"The Bucky" dual sport - near Madison, WI

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by madwrench, Sep 23, 2009.

1. madwrench

madwrench Engulfed

Oddometer:
    Thanks to all the Bucky riders, we were able to present the Cross Plains American Legion with a check for $3,000 (we added a bit from the club treasury to round it up) to put towards the Veterans Memorial they are going to build on the Legion Hall grounds. This is a very popular project with the local community, and all were very grateful for the contribution. This will give us a solid foundation of support on which to build the Bucky- it will just get bigger and better as we go forward. Now if we could just figure out a way to guarantee dry weather....

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

THANKS AGAIN TO EVERYONE WHO PARTICIPATED, AND WE'LL SEE YOU NEXT YEAR!
  2. madwrench

madwrench Engulfed

Oddometer:
    OOOPS! Sorry - dunno what happened there. Your email likely went to The Prez (Hollywood), who probably tried to forward it and accidentally deleted it or something -he'll be the first to admit he's not so adept at the whole 'puter thing.

If you PM me your info - Name, address, phone number, AMA number (you must be an AMA member to join), and email address, I'll get you signed up ASAP.

BTW - the next MMC event is the New Years Day road poker run, which starts at the Capitol Square in Madison, and ends up at Quaker Steak & Lube in Middleton. We'll see what Mom Nature throws at us this year. :eek1
  3. ffchick

ffchick FF = firefighter :)

Oddometer:
    LOL no problem, I just realized little john and salty emailed me like the day after the bucky and I JUST got them so I'm not any better. I think I figured it out now though so if anyone PM's me I'll get it quicker than a month later. Sorry guys!!!!
  4. madwrench

madwrench Engulfed

Oddometer:
    ffchick - a note about the club you are joining (besides the fact that the hazing involves a goat, a tub of jell-o and a spatula) ---

We just found out that the Madison Motorcycle Club has been nominated (along with two other clubs) to receive the Racing Club of the Year award at the AMA National Racing Award Banquet in Las Vegas on December 4th. I have no idea who nominated us (thank you to whoever did!), or whether we will end up winning the award, but it's an honor, regardless.

The MMC was established in 1924, and I believe it's the oldest continually operated AMA club in the nation (AMA Charter #2).
  5. ffchick

ffchick FF = firefighter :)

Oddometer:
    LMAO! Well let's just say that the MMC hazing sounds a lot more fun that the hazing I had to go through on probation at the fire department :) I'm in ;) And congrats, that is very honorable about the award!
  6. Dan888

Dan888 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Some day I'm going to get one of those giant checks, :D
    $3000 is a pretty good sum! Great contribution to a great cause, and as you said, it builds a great foundaton for future Buckys. Congrats on your clubs nomination, and thanks again for putting the event on.
    Dan