " We were just following the tracks and everything was good untill we got on these blacktop roads, and :huh we thought we saw a guy on a bike that turned in here or somewhere this way and the gravel was all tore up here."

I would not rip on anyone not buying things just to have stuff. but at least bring a gallon zip-loc bag, tape the roll chart together, then put it in your tank bag, or jacket pocket or duct tape it to the gas tank so you know where you are supposed to be going. Thats all I'm saying. besides it makes the days riding more interesting when you pay attention to where you are and are going ,rather than watching someones rear tire.
    lj
  6. ldbandit76

ldbandit76 Life is good.

Oddometer:
    I just put the roll chart in the map window of my tank bag. It's easier to read all of it, and less fussy.

Of course, you can probably just follow all the dirtbikers around. Works in Wabeno. Sometimes...
  7. little john

little john Long timer

Oddometer:
    Have I found you 6 miles off the route wondering where to go???:lol3
  8. Dan888

Dan888 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ha ha thanks for all the roll chart replies. I guess I'll probably get the Moose one from the local shop here. That way I can have it all mounted up before I get to the ride. The billet holder sounds cool. I kinda enjoy those time suck projects :) I have more time than money.
    Dan
  9. little john

little john Long timer

Oddometer:
    hey Wrenchy, is there a hotel / pie shack out there in Cross Plains??

its our annaversary that weekend and I may surprize the wife with a romantic getaway that happens to include dirtbikes and drunken riders.

lj
  10. madwrench

madwrench Engulfed

Oddometer:
    No hotel in Cross Plains. Mt. Horeb or Middleton are closest. We could build you a pie shack - I think Crowbait has some old plywood in his garage. It would be real romantical.

I have no comment on the rumors that the Yellow Haired Misery and I joined the Mile Pie Club (or whatever you want to call it) at Wabeno. :wink:
  11. little john

little john Long timer

Oddometer:
    [

I have no comment on the rumors that the Yellow Haired Misery and I joined the Mile Pie Club (or whatever you want to call it) at Wabeno. :wink:[/quote]

All I know is there were complaints every night:eek1 about the howling , barking and whining.:lol3 then there were the friquent "potty" trips!

BTW ...so long as you use the Charlie Minneu spread sheet of pie eating in a lifetime and cut it into the proper size of 1/5th , I dont care what you call it either!
  12. papalobster

papalobster With Gusto!

Oddometer:
    Don't forget to count the savory pies:deal .
  13. madwrench

madwrench Engulfed

Oddometer:
    Little John, that's just so wrong. I was talking about the 2-legged YHM.

I can never catch the other one.....
  14. little john

little john Long timer

Oddometer:
    this has been discussed in length. Savory Pies do not count!!! they dont fit the equation:cry , acording to Charlie!
  15. little john

little john Long timer

Oddometer:
  16. Gasdoctor

Gasdoctor .......

Oddometer:
    [/QUOTE]
    WOW.. That was friggin funny!! :lol3

I agree with you LJ.. Savory pies do not count as previously presented by Charlie..:lol3 BTW, has anyone seen the spreadsheet that backs up that data??
  17. little john

little john Long timer

Oddometer:
    yes he had them at the last work weekend,,, all 46 pages and not a single savory pie.:clap very enlightning reading to go with a 7 course meal. lj
  18. papalobster

papalobster With Gusto!

Oddometer:
    Too bad we were in Michigan huh Shawn? I would have loved to debate the savory pie argument again. Charlie really didn't know how to respond! I think he is probably re-working his calculations in secret. :loco

Anyway, the 24th is coming up. I really wanted to head down there for the Bucky, but the Boy Scout popcorn sale ends that day, Scouting for Food (Boy Scout food drive) is that day, and the Scouts are having a cmpout that weekend.

I seem to have a few irons in the fire.:norton

One of you guys remind Ken to get me the District 16 points right away, that's the last event of the year and it's a pretty close battle for the top 3 positions!:deal
  19. little john

little john Long timer

Oddometer:
    you and who else,, cause as any old enduro rider knows the district ref always wins.:rofl
  20. papalobster

papalobster With Gusto!

Oddometer:
    Points clicky:deal