"The Bucky" dual sport - near Madison, WI

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by madwrench, Sep 23, 2009.

1. madwrench

madwrench Engulfed

Oddometer:
    I told Brad he could bring his own cards, so....
  2. Gasdoctor

Gasdoctor .......

Oddometer:
    That would have been a great debate. Sipping mint juleps on the deck and eating like kings.. Mmmm..

Even though.. The eating was pretty decent at "Meatfest":lol3 and the singletrack was outstanding!!:thumb

3. madwrench

madwrench Engulfed

Oddometer:
    Finally got a chance to ride some of the route - it's gonna be a hoot. :D

My camera battery died, but here are a couple of pics. I'll take a few more tomorrow.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  4. Dan888

Dan888 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Looks like fun! Thanks for the pics. Can't wait. Dan
  5. mdsn969

mdsn969 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    The ride looks like fun. I debated riding my KLR650 (rode the T.W.A.T with it, and some awsum single tracks along the T.W.A.T somewhere in west central WI), but in the end I chose to ride my wife's KLR250 in this event.

Damn, I don't really fit in my riding gear any longer so will be blue jeans and tourmaster jacket :eek1

See everyone there.
  6. madwrench

madwrench Engulfed

Oddometer:
    Early weather forecast is not looking exactly balmy. Of course, there was 6" of snow one year at the old Bucky enduro, so we'll still be way ahead of that.

DRESS WARM. You can always take a layer off later in the day. Might want to bring a bandanna or such to keep your nose/chin/neck warm on the road sections. We were riding the course this past weekend and it was pretty darn chilly in the morning when we were on the pavement. Had to do a couple of laps of some off-road sections just to warm up a bit. :D

Also....when you get in the fields that have been sprayed with manure (you'll know!), you want to either be the guy in front or the guy waaay back. :huh
  7. weggieman

weggieman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hopefully the knee will be healed and the rear tire problem fixed for this one.

Missed out on getting a ride report for Cycle USA at the Kettle Moraine ride due to my mishaps. I don't want to miss out on this one.

Plus I have to get those good cards to advance in points! Who else in the running will be there? I know papalobster is out.
  8. little john

little john Long timer

Oddometer:
    to kind of quote bad 80"s song guy vanilla ice----ROOST, ROOST BABY, Roost!!! :lol3 :lol3 :lol3

OH wait he was giving the forcast for saturday as well ice ice baby ice:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

sorry brian, it was just to easy of a shot not to lob a couple in there,
  9. mdsn969

mdsn969 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Weather is looking like crap... :puke1
  10. Dan888

Dan888 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Looks like someone is already at the Legion ready to go. :D
    [​IMG]
    Are we just street parking around the legion and gathering bikes in the parking lot? If it gets crowded around the legion are there any good alternate parking areas where we can park and then ride over? How many registered?
    Thanks Dan
  11. madwrench

madwrench Engulfed

Oddometer:
    Yes, yes, and not sure.

We will be taking up a lot of the street parking around the Legion Hall.

We also have an empty lot a little ways away which we will be using for camper rigs and also for the sound testing (sound testing is noisy - how ironic). Any tent campers (brrr) are welcome to use the Legion Hall lawn.

110 to 120 riders if everyone shows up.

The weather forecast keeps getting better...went from 39 and snow all the way up to 45 degrees and intermittent light rain....WOO HOO! :D
  12. Dan888

Dan888 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks.
    "Woo Hoo"
    Yeah, fingers crossed for good weather.
  13. ldbandit76

ldbandit76 Life is good.

Oddometer:
    The MMC page says "lunch on the trail." I presume that means "pack your own powerbars and trail mix." Or is there a chili cookoff somewhere that I don't know about?

Hoping for dry weather. It's going to be muddy any way you slice it, though...

Fun!
  14. madwrench

madwrench Engulfed

Oddometer:
    Lunch is included and will be provided at the Wisconsin River Sportsmen's Club north of Mazomanie. It'll be sandwich, chips, and soda kinda thing. A chili cook-off would be nice - we sure lucked into that deal up at the Big Woods (I've never gotten there in time to try the bear chili :cry I'm usually riding sweep and it's always gone by the time I get in).

Mud. Yeah, there will be mud in the fields but we didn't route you through anything swampy, so shouldn't be a big deal.
  15. little john

little john Long timer

Oddometer:
    :lol3
    yea you can tell the big woods and KMSR crews didnt set this up then. we never saw a mud hole the riders didnt want to go through!!!:lol3 lj
  16. madwrench

madwrench Engulfed

Oddometer:
    You are assuming I'm telling ldbandit the truth.

But, your preference is noted. Just wait till next year. I'll have a special roll chart just for you, Johnny Boy.

In the meantime, there are a couple of recently fertilized fields I would be happy to lead you through. Just stay real close behind me and watch my rear tire....
  17. Doctor Zed

Doctor Zed Resident

Oddometer:
    Just finished washing the bikes from Kettle Moraine. Can't wait to apply a new coat of Bucky Mud!!
    See you in Cross Plains.
  18. Mr. Salty

Mr. Salty Pretty quiet. Mostly.

Oddometer:
    Dav.Iowa- Wishing I were up in da North Woods...
    Speaking of mud :evil , are there plans by anyone to be planted at strategic locations with a camera or video cam for photo opportunities? :D :ear
  19. madwrench

madwrench Engulfed

Oddometer:
    Could happen.
  20. little john

little john Long timer

Oddometer:
    Woo Hoo new weather forcast. on and off rain clearing in the pm and 50!!:clap :clap :clap